logo
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Ya know Blake I have to say I'm really surprised this thread had to run for as long as it did over a simple problem. What you've experienced is nothing unusual and should have been taken care of in a few moments. Is this the what the current generation of 'new modeler' is like? Needs to discuss at length a very simple issue and its resolve? Don't you have ideas and solutions of your own based on past experience regarding how to overcome simple problems like this?

I cant believe anything so simple as a broken engine mounting lug would cause more than a few moments of inconvenience to a modeler when thinking about how to correct a defect.
I don't mean to single you out in any way but my god if something so simple needs the help of a forum then the new gen modeler is hopeless without aid and this hobby has taken a dive into the ground as far as independence and self sufficiency is concerned.

Seriously
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
I think we're just dealing with the wintertime blahs... not much flying to talk about, so we look for anything else to waste time while the wife has the TV tuned to some useless reality show!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by robbinsp
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Sep 2009
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
Ya know Blake I have to say I'm really surprised this thread had to run for as long as it did over a simple problem. What you've experienced is nothing unusual and should have been taken care of in a few moments. Is this the what the current generation of 'new modeler' is like? Needs to discuss at length a very simple issue and its resolve? Don't you have ideas and solutions of your own based on past experience regarding how to overcome simple problems like this?

I cant believe anything so simple as a broken engine mounting lug would cause more than a few moments of inconvenience to a modeler when thinking about how to correct a defect.
I don't mean to single you out in any way but my god if something so simple needs the help of a forum then the new gen modeler is hopeless without aid and this hobby has taken a dive into the ground as far as independence and self sufficiency is concerned.

Seriously

yup mode you hit the nail on da head.
robbinsp is offline Find More Posts by robbinsp
Old 02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by Black Bird
Into The Light I Command Thee
Utopia
Joined Mar 2006
1,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
I think we're just dealing with the wintertime blahs... not much flying to talk about, so we look for anything else to waste time while the wife has the TV tuned to some useless reality show!
One discussion reflects a trend and not the disposition of the hobby. Men like things to talk about too. More intuitive thoughts, but I will agree with reyn on this one.
Black Bird is offline Find More Posts by Black Bird
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
The weather here in Atlanta is supposed to be decent tomorrow.. so I think I'll finally get to maiden my new CARF 3M extra 330... I got it back in October, took forever to build it, and it's been sitting in my basement for over a month waiting on good weather and an opening in my schedule... wish me luck!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 02-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Quote:

Seriously
Hey Mode, its probably safe to say not many were born when you were learning to build,,, yes?

old dudes are funny when they tell it like it is
Bill Vargas is online now Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by fiveash1
Flyin' Around
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
If my sister was in a whore house and my buddy was flying a DA. I'd just Damn sure have to get my buddy outa the DA first! I'll stick with my dla and be Happy
fiveash1 is offline Find More Posts by fiveash1
Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Wacky
Go DA or go home!!!!
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveash1 View Post
If my sister was in a whore house and my buddy was flying a DA. I'd just Damn sure have to get my buddy outa the DA first! I'll stick with my dla and be Happy
Really! You must really hate your sis......or really like your "buddy"!
Wacky is offline Find More Posts by Wacky
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Hey Mode, its probably safe to say not many were born when you were learning to build,,, yes?

old dudes are funny when they tell it like it is
LOL Hey Bill hows you?
Well I aint that old but I'm getting there. Best thing about being old is you no longer give a crap about being politically correct....times short so gotta get it out. Look at Ralph (antique) another crusty old fart like me.

You gotta admit though the new gen of modelers who only know ARF's and how to fly are useless bunch. They think they are contributing to the hobbies development when all they are really doing is reducing it to zero knowledge and flying skill. Makes you wonder how they ever got past puberty with the inane questions they ask. I'm sure mommy is somewhere close to spoon feed them when the time is right.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by Black Bird
Into The Light I Command Thee
Utopia
Joined Mar 2006
1,363 Posts
Quote:
LOL Hey Bill hows you?
Well I aint that old but I'm getting there. Best thing about being old is you no longer give a crap about being politically correct....times short so gotta get it out. Look at Ralph (antique) another crusty old fart like me.

You gotta admit though the new gen of modelers who only know ARF's and how to fly are useless bunch. They think they are contributing to the hobbies development when all they are really doing is reducing it to zero knowledge and flying skill. Makes you wonder how they ever got past puberty with the inane questions they ask. I'm sure mommy is somewhere close to spoon feed them when the time is right.
Pete,
It’s Yoda, not to single you out, just having a playful debate. The new gen modeler you describe contributes to the hobby thru circular flow. They create investment opportunity and producer income. This income furthers the hobby. Such in this case with DLA.

Knowledge and skills is very expensive for the low income modelers. Your financial situation and knowledge allows you to float from market to market with free opinions. An ARF was a kit. Someone had to build it. Income effects dictate the new gen modeler to buy an ARF. Economically sound.

Being spoon fed may be undesirable, but most people with money have a big spoon. Good Luck Pete.
Black Bird is offline Find More Posts by Black Bird
Old 02-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,358 Posts
ill use a fork...

someday everyone in america will be poor again the way things are heading.

but wealth is not measured in dollars or euros or yen, as you should understand BB
Old 02-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Hey Mode, I'ms doing ok,,, just rotting away here at the Alliance Airport here in TX and going thru another Bell Helicopter class.

Yea times have certianly changed my friend. What amazes me is all these huge servos that are being used to overcome the aerodynamic Deficiencies. The example for that are them ailerons that twist like a wet Top Roman noodle, MFG's(aw) telling you not to use JR equipment in their arfs,,,, and the list goes on an on an on. I wish all these middle man arf MFG's would offer kits of their planes again,,, but thats a whole nother discussion all to itself.

Good thing for us grumpy old noobs to pick Johny up, set'em upright and to hopefully guide them in the right direction.

I miss the days of learning about Hot Stuff
Bill Vargas is online now Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 02-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Hey Mode, I'ms doing ok,,, just rotting away here at the Alliance Airport here in TX and going thru another Bell Helicopter class.

Yea times have certianly changed my friend. What amazes me is all these huge servos that are being used to overcome the aerodynamic Deficiencies. The example for that are them ailerons that twist like a wet Top Roman noodle, MFG's(aw) telling you not to use JR equipment in their arfs,,,, and the list goes on an on an on. I wish all these middle man arf MFG's would offer kits of their planes again,,, but thats a whole nother discussion all to itself.

Good thing for us grumpy old noobs to pick Johny up, set'em upright and to hopefully guide them in the right direction.

I miss the days of learning about Hot Stuff

+1
Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinsp View Post
+1