logo
Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by mswify
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
Problems with extra330

Dears,
I own a Carl Goldberg extra330 ARF with a DLE55, Hitec HS-5645MG on aileron and elavator, Hitec HS-7955TG on rudder, I've been flying the plane for like 2 months now but I'm having problems with some of the 3d manauvers specially the hovering and the harrier, it really is hard to put the plane in the harrier position it tends to stall very fast, even when entering the hovering position the wings start to flip right and left forcing me to increase the throttle to get out of the stall thus it gains altitude, I added weight to the tail (120gm) but still the plane is unstable, one of the good pilots at our feild said that the plane is bad and recommended to buy a new one, is it true? I mean the reviews for the plane were great, can anyone help me with this issue?
mswify is offline Find More Posts by mswify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Re: Problems with extra330

Try reflexing your ailerons up.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by mswify
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts

Sorry but what you mean by reflexing your ailerons up?
mswify is offline Find More Posts by mswify
Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by don szczur
Joined May 2009
131 Posts

Do inverted harriers the rudder stabilizes better in the clean airflow.

Second. put in left aileron and hold, then release for dampening wing rocks. When wing is stalled aileron's don't work well but do dampen during harrier.

Bottom line larger planes harrier better (prefer third scale or better). For innocent practice, do it with a foamy like fancy foam. This teaches rudder direction. Or, if you have better then 5 minute attention span (I don't but Joseph does) do this on FS1. This is the most accurate simulator for practicing this techique because it teaches the stall wing rock corrections. Edge 540.
don szczur is offline Find More Posts by don szczur
Old 11-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by Jezmo
Joined Jan 2009
33 Posts

Learning to Harrier/Hover is probably the hardest thing I have learned so far especially the harrier part. Some planes are way more stable in a harrier are therefore easier to learn on. As Don mentioned bigger planes harrier better but my little E-Flite Extra 260 foamie harriers as good as my AeroWorks Extra 260 50cc so it's what I practiced on until I got good enough to harrier my other stuff. The reference made above to "reflex" your ailerons up means to dial in some "spoileron" on a computer radio. In the "Flaperons" setup you can set the ailerons to both move up a slight amount and put this on a switch so you only use it when needed. I had a CG Sukhoi that was the snappiest plane I have ever owned and the spoileron trick made it much more manageable in slow flight. I used between 1/8" and 3/16" up in spoileron mode and it made a world of difference.
Jezmo is offline Find More Posts by Jezmo
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by don szczur
Joined May 2009
131 Posts

MS,

Hope all has worked out. Yes improving the effective washout on the tips to keep the tips flying while the root is partly stalled.

Don
don szczur is offline Find More Posts by don szczur

Quick Reply