logo
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,373 Posts
Good Work Scott, but what's with the avatar? I hope that's not your kid. Mine just got in BIG trouble for swearing

Authentic deans or copy? I got some of the aftermarket deans clones once and when I opened them I tossed them, the metal was oxidized or something right out of the bag.
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by scott m lyons
GOT GAS ?
Bennington VT.
Joined Aug 2008
6,798 Posts
If you solder the wires to the connector with the male side connected , it will move the tabs in the female side just so. I had deans do this and went to the aftermarket ones and they worked great. I believe it was do to the way I was soldering them like mensioned before.
scott m lyons is offline Find More Posts by scott m lyons
Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by scott m lyons
GOT GAS ?
Bennington VT.
Joined Aug 2008
6,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3daviator View Post
Good Work Scott, but what's with the avatar? I hope that's not your kid. Mine just got in BIG trouble for swearing

Authentic deans or copy? I got some of the aftermarket deans clones once and when I opened them I tossed them, the metal was oxidized or something right out of the bag.
LOL ! NAA just a picture I found online that makes me crackup every time I see it.
scott m lyons is offline Find More Posts by scott m lyons
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott m lyons View Post
LOL ! NAA just a picture I found online that makes me crackup every time I see it.
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Estados Unidos, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2006
1,339 Posts
So MORE than 6.5v on the EQ6 its Not safe to Use??

thanks
jonathanmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jonathanmanopla
Old 02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Its not unsafe....everything gets regulated down to that via the EQ6.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmanopla View Post
So MORE than 6.5v on the EQ6 its Not safe to Use??

thanks
The Eq6 servo regulator is adjustable over he range 5.5V-6.6V. The battery inputs can handle up to 8.5V.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by off2fly View Post
Mr.Ritchie,and all,thanks for the help.It was a bad connection on Deans plug .It looks fine and I can't find anything wrong with it,nice and shiny,Must be oxidized or something.anyway if you move it the led's flash on either side you plug it in and the other battery works fine either side. Wonder if puting de-ox or something like that would help keep a better connection?I know we use it on electrical gear....
I believe the EC3 connectors might be a better design.. Thanks,Vann
Actually the EC3s really are not. We are working on a custom Traxxis type board mount connector for our units that we hope to start using around the end of the year on new units. The Traxxis are used in RC cars and get rave reviews. Knock-off Deans are something to stay away from. Also, you need a VERY hot iron so you can melt the solder on the wire to the pin in under 2 seconds and remove the heat. You should not use low wattage irons. This is very important because the Deans plastic can deform and even the leaf-springs cannot help that.
Site Sponsor
Old 02-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by off2fly
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts
I bet most of your problems come from Dean's issues,Do you think it would be a bad idea to add a little de-ox to the blades on the dean connector? Thanks so much for the help,heard you had best customer service in the business!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Actually the EC3s really are not. We are working on a custom Traxxis type board mount connector for our units that we hope to start using around the end of the year on new units. The Traxxis are used in RC cars and get rave reviews. Knock-off Deans are something to stay away from. Also, you need a VERY hot iron so you can melt the solder on the wire to the pin in under 2 seconds and remove the heat. You should not use low wattage irons. This is very important because the Deans plastic can deform and even the leaf-springs cannot help that.
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Old 02-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
I bet most of your problems come from Dean's issues,Do you think it would be a bad idea to add a little de-ox to the blades on the dean connector? Thanks so much for the help,heard you had best customer service in the business!
Hi, actually I have very few issues with the Deans UltraPlugs. I am not familiar with De-Ox so I don't know exactly how it works. We honestly do not have oxidation issues with REAL Deans UltraPlugs. Typically I see Deans UltraPlugs give reliable service for 4-5 years with no maintenance what so ever.
Site Sponsor
Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts
Okay,thanks,the ones i was using were probably 5 years old,I cut them off some old fromeco batteries.Thanks,Vann
Old 02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Quote:
Okay,thanks,the ones i was using were probably 5 years old,I cut them off some old fromeco batteries.Thanks,Vann
Everything can only be used so long. I think that is something people in this hobby don't really think about, they reuse everything practically till it fails. All electronics and mechanical interconnects actually do age. The electric fields and heat age the ICs in transmitters and receivers. Think of how many VCRs, DVDs or TVs last more than 7-10 years. Connector surfaces do oxidize. The gold on the surface of connectors is actually meant to kind of "blend" at the mating point to create a seal that keeps oxygen out. A crimp done right does the same thing. But all these things age and should be replaced after a number of years.
Site Sponsor
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts
your exactly right,I just got lazy and figured since I never plugged/un plugged they would be fine. Me wrong! Thanks , Vann

Quick Reply