logo
View Poll Results: are armed
my ccw makes me feel safe 91 40.09%
i hunt almost as much i fly 38 16.74%
i kill paper targets all day long 67 29.52%
cant stand guns 31 13.66%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by flynbye, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
I firmly believe the best way to be prepared is to be completely comfortable with your weapon, and how it operates as well as being proficient at shooting it and putting rounds on target.

The one positive it does create/stress is that you are comfortable with your weapon, accurate, and all in an increased stress environment. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast....
Exactly what I have been trying to say. In a tress situation you will default to whatever training you have. If you have none then I suggest you carry rocks rather than a gun since there is little that is more dangerous as an armed person in a panic.
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
Right now... all guns have a premium price due to the Obismal Regime....
Well, more accurately gins prices have risen due to an irrational response on the part of gun owners. Obama has done absolutely nothing with regard to gun laws and yet the gun folks are running around like the end is near. So in fact the gun people have brought it on themselves. But is always easier to blame somebody else.

Quote:
My number 1 choice for home defense...
It is interesting that despite being exceptionally well armed and apparently ready to use deadly force that you have still been the victim of a crime at least twice that I can remember. Luckily they only took airplane stuff and not your guns!!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by iflyos
Whaddya mean "Upside Down?"
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Apr 2006
575 Posts

I gotta agree with you there!! BTDT, and in my experience, the more violent the action from us "friendlies," the greater the body count we get...

Tim
AG4RZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneSGT View Post
Violence of action usually helps win fire fights when you have two nearly equal forces.
iflyos is offline Find More Posts by iflyos
Old 02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts

Did anybody actually get to say to a perp "do you feel lucky punk? huh? do ya? ".
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Well, more accurately guns prices have risen due to an irrational response on the part of gun owners. Obama has done absolutely nothing with regard to gun laws and yet the gun folks are running around like the end is near. So in fact the gun people have brought it on themselves. But is always easier to blame somebody else.
Obama has only been pres for a few weeks... the jury is still out as to wehter or not the actions are irrational.... time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
It is interesting that despite being exceptionally well armed and apparently ready to use deadly force that you have still been the victim of a crime at least twice that I can remember. Luckily they only took airplane stuff and not your guns!!
My house was broken into twice, attempted my truck two or 3 times.... I was not home for any of these occurrances.... no airplane stuff taken... DVD player, Game Cube.. blah blah blah
My weapons were secured/hidden
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-05-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
3D1
Find More Posts by 3D1
3D1
Damn Wind
MA
Joined Oct 2008
344 Posts

It's a long story... the guy had no reason, but in his own mind I guess he did.

My dad was a minister and pastor of a local church at the time... probably the reason he was able to calm the guy down and end the threat.

And like you, I've been shooting from a very young age. My dad started me on BB guns when I was tiny, and then gradually worked with me up to larger and larger weapons. Now I can handle most anything I want to shoot [/quote]

sometimes it takes a bigger man to walk away. pulling a gun on a minister. what a psycho.
3D1 is offline Find More Posts by 3D1
Old 02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
8,437 Posts

Interesting story....

I know two Fresno County Dep Sheriffs.... Both have had to shoot bad guys.... well... everyone knows how the media potrays officers going thru emotional trauma or meltdowns when they shoot a badguy...."When they take another human life"...that ain't always true!

Sheriff #1, "JimmY"... Sheriff for about 12 years when he whacked the perp.... I asked him "How did you feel after you shot the bad guy?"... he said... "The SOB was shooting at me and I was happy as hell I got him first!"...

Sheriff #2, "Mike"..... his story goes like this.....They were going to get a guy who was wanted...like a fugitive..
"I was going around back of the house 'cuz we thought the guy might try to foot bail out the back door... while I was walking thru the gate, I heard a door slam open, a struggle and then BANG! When I came around, the scummy was on my partner, and was bringing the gun down to shoot him a second time... I raised my gun and shot at him till he fell to the ground"... I asked Mike how he felt about shooting a man dead.... his response..... "I felt like crap 'cuz I couldn't kill him fast enuff! "

One thing that sucks... Mike used his own S&W 9mm weapon as that department at the time issued 38 wheel guns. and as a result of this, his personal gun was confiscated as evidence... becuase the family of the scummy filed a civil action against the dept and against Mike. In one of his court appearances, the attourney for the "Victim's" family asked Mike why he shot at his Client's son 14 times.... Mike said, quite truthfully... "The gun only holds 14 bullets".... he said even the judge chuckled at that one! Finally.. after 4 years of legal BS, a judge finally ruled.. "this case has no legs... he was a scummy.. the officer used lethal force justifiable"... and Mike got his gun back....
Any heartache Mike felt was because his partner got shot and he was there too late.... His partner lived and recovered.....
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 02-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

Good for those guys!
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Puckett View Post
Jon that is sweet. Whos upper and and lower did you use?

Hey Chris I used the Doublestar lower, and Black Rifle Works upper, with Ultramatch 1:8 twist match bull barrel,, I just put a timney trigger unit in it yesterday,
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic3D View Post
or an M4 Carbine with M203 attachment.

SMG

M4 / M203

See the resemblance????
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Vess Propellers!
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
Nice rifle Jon! Where do ya'll shoot around here?
He 50cent we shoot right here at my house,, I live in the country, we can walk out the back door and start shooting,,, hadn't shot much in the last month or so because of the cold, we have been duck hunting hard, but now duck season is out,, so anyway,,
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Vess Propellers!
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

And for you big gun guys ,, here is what my dad bought me for a christmas present in 2007,,,
a
Armalite AR50
50 BMG (50 caliber for you non gun buffs)
Effective range 1 1/2 miles(with a 3000 dollar scope) I don't have that nice of a scope,
I can shoot around 1100 yards pretty accurate, like hit a person accurate, but can't reach out to 7500 foot "YET" LOL
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wentzville, MO
Joined Jan 2006
9,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Which one Cracky? I have a couple different things on order. You talking about this one? Or are you talking about the Kimber?
Yah John, the Barrett.....
Cracky is offline Find More Posts by Cracky
Old 02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Do you live in Wayne county? I'm thinking about getting a house later this year, if I'm still around...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
He 50cent we shoot right here at my house,, I live in the country, we can walk out the back door and start shooting,,, hadn't shot much in the last month or so because of the cold, we have been duck hunting hard, but now duck season is out,, so anyway,,
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Greyhoundman
GRRRR
Ofallon, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
And for you big gun guys ,, here is what my dad bought me for a christmas present in 2007,,,
a
Armalite AR50
50 BMG (50 caliber for you non gun buffs)
Effective range 1 1/2 miles(with a 3000 dollar scope) I don't have that nice of a scope,
I can shoot around 1100 yards pretty accurate, like hit a person accurate, but can't reach out to 7500 foot "YET" LOL

Good lord man I really don't want to sound like one of those gun nazis but what the hell do you use that for?......legally anyway.
Greyhoundman is offline Find More Posts by Greyhoundman

Quick Reply