logo
This thread is privately moderated by Nitrohuffer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by staggerbee
Joined Jan 2006
33 Posts
Re: Is there a Doctor in the house? I need a translation

I had the same results a few years ago. Depending on how bad it is it can be corrected with medication and rehab.... And no not the kind Britney is in.....
staggerbee is offline Find More Posts by staggerbee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by karlwatt
Boise, ID
Joined Jan 2006
368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerbee View Post
I had the same results a few years ago. Depending on how bad it is it can be corrected with medication and rehab.... And no not the kind Britney is in.....
That is correct, it can heal with medication and rehab.
karlwatt is offline Find More Posts by karlwatt
Old 03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by madmax
The Michael Jordan of RC
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Jan 2006
22,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docvan46 View Post
Hey Guys:
I'm a psychologist (Ph.D.)
Doc, you must have a BLAST on the internet forums!! Wasn't aware of that, VERY cool to have members like yourself and Dr. Watt be a part of our community! We might need to start an "Ask The RC Doc" thread at some point - it could be kinda like a Dr. Laura show for RC pilots. Trust me, some of us need it... Stay tuned

Sorry to hijack, hope you get fixed up right quick BoyKeith.
madmax is offline Find More Posts by madmax
Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by Toro
Joined Jan 2006
2,431 Posts

I am a victim of back injury, I had surgical repair, and am doing fine... back to running 5k and 10k regularly. I do lots and lots of back stretches, and have again really started hitting the crunches, and back extensions. If I keep it up I can have an AB like max's some day. I was a lucky one, I know Im going to get arthritis one day, and perhaps even injure it again. But, Im doing everything in my power not t o inujur it as my back is my job. I just got back from the gym, and I will go again tonight. The biggest thing with backs is being compliant with the Docs reccomendations and PT. It changed my lifestyle fo sho'

I injured my back @ work @ 27 years old. Had surgery @ 27 and have been excellent ever since surg
Toro is offline Find More Posts by Toro
Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by ShortBus
Workin' the pole
Hopewell Jct, NY
Joined Jan 2006
4,483 Posts

Keith, Go to my dad
ShortBus is offline Find More Posts by ShortBus
Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Twizlair
Abq. NM
Joined Oct 2006
757 Posts

Yeah hey Doc. why do I pee down my leg when i do a humpty from the top with a negative snap at the bottom? That's not the worst part when i land after the flight most guys will not talk to me for a week. Should i change my soiled clothes or just continue to burn gas.
Just Kidding Doc it great to have you here I understand some med speak due to my profession but having the real deal chime in to calm the fear is very cool of you!
Jeramy
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Doc, you must have a BLAST on the internet forums!! Wasn't aware of that, VERY cool to have members like yourself and Dr. Watt be a part of our community! We might need to start an "Ask The RC Doc" thread at some point - it could be kinda like a Dr. Laura show for RC pilots. Trust me, some of us need it... Stay tuned

Sorry to hijack, hope you get fixed up right quick BoyKeith.
Twizlair is offline Find More Posts by Twizlair
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Joined Jan 2006
960 Posts

thanks for all the great info guys. Gotta love this site! I feel much better at least knowing what the heck is going on. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, hopefully I get some good drugs to help with the pain. I wonder if I can get them to prescribe flying as type of physical therapy. "Honey, I would love to do the dishes for you, but doc says I have to do my therapy. You do want me to get better right?"
Nitrohuffer is offline Find More Posts by Nitrohuffer
Old 03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Hoss
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jun 2006
115 Posts

Nitro,

I have the same problem and I'm 36 and have had it since I was about 19. I have done everything pretty much like Toro, until about 2 years ago and it got really bad and thought I was going to have the surgery, however my Doc wanted me to try a pain clinic first and went in and they shot my disc full of stuff(anit-inflam steriod stuff). Generally they will only give 3 shots but they ended up trying 4 shots and I must say it really worked. Just stating this so you know there are other options.
Hoss is offline Find More Posts by Hoss

Quick Reply