logo
Old 06-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by 3daviator
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Jan 2006
1,373 Posts
The solution is simple. An onboard monitoring system. Go above preset level (supplied by Triple Tree Staff, plugs into open port) and Bam, your engine goes to idle until cycling the system.

And I completely disagree about it only being a problem if it's all day everyday. Think of something that annoys you and think about how long before you start to get pissed.
Think car driving past your house with the bass shaking the glass but circles the neighborhood all day or neighbors dog incessantly barking to name a few.
3daviator is offline Find More Posts by 3daviator
Last edited by 3daviator; 06-18-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Smiley inserted so it's not taken the wrong way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
I thought full throttle was for up lines.
Personally I fly at aprox 1/3 throttle and manage my energy.

RutnBuc

P.S. 3 blade props and cans.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by bob w
Memphis Tn
Joined Apr 2007
697 Posts
I like prop ripping ! It drowns out the whiners
bob w is offline Find More Posts by bob w
Old 06-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by David G
SMFC / Team Low Life
United States, NC, Cramerton
Joined Apr 2010
117 Posts
Of the 1711 registered pilots there are probably 1700 that really have no issue with this quiet rule. As for me it's not a problem on my planes (even without adding any expensive mods) and I can't wait for another great trip to JN in 2016.
David G is offline Find More Posts by David G
Old 06-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by bluelevel
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined May 2008
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David G View Post
Of the 1711 registered pilots there are probably 1700 that really have no issue with this quiet rule. As for me it's not a problem on my planes (even without adding any expensive mods) and I can't wait for another great trip to JN in 2016.
Of the 1711 registered pilots there were probably only 11 pilots who used canisters or tuned pipes, everybody else used mufflers.

Thomas
bluelevel is offline Find More Posts by bluelevel
Old 06-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by AZ3D-R
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Oct 2009
2 Posts
I moved to Germany a couple years ago and they are serious about noise regulation. Unfortunately that means most guys who fly here went electric, however I still like my gassers so in order to keep flying, I had to comply with their airplane certification. Basically I place my plane on a stand while they take sound measurements from 75 feet away, one at 45 degree toward the nose, one at 90 degrees, and the last at 45 degrees toward the tail. They average the three and it cannot be more than 80db. That can be tough to achieve so the result is they are experts quieting their planes down. They first recommended a good quality cannister, not a cheap DLE with thin metal resulting in a tinny sound. I like K&S mufflers, especially since I have met the owner and he will make anything you want. I live two hours from him so I can get them cheaper if anyone needs one. I also use the proflow from Dave at plane bender. It's quiet but not as quiet as the K&S. But... I found most of the issue is with the prop. I cannot run anything wood and especially not my xoars. I had Mejzlik for a while but honestly there are much better props out there. I use a carbon fiber prop made by Engel called super silence. They make 3D props too. I recommend staying with a two blade for 3D, the 3 blade is quiet but not my favorite for throttle response. Another company is Air Plains (I bought mine from DA) and another one is PT-Model from the Czech Republic. Of course Falcon and Biela are good options. Point is, you don't need to go overboard like I have to here, just invest in some decent canisters and a decent prop (no CF knock offs) and you should be fine. If the prop is still ripping, you can go bigger. It's good you are talking about it before too much regulation becomes necessary. That gets expensive, trust me.
AZ3D-R is offline Find More Posts by AZ3D-R
Old 06-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
Less expensive option: stay at my own field, fly in less crowded skies, while chuckling as I wonder if even a *single* neighbor complained. (Remember, they said this was a pre-emptive move, i.e., there isn't a signle complaint other than the 11 people who find prop rip annoying). If there had been actual complaints, we'd have heard it by now.

Anyway, way too much drama for me to even want to go to this event. Something else will replace it.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old 06-27-2015, 01:00 AM
Find More Posts by FX777
Having fun!!
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jan 2009
1,506 Posts
The best neighborhoods are made up of folks who care about each others well being. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a hurricane or some other calamity to bring people together. Joe Nall is one of those rare events that brings good people together under the best of circumstances. It deserves our support, as most here understand.
FX777 is offline Find More Posts by FX777
Old 06-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by BR289
Pro Pit Biotch
United States, PA, Whitehall
Joined Jan 2006
4,073 Posts
Very reasonable request!
BR289 is offline Find More Posts by BR289
Old 06-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old 06-29-2015, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyertim
Bridgewater, VA
Joined May 2006
350 Posts
Already put in my vacation time for next year. Can't wait for JN 2016
rcflyertim is offline Find More Posts by rcflyertim
Old 07-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by Floridarc
Joined Oct 2012
581 Posts
I don't know if anyone makes these for Rc but a very simple and possible solution is the Q-tip propeller.(a propeller with winglets)
Floridarc is offline Find More Posts by Floridarc

Quick Reply