logo
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by capcanuck
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts
Hitec 5955s and EQ6 Turbo

Usually I use the Hitec programmer to servo match and for throws etc, but now my new EQ6 Turbo has this capability. So what are guys doing as far as initial settings for these servos?

CapCanuck
capcanuck is offline Find More Posts by capcanuck
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Re: Hitec 5955s and EQ6 Turbo

Hi CapCanuck,
I am not sure what you mean by initial settings. The default center is 1.5msec and the throw multiplication factor is 1.0. Basically the Eq6 and Eq10 work as pass-through at default. They do not modify the servo travel at all without programming.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by bgold
United States, AZ, Sun City
Joined Apr 2007
1,242 Posts

You can individually set each servo in a gang with the EQ's, centerpoint and both end points.
bgold is offline Find More Posts by bgold
Old 06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcanuck View Post
Usually I use the Hitec programmer to servo match and for throws etc, but now my new EQ6 Turbo has this capability. So what are guys doing as far as initial settings for these servos?

CapCanuck
I use an EQ-10 on one of my planes, a Power Expander Pro and Smart Fly Optical Cut Offs. Rob Ritchey has some great products that I'm sure you'll enjoy.
Since you're already familar with Hitec servo programming, you may need do only one step in regards to using your EQ-6. If the servos are already programmed for the plane you're using, and you're simply removing the matchboxes and voltage regs. to use the EQ-6, you can calibrate the unit, setting the servo center of the EQ-6 to your transmitter. (the default being 1.5, mine happens to be 1.526, so my center changed on my servos). Since you already programmed your servos with the Hitec programmer, they are already set to your transmitters center, and you might be able to get away with this simple step. Connecting only ONE servo at a time, check the center and end points and see how they match up. If however this is a new install, you will have to follow the step by step instructions provided. It's not neccessary to re-set the 5955's to the factory default using the Hitec programmer, but you may want to.
Dan767 is offline Find More Posts by Dan767
Old 06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

Yeah I have a Smart Fly Power expander, super reg and ig kill on my 35% AW 260 but since it didn't have servo matching I programmed the ail servos for center and end throws.
This EQ6 Turbo is going in a modified Radiowave Extra 330 (now a 300X) and has all new servos. So my question is where do I start? Do I set anything on the servos prior to plugging them into the EQ6? Should I set up deadbands on the aileron servos? I usually have one at max and the other at a few points out (inboard at 2 and outboard at three or four) so they don't fight too much? Or should I just use the Smartfly to do everything? Thanks for the input.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,854 Posts

Keep it simple. Let the Smart-Fly do it all. I'm using all JR on my PAU Edge 36% and that's what I did. Very easy.
Dan767 is offline Find More Posts by Dan767
Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

OK I will do it with the EQ6. Thanks for the help!
CapCanuck

Quick Reply