logo
This thread is privately moderated by DoubleA, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by DoubleA
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!
Halifax,NC
Joined Jul 2007
1,219 Posts
Aarthur new to blog!

Hey, Aarthur here just to tell alittle about myself. I am 29y/o. Living in Halifax NC, about 8 miles off the virgina border. Married to a beautiful wife that stands behind me 110% in everything I do and I love her very much for that! I have been interested in flying since i was old enough to understand flying.
My Father introduced me to the hobby when I was 8 or 9 and i was hooked on it since then. My father on the other hand was in and out of everything then, including my brother and I. He didn't seem to pay a whole lot of attention to us when we were young. My mother pretty much raised us. I took to his in and out ways for many years but the only thing that my father introduced me to is the only thing i stuck with. I still love the hobby to this day but I really wish i had a father figure who would have stuck by me and pushed me to do better.
Since then i have been through quite a few jobs. Here again i still had the hobby to go back to. I get a since of accomplishment with the hobby. Also a sense of peace. I am not the smartest by no means. I make a living by my hands.
I have tried to find people in the surrounding area that find enjoyment in the same hobby i do but the only ones i can find are people that are alot older than i am! Noone to really push me and challenge me to push myself! Just alot of people that tell me how foolish i am for spending alot of money in the only hobby my father took the time out to show me! I still try by myself to push myself but it doesn't work!
I will always love the hobby! that is a guarentee! I just wish there was a way i could push myself to be better and more accomplished than what i am today!

I know this is a long blog!

But i do appreciate anyone who reads this!

AArthur
DoubleA is offline Find More Posts by DoubleA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Find More Posts by NCFRgal
On double secret probation
Lawrenceburg, IN
Joined Nov 2006
17,654 Posts
Dude, I have two words for you: Fly IMAC.

If you don't find people there that help to motivate you then you aren't looking hard enough. Not only do you find people that love to do what you do but you will find your skills getting better and better.

Marian
NCFRgal is offline Find More Posts by NCFRgal
Old 09-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts
Marian has it....
I love my local club... I Really do, but my wife jokes that it is hanging out with my retired friends... and I am the only one that flies GS there....

IMAC has opened a whole new world... it really pushes you to fly better.
And it is the BEST group of people I have ever hung around with. Fun, helpful, fun, silly, fun, great pilots, whole range of ages, fun, similar addictions...and fun!

You have to travel a bit, but Imac is great fun.........
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts
Welcome to the Blogs! Great blog at that! Wanna fly IMAC next year? I've been thinking about it myself.

50%
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply