logo
Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Spektrum has delivered plenty of "good solid performance", there's no marketing gimmicks, just a system that works. Why be negative about this radio, why knock something they may actually be benificial to the user. I flew 1000's of flights on DSMX last year, close to 400 of those flights were at big events (SEFF/Joe Nall) and the system has worked flawlessly. If you don't like Spektrum for some reason then don't use the product, no one is forcing anyone to click on this thread or buy the product, there are plenty other brands out there, like the ones you mentioned, there's no sense in coming into this thread and bashing a product that you obviously don't intend on using.
Nobody came here to dog on Spektrum. Noone is questioning the performance of the system. Efishensea stated early in this thread that it was "SAFER" because of the dual antanna's. The resulting banter has been due to his comments, not the function of the radio. I am sure the radio will be rock solid. Keep in mind that those of us on JR radios use the exact same rf tx (DSM2/DSMX) we are not saying there is anything wrong with the protocol.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
Pump the brakes Jeff.....LOL I guess i should have also stated that i know people who have had zero issues with the A-9. the only reason i said "MIGHT" is because i have seen those with issues on the A-9. Not dogging on your radio, i know you love it.

Besides that.....gas is like $3.33 a gallon.......If youre gonna spend that kind of cash, bring a plane and lets huck. That would be way more fun than driving back to Texas beat up......LMAO
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Hey Jeff........you gonna be able to make Nall? Please say yes, we gotta get together soon.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Would love to,but doubt it.My son and his wife and 4 kids moved in with us as he hasn't worked in about 3 months,so things are pretty tight here.Hopin to make the La huckfest,and maybe Austin.
Jeff Sikes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Im hoping to make the LA huckfest as well, but i cant take vacation for it since im taking vacation for Nall. We will have to wait and see. If all else fails, I'll just have to come to you for a couple of days. Maybe if i come that far, i can get Tex to come meet us.

Hey, the oilfield is getting extremely busy right now. If he needs some leads on work, and he's not afraid to get dirty, let me know.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by Efishensea
F - IT !!!!
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
I'll have one of these in my hands next week, I'll see if I can post some pictures of the different screen menu functions as well as get some more detailed information about the radio so I can answer some of the questions you guys have. This is of coarse if we have it on display at our Horizon booth at the WRAM show.

Lee

Looking forward to your assessment of the Radio.
Thank's!
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
I don't know if he would leave Tx,he is real family oriented and oilfield work keeps you away from for weeks,as you know,so I don't think he would go for it but I will mention it to him.
That's one of the things I love about the guys here though,with all the bitchin and bashing and oil,motor,radio wars,the good always shines through when needed!!!
Jeff Sikes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Yep, its not for everyone. just wanted you to know i'll do all i can to help if its an option. That's how we roll.....
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by McCartyCFII
United States, AL, Madison
Joined Jan 2006
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
On the DX18-10 channels are 1024 and the 8 on swithches are 512 resolution. Got to see one this last weekend
10 channels are 11ms 2048

With XPlus Activated:
  • 10 channels 22ms 2048
  • XPlus variable speed 512
McCartyCFII is offline Find More Posts by McCartyCFII
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
F - IT !!!!
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartyCFII View Post
10 channels are 11ms 2048

With XPlus Activated:
  • 10 channels 22ms 2048
  • XPlus variable speed 512
What say you? Regarding the Two Perpendicular Tx Antenna's
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
Nobody came here to dog on Spektrum. Noone is questioning the performance of the system. Efishensea stated early in this thread that it was "SAFER" because of the dual antanna's. The resulting banter has been due to his comments, not the function of the radio. I am sure the radio will be rock solid. Keep in mind that those of us on JR radios use the exact same rf tx (DSM2/DSMX) we are not saying there is anything wrong with the protocol.
Somebody came here to dog on Spektrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
Kerching! Right on the money -- either that or Spektrum have a real problem.

No other 2.4GHz system (apart from Weatronics (which some say isn't so bullet proof anyway)) needs two transmitter antennas.

The reality is that Futaba, Airtronics and a bunch of others (including -- gasp! -- that cheap Chinese stuff) have been working just fine with one antenna.

I fly a "cheap Chinese" 2.4GHz system with a single antenna out to over 2Kms when FPVing and it works just fine without two transmitter antennas.

So, if the Chinese and Futaba can do it -- I wonder why Spektrum can't?

That's right -- it's just another "feature" designed by the marketing department to try and provide a point of difference in a market where all the contemporary 2.4GHz systems work just fine -- without gimmicks.

Next thing you know, Spektrum will be licensing Jim Drew's "patented spherical antenna" -- you know, the one that he never could show anyone and which he now seems to have dropped in favour of a good old dipole.

Come on Spektrum -- if you want to be taken seriously -- deliver good solid performance, not silly marketing gimmicks that even a 5-year-old can see right through.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
i think the point he was trying to make was that the two antenna's were not really necessary. Other spektrum systems are rock solid with one antenna, so it would seem to be more geared toward marketing than actual function.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by McCartyCFII
United States, AL, Madison
Joined Jan 2006
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efishensea View Post
What say you? Regarding the Two Perpendicular Tx Antenna's
Dual diversity antenna - (the reason for the plastic handle)
  • solves weak folding antenna
  • Provides extra rf path to the receivers resulting in superior performance with no blind spot
McCartyCFII is offline Find More Posts by McCartyCFII
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet View Post
Kerching! Right on the money -- either that or Spektrum have a real problem.

No other 2.4GHz system (apart from Weatronics (which some say isn't so bullet proof anyway)) needs two transmitter antennas.

The reality is that Futaba, Airtronics and a bunch of others (including -- gasp! -- that cheap Chinese stuff) have been working just fine with one antenna.

I fly a "cheap Chinese" 2.4GHz system with a single antenna out to over 2Kms when FPVing and it works just fine without two transmitter antennas.

So, if the Chinese and Futaba can do it -- I wonder why Spektrum can't?

That's right -- it's just another "feature" designed by the marketing department to try and provide a point of difference in a market where all the contemporary 2.4GHz systems work just fine -- without gimmicks.

Next thing you know, Spektrum will be licensing Jim Drew's "patented spherical antenna" -- you know, the one that he never could show anyone and which he now seems to have dropped in favour of a good old dipole.

Come on Spektrum -- if you want to be taken seriously -- deliver good solid performance, not silly marketing gimmicks that even a 5-year-old can see right through.
just speculation, but maybe they are looking at areas to keep a stronger signal to the reciever for high Rf environments like SEFF and Joe Nall. it has been fully proven like you said that only one antenna is needed off the transmitter even with dsmx. but maybe there looking at ways to further make the signal stronger. it's in one neat package so who care how many antenna's are inside.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 02-14-2012, 12:15 PM
F - IT !!!!
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartyCFII View Post
Dual diversity antenna - (the reason for the plastic handle)
  • solves weak folding antenna
  • Provides extra rf path to the receivers resulting in superior performance with no blind spot
Hmmmmm? No Blind Spot! So you could say "SAFER" Then?

Quick Reply