logo
Old 11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by raron455
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Oct 2012
207 Posts
Thanks for the contact JEDIJODY, I called Milton, and have an igniton coming,,
hopefully the ignition is whats wrong,, I will keep everyone posted.
raron455 is offline Find More Posts by raron455
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by raron455
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Oct 2012
207 Posts
Ok, the results are in,, the thorn in my 3w side was,,,,,DRUM ROLL!!!!!!
The friggin ignition,, I got it in last night, installed the ignition, Timed the engine (I seen that it was recommended 28-30degrees so I set mine at 29) then I took it off the stand had my wife lock in and hold it, kept the ignition off, primed the engine 3 flips, turned the choke and ignition on , flipped twice, she popped, choke off 3 flips and off to running, that's with no real carb tuning,, gave it a couple quick revs, and she spun up,,, So I could sleep last night,,,

Today get home from work, pull the plane out to the yard, put my holder in, tie the plane to the holder, then run a rope from each side of my wingtube to my metal fence post that I personally buried 4 feet in concrete.
FIll the plane up with fuel, choke and ignition on, 3 flips, pops,, choke off, 3 flips running,, I set the needles, first the high spinning a 32x12 menz prop I hit 5780 rpms,, I backed the high down to 5500
then set the low, it was a little tricky because this new carb from Da is sensitive, but I got it dialed in, great transition with ZERO miss. as far as the idle, I don't know what It is supposed to be, I have it at 1200 but the engine will actually idle at 800, shakes, sounds like its gonna die, but it don't.
my 3w has never ran this good, now it runs like a raped ape. I cant wait to fly my new 40%er

THANK YOU TO ALL THE GUYS WHO RESPONDED TO HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM,, THE HELP THAT IS AVAILABLE ON THIS FORUM IS PRICELESS. I WANT TO GIVE A SPECIAL SHOT TO JEDIJODY, THANKS BROTHER, YOU TOOK THE EXTRA TIME TO PM ME AND GET ME IN TOUCH WITH MILTON, A GREAT GUY. THE IGNITION SWAP WAS A PIECE OF CAKE, SO EASY,,,

IF YOUR EVER IN WACO, HIT ME UP AND ILL TAKE YOU OUT FOR A STEAK,,,
raron455 is offline Find More Posts by raron455
Old 11-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Glad you got it worked out!
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by jon595
Supercharged....
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jan 2006
906 Posts
Glad it is running better for you. I know how frustrating it can be.
jon595 is offline Find More Posts by jon595
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by flipsideflyer
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Check that Sensor Magnet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
Your problem is the ignition. The guy that sold you the engine said he gave you a spare ignition, he didn't. He gave you the bad one that he replaced, with the one that ran when you bought it, yeah I'm psychic.

Don't bother with another 3W ignition. Get the Rcexel from Milton. Call him and tell him if you have two magnets or one and he'll set you up. His # is 678 372 7697. Or go to his website and figure it out, he has easy to understand links.

Also, if the reed spacer and carb mount are the old black plastic ones, pitch em. Call Gerhard and get the aluminum versions, much fewer problems with leaks from heat expansion and warping.

http://www.rcextremepower.net/
HOWEVER: before purchasing that new ignition, CHECK THE SENSOR MAGNET! See my experience with this issue at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-...ition-not.html and hope you're able to get it working. -"flip"-
flipsideflyer is offline Find More Posts by flipsideflyer
Old 06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by Bubbasanjohn
Gaszilla! Run for your life!
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Apr 2014
76 Posts
Think he did 7 months ago
Bubbasanjohn is offline Find More Posts by Bubbasanjohn

Quick Reply