logo
Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by dbcaster
Petaluma, CA
Joined Dec 2006
822 Posts
Re: The Future of BME Engines

Even though BME has had a bad rap lately. I strongly believe if you can get the issues worked out of the 115 and provide good customer service you will have it turned around quickly. The 115 if running as well as the other great running 100's minus the weight is a great product.
dbcaster is offline Find More Posts by dbcaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

Congratulations on your acquisition and your forward thinking outlook. I'm sure that everyone out there curently flying with a BME have just experienced a giant sigh of relief, and those that had been considering a BME engine now have a source for purchase and support.

BTW, that 3 needle carb that Keith came up with is a total fix for the 115 induction issues. I've seen the running difference between the reed mods and carb drilling against the 3 needle carb. The 3 needle carb turns the engine into a power house with smooth rpm at all speeds and attitudes. So if you guys are going to be making it I definately want one for my 115!! I absolutely don't need to be pulling an engine, carb, or reed block and sending them out to somewhere.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Find More Posts by Andy Thomas
OK 1 Roll, No I Mean 2 Point
Farmington, MN
Joined Jan 2006
1,161 Posts

Good Luck Andy, see you at the nats!!
Andy Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Andy Thomas
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by madmax
The Michael Jordan of RC
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Jan 2006
22,516 Posts

Simply awesome news Andy, thanks for letting us know what's up, and best of luck with your business. You have our community's support!

best-- MD
madmax is offline Find More Posts by madmax
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Find More Posts by rcign
Williams, Az USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,439 Posts

Congrats guys....Ask Keith if he ever got his 80" 115 powered Cosmic Wind finished..He said the 115 likes high rpm, the Cosmic Wind should be good for about 200 mph with the right prop....
rcign is offline Find More Posts by rcign
Old 02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnJockey View Post
Does this mean that Kris W is now going out of Business? Just kidding Kris.

LJ
Good one LJ. And congratulatiosn to Andy and Tom. I hope they make a real go of it and things take off well for them. The 115 is a great engine, as I can attest to since I have 3 of them now. It does have it's weak spots, which I hope they can get worked out and resolved as well.

As for me, I'm hardly out of business. You'll be seeing some things come out soon that will make a lot of people go. . hmmmmmmmm

The goodnews is, I have a REAL job, so I don't have to make big money in RC to survive. . the bad news is. . I have 3 engines designed that are going to scare people already established in the business.

But, hey, enough about me. I am just so RELIEVED that the entire BME debacle has been resolved, and is now going to get cleared up. Hopefully, with good management and attention to their customers, the NEW BME will be what it always should have been. I'm actually smiling about it, it makes me so happy.

You see. . now I can support the product again, without having to make excuses for the company.

NOW. . here's the BIG question. . WHO do people contact in order to get Keith in gear and get their engines BACK to them. I have PM's from at least a dozen people who have had engines at BME for repair for MONTHS, with no word, no response, and no idea what is going to happen to their engines. It would be nice if people had someone they could contact NOW, to get some reassurance on their stuff, and possibly get Keith to move at a faster pace.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Last edited by KrisW; 02-18-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by ddlstang
Broken Arrow Ok
Joined Jan 2006
897 Posts

I know Andy and Tom both have VERY high aspirations for this company and already have a lot invested into it so this is a very good thing....

The new engines in development will be awesome !!! you will definitely want to stay apprised of this.
ddlstang is offline Find More Posts by ddlstang
Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by bcchi
Riverton Wy 82501
Joined Mar 2007
942 Posts

Good Luck to you guys and the new BME company.
I hope Keith is well.
Let me no if we can help you.BCCHI.
Bill Carpenter AMA 2500
bcchi is offline Find More Posts by bcchi
Old 02-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by rvpc2003
russellville,ar,usa
Joined Jan 2007
20 Posts

congrats andy and tom,i know you guys will be a great success,i have known andy for some time now & have traded and bought numerous items from him,andy has always gone the extra mile for me and i look forward to dealing with him again at the new bme engines,good luck guys,steve k
rvpc2003 is offline Find More Posts by rvpc2003
Old 02-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by ConRadical
Clean
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Jan 2006
4,864 Posts

good luck!
ConRadical is offline Find More Posts by ConRadical
Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
www.rcdude.com
St helens OR
Joined May 2006
2,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcchi View Post
Good Luck to you guys and the new BME company.
I hope Keith is well.
Let me no if we can help you.BCCHI.
Bill Carpenter AMA 2500

OH YES!! If we can get the problems fixed on the 115 ( which i think Andy and Tom already have) AND starp some CH Ignitions on these suckers.....oooolala , that would be awesome! Speaking of which Bill....i will be getting a new 3W 106 here real quick which i want to send to you to get your ignition put on.
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

I believe that if everyone will be patient for another week they'll have all their questions answered. From what I understand Keith will be taking care of old business regarding what is currently in his hands. There will be some deposit refunds as well. From where is always a question but they will happen either way. For the moment I wouldn't be sending any engines or parts out to anybody just yet. Let the new guys get the parts and set up shop first.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Extra Extras, I'm all about it
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts

Extra nuts is offline Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Last edited by Extra nuts; 02-19-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra nuts View Post
As for me, I'm hardly out of business. You'll be seeing some things come out soon that will make a lot of people go. . hmmmmmmmm

The goodnews is, I have a REAL job, so I don't have to make big money in RC to survive.:25: . the bad news is. . I have 3 engines designed that are going to scare people already established in the business.:9:
If so, I would start a new thread and see if people are interested.
RTK is offline Find More Posts by RTK
Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
If so, I would start a new thread and see if people are interested.
I already have a thread Ralf . .but someone asked a question.

To reiterate what has already been said. Everyone needs to be PATIENT. . relax, chill, contact Andy or Tom if you have an outstanding issue with Keith (such as a deposit, down payment, or engine in his custody) and let THEM handle it.

I am very sure that these two gentleman have every intention of setting things right if there are any questions or problems. It may take some time to get that done. It will probably take a bit of time to get up and running as a business, as well. Until things get settled down on the transfer of the business, assets, copy and licensing rights and such things, the only thing people are doing is conjecturing about what is going on.

As for my own "business" prospects concerning what I am currently doing with the BME-115's, and modifications, I have already made it clear to Andy that when they get up and running they will find that I have quietly stepped out of their way. I am in the process of referring all people with issues to Andy, since it is now his baby. I have, in fact, asked HIM what I could do to help THEM. I have no interest in taking any credit or competing with them concerning the BME product line. I am also just a phone call away if they need any advice or support concerning what they are getting into. But, let's all remember, it is still THEIR business. I'm just a very interested, and concerned, bystander. As I've always said in the past. . I totally support the product. With Andy and Tom's attention to it, I am hopeful that it will become a strong force in the RC market place. We need something like this right now. . kind of a shot in the arm. . just when the Chinese invasion is starting to reach an annoying level.

And as for myself personally, welll. .. I have things to get done. I'm not letting any of this last 4 months of experience go to waste as I progress furhter into this hobby.

So, Ralf. .chill dude. No one is stealing the limelight from the New Owners of BME Engines.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW

Quick Reply