logo
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Spool View Post

If you're referring to the rod being grinded off in the pics that is because the factory who makes the rods stamp JX instead of JC on the rods, or at least that is what I am told. I do not if they are the same as other manufactures but according to Kevin they are "his design".

Thanks
Here's a couple pictures of the JC60 that Kevin sent to me for evaluation, right after it ate its cylinder lining within the first 20 minutes of just off idle running with a 32:1 fuel/oil mix. I strongly advise you to question most of what Kevin tells you. I'm sure you'll find this out for yourself in time. Maybe the new cylinder is better, time will tell.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Find More Posts by michael***
Joined Jan 2009
72 Posts
here in spain all engines of the first batch where to be returned to the distributer (Axarmodel) since in some engines the zylinder plating failed... All engines where exchanged for a newer version. Have not heared much about this engine overhere anyway...
michael*** is offline Find More Posts by michael***
Old 01-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
Sounds like nothing has changed in the world of JC engines. Release of a first cruddy batch of "new" product, replace a few bits when the failures get discovered by the customers. Make a few claims about how great the "New" things are through some inexperienced dealers, then make a strange claim about an item that has been shown before (The DL on the conrod has been shown before).

I bet he says things on his conversations with his dealers like

"Better than DL"
Must send money now because Christmas order is soon (This would have been in November).
Must send money now because factory close soon for Spring Festival
Please send money now.
Can only send incomplete order because my supplier let me down and didn't supply some items (Often Exhausts get blamed, but not always)

I also see the REV Engines are advertising again, I guess the owner of JC is going to be making a great New Year celebration with all your money. But will he be reappearing for you immediately after Chinese new Year? That is when he seems to do his usual disappearing act.

Good luck guys. I hope it all works out for you. He'll never get any more of my money. Don't feel too bad, he is only one of the many suppliers form "his part of the world" that play these games.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by FGMember
GTA, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
623 Posts
sorry guys, something i am missing here! may be a stupid question but what is wrong with using dle-55 parts?! customers are always guinea pigs! what you are expecting? believe it or not, i spent more than $600 and lost a plane on a "first batch" of dle-30 two years ago! but now dle is the most loving engine in market!!! interesting
FGMember is offline Find More Posts by FGMember
Old 01-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by rick dazzler
www.taildraggerrc.com
park city, ky
Joined Jan 2006
5,275 Posts
Keep in mind the picture above is the OLD CYLINDER.. For reference to the NEW cylinder look a page back or so, no DLE parts. Different cylinder..
rick dazzler is offline Find More Posts by rick dazzler
Old 01-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
Here's a couple pictures of the JC60 that Kevin sent to me for evaluation, right after it ate its cylinder lining within the first 20 minutes of just off idle running with a 32:1 fuel/oil mix. I strongly advise you to question most of what Kevin tells you. I'm sure you'll find this out for yourself in time. Maybe the new cylinder is better, time will tell.
Read my post, I said he claims they are his design, there is no factual claim on my end. If you only new half your whole demeanor would change towards me.I can post pics of 2 different companies with same rods also but its pointless as you already know this. I am not defending Kevin as that is radioactive and I can find alot better use for my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGMember View Post
sorry guys, something i am missing here! may be a stupid question but what is wrong with using dle-55 parts?! customers are always guinea pigs! what you are expecting? believe it or not, i spent more than $600 and lost a plane on a "first batch" of dle-30 two years ago! but now dle is the most loving engine in market!!! interesting
There is nothing wrong with DLE parts, the problem is how you go about using them or keeping dealers in the dark. I do think the new JCevo line are nice motors and make great power in mid range, they aren't super screamer motors however have alot of grunt compared to motors in same class.
I will continue to fly JC motors as I have had no issues with them thus far and I believe many others have enjoyed them too.

I can not speak for first batch of JCengines as I never received any so wish I could comment further, anything else you guys need to know just ask and I will tell you everything that I know.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Last edited by Vital-Rc; 01-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
My point is that Kevin LIED! Why do dealers see this and it not raise a red flag. He WILL do it again, and again, and again. That's just the beginning, it goes down hill from there. It's not a matter of "if", but "when" will Kevin get enough of money to disappear again leaving dealers and their customers in amazement. He'll return a while later with a new line up nothing like what he's offering now. Rinse and repeat, time and again.

I couldn't care less who is selling JC, if those that know his history want to play Russian roulette with their money that's their business. There are many potential end users that do not know this history and dealers aren't putting that disclaimer out there for them to use in making an informed decision whether to purchase one or not.

It has nothing to do with any one dealer in particular, I don't care who sold them I would still enlighten the end user of what to expect down the road with JC. Every dealer says they'll support all their customers to the bitter end, but having been one I know how hard that can be when the factory doesn't help. It can only be done for so long, then it's over, leaving lots of customers out in the cold. Mark my words, current dealers and their customers will be no different than those that Kevin has screwed before.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Last edited by Jedijody; 01-03-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Free Agent
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
Every dealer says they'll support all their customers to the bitter end but having been one I know how hard that can be when the factory doesn't help. It can only be done for so long, then it's over, leaving lots of customers out in the cold.
So much irony in that post, I will leave it at that.

Anyways, the jc120 went up again yesterday and is flying better then ever. I need to get the 1/4 scale cub back up and take some on board videos, if we get a decent break in the weather look forward to them soon!. Happy new year guys!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Hmm,
interesting posts the last couple of days. Drama!

Anyways, I finally got around to getting some longer bolts and mounting up my JC Evo 120
Here are some pics. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I should have it fired up for the first time.

The bolt pattern is the same as the 3w-106, the DLE-111, etc
Lined up perfectly.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
By the way, who is Kevin? The Chinese Rep for the manufacturer, or some bloke who is the primary importer of the JC line?

Also, IMATROLL referenced the REV line of engines. I think he was referencing the engines produce for PA?
Are these suppose to be the same engines, or at least from the same manufacturing line?

And as far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less if the JC EVO's used DLE sourced parts, as long as the critical parts are not "OLDER" DLE, such as the bearings.

I've got a first Generation DLE-111 that decided to get real sloppy, so I've torn it down myself and am awaiting the new crankcase/crank "latest revision" assembly to come back into stock at Tower.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 01-02-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Free Agent
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Kevin company is JC engines, he isn't known for being the best guy to deal with it in the RC industry; that is why their is so much hate and trolls.

The JC120 looks great mounted up! Thanks for posting pics.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by hollywoodjax
tryin to huck!!
Joined Jan 2008
1,139 Posts
I don't think it is really hating or trolling. How about being a customer and having an engine that has blown up take around 5 months or more to get fixed because the manufacture won't supply the parts to his distributor? The. I had Kevin owner of jc engines come on the forum and tell me he would send me the parts direct. Then he ignored all of my emails for parts. After all I did purchase 3 102cc twins and 2 51cc singles from his only distributor at the time. Well Milton stood behind everything as much as he could. So after all that he(Kevin) has done to screw people over, it does make it hard to ever wanna purchase anything made by JC ENGINES. I feel bad for Milton because he was made out to be the bad guy not Kevin the owner of JC ENGINES. Wish my house never got broken into last Thursday( my laptop was taken along with a hella of lotta other stuff) because I still have the emails Kevin sent me bashing Milton and trying to make himself look good. Sorry I am not trying to kill someone business here but I feel something's should be told. Yes they may be good engines now, but it would almost have to be free for me to even try one. Just my side of a story first hand by a customer.
hollywoodjax is offline Find More Posts by hollywoodjax
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Free Agent
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjax View Post
I don't think it is really hating or trolling. How about being a customer and having an engine that has blown up take around 5 months or more to get fixed because the manufacture won't supply the parts to his distributor? The. I had Kevin owner of jc engines come on the forum and tell me he would send me the parts direct. Then he ignored all of my emails for parts. After all I did purchase 3 102cc twins and 2 51cc singles from his only distributor at the time. Well Milton stood behind everything as much as he could. So after all that he(Kevin) has done to screw people over, it does make it hard to ever wanna purchase anything made by JC ENGINES. I feel bad for Milton because he was made out to be the bad guy not Kevin the owner of JC ENGINES. Wish my house never got broken into last Thursday( my laptop was taken along with a hella of lotta other stuff) because I still have the emails Kevin sent me bashing Milton and trying to make himself look good. Sorry I am not trying to kill someone business here but I feel something's should be told. Yes they may be good engines now, but it would almost have to be free for me to even try one. Just my side of a story first hand by a customer.
I am sorry to hear about your situation and also very sorry to hear about your house getting broke into. Don't worry you're not killing business as this isn't an advertisement thread. I enjoy flying jc motors and so do other people, it's just a shame of kevins rap sheet as the new motors have great potential. I am not forcing JC engines or taking up for kevin or any of his past, its not my job nor do I have time to keep up with the drama. There are many options out there for china town motors, I just happen to pick JC because I like how they perform in my air planes compared to other Chinese motors.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
The 120 looks good.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Last edited by JoeAirPort; 01-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Free Agent
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Warning someone is fine, I am not saying that is being a troll, please understand. However posting useless jargon that has no benefit to the thread is a waste of bandwidth via a troll. I can not speak for old Jc engines, I've never had one and wish I could comment further. I will not defend Kevin or his business practices as they are out of my hands, however I think the evo motors are a great motor for the price. That is the great thing about a competitive market is that you have many options. I am glad you like DLE, they are good motors and I have own them myself in the past.
Last edited by Vital-Rc; 01-09-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply