logo
Old 04-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by spwtfpwn
United States, ND, Minot
Joined May 2011
64 Posts
Discussion
Is my Comp 12 Turbo cooked????

I was adjusting the servo output voltage by shorting the "up" pin to the center pin. I checked the output voltage after adjustment with a meter and was not getting an increase in voltage. After repeating this a few times, when checking the voltage I inadvertently shorted a servo lead with my multimeter. I now get rx power but nothing to the servos. Am I going to have to buy another comp 12?
spwtfpwn is offline Find More Posts by spwtfpwn
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Move the rudder what way ?????
United States, NJ, Egg Harbor City
Joined Aug 2006
3,242 Posts
Just send it to Smartfly.
If they built it, they can fix it.
2robinhood is offline Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spwtfpwn View Post
I was adjusting the servo output voltage by shorting the "up" pin to the center pin. I checked the output voltage after adjustment with a meter and was not getting an increase in voltage. After repeating this a few times, when checking the voltage I inadvertently shorted a servo lead with my multimeter. I now get rx power but nothing to the servos. Am I going to have to buy another comp 12?
If no printed circuit board traces were damaged we should be able to fix it. Probably about $50.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by maddogfinnegan
Flyin' Around
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
I just did the same thing to my Comp 12. what was the reply from smart fly?
maddogfinnegan is offline Find More Posts by maddogfinnegan
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Changing Servo Voltage

Here's a cool tool to have when changing your Smartfly voltage to your servos,,, a simple push button switch soldered up to a servo lead. This button switch only makes contact when pushed and opens back up when released. plug it in to increase voltage or reverse the plug to decrease voltage. I found this switch at Radio Shack for a couple of bucks and its the perfect tool to have
Bill Vargas is online now Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
Nice Bill. I think most of the issues of shorting a unit out happen because they try to use volt meter leads in the servo outputs and short across power and ground. I have rarely seen an issue with the adjustment pins. Best practice is to use a servo plug in the servo output on the PowerSystem and then plug that into your meter. You can get banana plugs at Radio Shack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Here's a cool tool to have when changing your Smartfly voltage to your servos,,, a simple push button switch soldered up to a servo lead. This button switch only makes contact when pushed and opens back up when released. plug it in to increase voltage or reverse the plug to decrease voltage. I found this switch at Radio Shack for a couple of bucks and its the perfect tool to have
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply