Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Vendors > Aeroworks
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
flatspin_king
Flyin' Around

Default Crashed extra 260 35%

I picked up a a crashed AW extra 260 with the landing gear knocked out and damage to the landing gear mounting area. I do not have the original pieces and was wondering if anyone could help me out by posting some close up shots of exactly how the landing gear mount is designed, how it fits into the motor box, formers etc. Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3909 Extra 260.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	460553 61.5 KB · Views: 96

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3910 Extra 260.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	460554 57.2 KB · Views: 103

flatspin_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!

I'm at work right now...but do a search on the AW260 and my name and I'm sure I posted some pictures of repairs I've done on a few of these planes I've owned. It's pretty simple to rebuild the area. The hard part was making the cover for the gear fit

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
flatspin_king
Flyin' Around

Thanks. Checked out you repairs - all done really well, I might add. I could design my own gear plate and mounting etc. but I wanted to replicate the AW structure, as closely as possible. From the notches in firewall and whats left of the former I have a basic idea of how it went together. The thing I am not sure about is -does the gear plate extend all the way to the firewall (with lightening holes in it of course)?
flatspin_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!

I think so. Not 100% sure what you are asking though. Remember to not over re-enforce the gear plate. one it adds weight and two if the gear don't rip out other things get damage. AW design is pretty good, just not for offroading.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote