Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Competition Corner > IMAC By Region > Northwest
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 AM   #931
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

Thanks, you mock my first freeystle...

Quote: Originally Posted by djmille
View Post
It's an actual judging school. There is no flying connected with the judging school.

As far as what pilots are signing up for .... they are demonstrating their sense of humor, or haven't quite figured out how to fill out a form on a webiste
Major_Smackdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #932
Rick Sowell
Super Contributor

John, every time you fly it's freestyle. what are you thinking?
Rick Sowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #933
Swatin Flys
Chief Aircraft R/C Sales Tech.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rick Sowell
View Post
+1
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-control
Swatin Flys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #934
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

True that !

Quote: Originally Posted by Rick Sowell
View Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #935
Dan767
That's at least a 9

I know that the weather has been less than outstanding, I do hope that with last weekends decent weather, most of you were able to get out and do a little flying. The Polar Bear is just around the corner, and I appreciate those of you that have pre-registered. RAMS president Keith Leifsen ahs been hard at work procurring prizes for the contest, and has received replies and support from Fromeco, TBM and Valley View. The Polar Bear is the "primer" for the rest of the season, it's agreat time to catch up in person with your fellow IMAC fliers after a rainy cool winter. I look forward to seeing you at the Polar Bear. When you have spare minute, please check out Cliff Mass weather blog (Google Cliff Mass). He gives great insight to our weather. It looks as though we are finally getting out of the La Nina pattern, thankfully.
Also, there will be cake this year.

Live from Taiwan, where it's currently 75 and sunny.

www.flypau.com
Dan767 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #936
djmille
80's ROCK RULES

Hey NW pilots;
The Oregon Judging School is this weekend. Keith will have a limited number of copies of the rule book. Please print and bring your own copy if you are able.
Goto http://www.mini-iac.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
On the left side of the page there are quicklinks and you will find a “Rules” tab.
You can also bring as many stick planes as you like !

The session kicks off at 9:00. Lunch time will be around noon and everybody must pay for their own food. Any food ordered while we occupy the banquet room will have a mandatory 18% gratuity due to the size of the group (this is a typical restaurant policy).
Some of you may want to eat breakfast at Denny’s before the school starts. This is OK, but it would be best to just grab your own table in the main dining area and make sure you are finished before 9:00.

There is no fee for this judging school;
Drive safe and let’s have some fun !

You can take an airplane away from a guy, but you will never take that guy away from an airplane.
djmille is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #937
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

I always wondered why if you buy in bulk from a restaurant that you have to pay more.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #938
djmille
80's ROCK RULES

Quote: Originally Posted by Major_Smackdown
View Post
I always wondered why if you buy in bulk from a restaurant that you have to pay more.
here is an article on mandatory tipping
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_tipping

Buying in bulk is essentially using the economies of scale to provide incentive for a larger quantity of purchase with minimal increase in transaction headaches by the seller.
Additionally, economists have argued that tipping is economically inefficient, and suggested that a mandatory gratuity might solve some of this issue. Others conclude that mandatory tipping is used to subsidize the sub-standard pay at the workplace.

There are also ways to get out of mandatory tipping practices. You might be able to contest the transaction with your credit card company. You can also ask the manager to waive the mandatory gratuity while threatening to take your large party elswhere. You can also ask the server why they gave you a zero in your spin.

You can take an airplane away from a guy, but you will never take that guy away from an airplane.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #939
Rainman
Rainman

Quote: Originally Posted by Major_Smackdown
View Post
Dang John, I wish I could have seen your first freestyle. I'll bet you did great. Congratulations!!
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #940
Swatin Flys

Everyone headed to the school tomorrow, Let me know if you will need anything brought up to save shipping. Try to call before 3:30..

Steve 541-476-6605 ext 4009
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #941
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

Quote: Originally Posted by Rainman
View Post
Dang John, I wish I could have seen your first freestyle. I'll bet you did great. Congratulations!!
Mike, Im glad you're still alive !! I hope you can come out and play with some of your old pals this year !!

My freestyle was during the judging school - it wasn't all that much to look at - especially considering I didn't even have an airplane to fly.

You have inspired me though and someday I will fly a freestyle during a contest. I promise.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #942
rdgood
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Guys - I couldn't get out work on Saturday.

Wish I could be there- this really sucks since it is so close.

Ronster
rdgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #943
Swatin Flys

Had a good time at school today. We learned allot and some of us got a little shut eye. Keith you do a great job with it, thanks again. Can't wait to see you guys at the events this year.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #944
jlloyd1995
Extreme Flight, DA, JR. (:

+1! Thanks again Keith. What a great seminar. I learned a lot of helpful info for this season. See you guys soon!
Matthew 6:33
God Bless!

Last edited by jlloyd1995; 03-31-2012 at 10:02 PM.
jlloyd1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #945
djmille
80's ROCK RULES

Quote: Originally Posted by Swatin Flys
View Post
Had a good time at school today. We learned allot and some of us got a little shut eye. Keith you do a great job with it, thanks again. Can't wait to see you guys at the events this year.
Yeah; thanks a bunch for everybody who made it and especially to Keith for driving .. a lot of miles, to instruct. I think I counted 25 in attendance.
Be sure to go to the IMAC website and check out the training materials as a review.
http://training.mini-iac.com/Default.html

All the best for a great season.