Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Industry Connection > FlyingGiants Sponsored Technical Support > Smart-Fly Support
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
TazmanianDevil
No Guts No Glory!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! 
Total Awards: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TazmanianDevil
Default Fail safe switch

Accidentally I've plunged the fail safe switch to the charge channel slot and burned it, it was only for a millisecond.
Checked the system, all is working...servos on all the channels, like nothing happened, only the smell of burned circuit.
Can I keep flying with this system, is the charge channel is paralleled ?

Thanks

Adi

Planes & Models
Aerographix
TazmanianDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
db1331
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by TazmanianDevil
View Post
Accidentally I've plunged the fail safe switch to the charge channel slot and burned it, it was only for a millisecond.
Checked the system, all is working...servos on all the channels, like nothing happened, only the smell of burned circuit.

Thanks

Adi
I would never use a electrical component after the factory installed smoke has been released
db1331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
rrritchey
Super Contributor

Hi,
I don't understand why you burned something. Our Failsafe switch only shorts the signal and ground and the signal on the charge ports is unconnected.

That said, you probably only burned up the trace that connects the charge port to the Deans connector. If so you are fine. Its really up to you if you want to send it in to have it checked.

Quote: Originally Posted by TazmanianDevil
View Post

Thanks

Adi
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
TazmanianDevil
No Guts No Glory!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! 
Total Awards: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TazmanianDevil

Thanks Robert I'll keep on flying then

Adi

Planes & Models
Aerographix
TazmanianDevil is offline   Reply With Quote