logo
Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by off2fly
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts
I think Mikes just trying to show they have found a solution,been a loooooooong go of it,but a solution better than none.
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
Tavis just has to get his radio back from the service center, and get 50 flights on them so that he can give his take on things.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,276 Posts
OK. So do I need to send in all my 7950's for an upgrade of some sort?
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2robinhood View Post
The servos in post #4345 that Mike Mayberry is talking about have never been in the air.
I don't know if they ever will be either.
They are showing promise, but they need some flights on them to see what happens.
Then a lot of flights to prove to me that I can go back to Hitec, the brand of servos that I once loved.
So all of that info in post 4345 is of the servos in an airplane, in a garage.
No actual flying.
Exactly!

Edit: And Tavis said the issues with is TX are RECENT. Remember he bought a A9 just to debunk the TX theory.
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Last edited by rcpilot82; 05-09-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: added
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
So has anybody been using these servos successfully?

I saw a video on youtube where a guy showed a jitter problem, but he has his comments moderated for some reason.

Whenever I see something crazy like that I think there has to be something wrong with the power distribution, or PWM signal, or something else.

I use a lot of 5245s, 7245s, 5065s, and 5085 servos from hitec, and like them.

I am debating the JR servos or the 7250TH servos, and am trying to figure out how much of a problem this really is.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
So has anybody been using these servos successfully?

I saw a video on youtube where a guy showed a jitter problem, but he has his comments moderated for some reason.

Whenever I see something crazy like that I think there has to be something wrong with the power distribution, or PWM signal, or something else.

I use a lot of 5245s, 7245s, 5065s, and 5085 servos from hitec, and like them.

I am debating the JR servos or the 7250TH servos, and am trying to figure out how much of a problem this really is.
I'm sure someone must have had some success with them but I've had nothing but problems. If you want to know the kind of problems people where having, there is 290 pages of information in this thread and it's all been said before.

The thing that bothered me most was that Hitecs support of the people that where having problems with them for a very long time was pitiful at best. Also, they aren't even significantly less expensive than the JRs. Based on any thing that is important to me, (performance, service and price) I simply see no reason to buy hitec servos ever again.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
10,276 Posts
I have several of the 7950 and 7955's. I'm getting a bit of jitter on the two 50's that are controlling my rudder on a 37% Edge, after 160 flights or so. The others seem to be holding up ok. I too read the thread here on Giants, and based mostly on that, and to a lessor extent on my jitter problems with my rudder servos, I'll be switching to Savox.
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by off2fly
Danville Va.
Joined Feb 2006
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
I'm sure someone must have had some success with them but I've had nothing but problems. If you want to know the kind of problems people where having, there is 290 pages of information in this thread and it's all been said before.

The thing that bothered me most was that Hitecs support of the people that where having problems with them for a very long time was pitiful at best. Also, they aren't even significantly less expensive than the JRs. Based on any thing that is important to me, (performance, service and price) I simply see no reason to buy hitec servos ever again.
What he said.....Customer support means alot.. I have had great success with JR 8911HV's
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by off2fly View Post
What he said.....Customer support means alot.. I have had great success with JR 8911HV's

Same here. I have about 130 flights on mine. The gear train is not at tight as when brand new. Seemed to loosen up with the first few flights but seem to be about the same and have not changed much. No more gear lash than Futaba and Savox gear trains that i have felt.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Team Futaba
United States, AR, Paragould
Joined May 2010
2,512 Posts
I got three font have any jittering problems but have seen some centering problems in a buddies plane seem like every flight the elevators loose there trim and need re trimes
bbrown2828 is offline Find More Posts by bbrown2828
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by Mrs R
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
LACK OF INTEREST BY OWNERS TO FIX THEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown2828 View Post
I got three font have any jittering problems but have seen some centering problems in a buddies plane seem like every flight the elevators loose there trim and need re trimes
If he is losing trim then more than likely he needs a new pot fitted.

We have done a lot of work on solving the jitter issues and other problems there will be an updated servo soon i think I don't know what HITEC is going to do . I don't know what HITECRCD is going to do about all those servos out there either.

I didn't post the repairs that could be done by the owner due to lack of desire by owners to fix them.
If you read the ending posts you will see that every one was going to Savox .I personally like HITEC servos especially the programmable center and end points.

All THE BEST
Rachael
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post

We have done a lot of work on solving the jitter issues and other problems there will be an updated servo soon i think I don't know what HITEC is going to do . I don't know what HITECRCD is going to do about all those servos out there either.

I didn't post the repairs that could be done by the owner due to lack of desire by owners to fix them.
If you read the ending posts you will see that every one was going to Savox .I personally like HITEC servos especially the programmable center and end points.

All THE BEST
Rachael
Rachael:
I have followed this thread from the beginning. Your statement above baffles me. If someone were to read your past posts, they would clearly discover that you did not post the entire fix because you were trying to recoupe your monetary efforts from Hitec/HitecRCD. Your current statement is not a fair one on many levels. If I buy a 65" LCD TV and it fails to work as advertised, I can either chock up the cost to lesson's learned and move on, or I can take on the manufacturer and demand they fix my issue. The problem is convoluted when it involves a company outside of the USA because they do not have to play by the same rules without an actual trade agreement. Fat chance getting them to pay for or fix the situation even with a trade agreement on your side. Who is going to travel outside the USA to take on Hitec for a crappy servo? The costs would be daunting.

Now, how many people would opt to fix their own TV just because a well meaning person proposes the perfect fix? Do you know how many people do not even know how to use simple hand tools, even in this hobby? You would be amazed...

So, you owe it to all those who do not wish to go back and read through hundreds of posts in this thread to set the record straight. You did not post the entire fix because you wanted Hitec to cut a deal with you, and not just use your fix to repair all of the errant servos without compensating you in the process. I agree your fix is the correct way to get the servos up and operational BUT I still would not fix my own TV with your instructions...

Another part of the problem is that your list of discrete components were not all available here in the USA, so we were still stuck, trying to cross reference the components listed to those that were actually available. In other words, find an alternative component to the ones listed. Most folks were not successful in that endeavor. Capacitors were one of the components not available, along with the correct rated pot (that I remember).

Another point of confusion that held up the "fix" process was when you disappeared from the thread for significant chunks of time. We later found out (with the help of Denise posting under your name and also under her own account...very confusing at the time) that you were battling a serious illness. The "fix" was put on-hold (and rightfully so) until you recovered completely. Is any of the aforementioned begining to sound familar????

Now, I am aware that you were willing to give the the entire long term fix to those that would send you a PM, etc...I have no way of knowing if anyone took you up on your gracious offer.

Respectfully,
Smacka
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Last edited by Smacka; 01-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post

All THE BEST
Rachael
Rachael you want programming? futaba s9075sb 30.5kg 0.14sec@6v for the same price as the 7950 it's fully programable and can be used with any radio not just sbus. they are 6v thiugh not 7.4 and are also only $10 more than the 7955.
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Find More Posts by huvaljohn
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Jun 2010
967 Posts
Is this a common problem people are experiencing with the 7950? Brand new out the box today
huvaljohn is offline Find More Posts by huvaljohn
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Yup, just wait until you get it hooked up. Then it will start shaking and will not stop.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08

Quick Reply