logo
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!
the STICKS and yes, california has sticks, CA.
Joined May 2009
1,688 Posts
Any Pictures??? Who won Each class???
jm_mac is offline Find More Posts by jm_mac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by torquen
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,650 Posts
Ya we will have pictures up in the next couple of days. I have to round them up from the guys in the club that were taking them.

Garrett
torquen is offline Find More Posts by torquen
Old 06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by Swatin Flys
Chief Aircraft R/C Sales Tech.
Medford Or.
Joined Nov 2010
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLBMXER View Post
Awesome job Rob and Garret. This contest was one that I will tell everyone not to miss next year. The trophys and T-shirts were awesome too. WORD to the dudes from Oregon! You guys were fun to hang with... I dont care what everyone else said about you, you guys are allright
Timmy Huua... Thanks man, we had a blast. Keep practicing those 0 of 8's and you'll be moving up in no time!!!!!
Swatin Flys is offline Find More Posts by Swatin Flys
Old 06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by Swatin Flys
Chief Aircraft R/C Sales Tech.
Medford Or.
Joined Nov 2010
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm_mac View Post
Any Pictures??? Who won Each class???
Yo Momma took first in one of them!!
Swatin Flys is offline Find More Posts by Swatin Flys
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!
the STICKS and yes, california has sticks, CA.
Joined May 2009
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatin Flys View Post
Yo Momma took first in one of them!!
BOY!!! I will smack da piss out of you!!!! Bloody Hell!!! (Moms English)

Thats what mom said.
jm_mac is offline Find More Posts by jm_mac
Old 06-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by MTOBIN
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Jul 2008
191 Posts
Heres a couple i took. Sorry i didnt take more.
MTOBIN is offline Find More Posts by MTOBIN
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,650 Posts
So now that I have had a day to recover here are some pictures. The "West Coast Aerobatic Challenge" was not only our clubs first event but was also the first event I have ever been involved with. I had no idea how much work it took to make something like this happen. But after standing back a few time during the day and just looking down the flight line all I saw was smiles on everyones face.

We went all out on custom made Trophies done in house as well as West Coast Aerobatic Challenge shirts. The weather was making me nervous as I was camping at the field starting Wed. There was a storm front passing by and the winds were in the 30 mph for three days straight. We woke up to a light breeze on Sat morning and the competition was on. The winds were a little more than I wanted but we made it happen and the flying was awesome! The parking lot started filling up with trailers and we had a total of 26 registered pilots.

I cant thank everyone enough for coming to the event. The club had the rope ready to hang me if this did not turn out. In the end I think everything turned out just right. The Tokay Radio Control Modelers were well represented and just about every club member had a job. I turned around a few times to look down the flight line and it looked like a army of ants going to work. They treated everyone awesome with zero attitude and made sure everyone was happy.

We had an amazing raffle with close to 1,000 dollars in prizes. I think just about everyone at the event ended up with something. I would really like to thank the following companies for taking the time and money to support this event.

Frank Tiano "ZAP" glue
Azar "Aztec Aeromodels"
Kurt and Mike "Fromeco"
Viki "Lite Pilots RC"
Graphtec RC
Julie "Falcon Propellers"
Smart Fly

The freestyle event was throw down style and the 5 guys let it all hang out. Great flying to the music and the public was clapping the entire time.

So one last time I want to thank everyone that came to the event. I think this will be an annual event that will keep growing. We drew in folks from Oregon and Arizona! I hope everyone was pleased and if you have any suggestions please send me a PM on what we can do to make it better for next year. Enjoy the photos.

Garrett Morrison
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,650 Posts
And here is a link to the scores before they are posted on the IMAC site.

http://www.tokayrcmodelers.com/image...MAC_Result.pdf
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by Dan B
Los Altos, CA
Joined Jun 2006
159 Posts
Garrett ,

Really a great event!
You, Rob and the Tokay club members did an outstanding job. Of all the contests we go to, I don't think I've ever seen so many club members participating at an event.
Looking forward to the 2nd Annual next year!
Dan
Dan B is offline Find More Posts by Dan B
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by Badams
Work 2 days, Fly 5 days.
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2006
1,385 Posts
Rob and Garrett. Sounds like you guys put on a great contest. Sorry i couldn'tt make it this year. I will do my best for next year. My wife has family in Vacaville so may not be to hard of a sell. Great Job Guys. (and how about that Spurlock guy winning Intermediate... what a sandbagger)
Bill Adams
Badams is offline Find More Posts by Badams
Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by Ground Pounder
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined Aug 2007
378 Posts
Agreed. A great job by Garrett, Rob and the club members.

It's on my "must do" list for next year.
Ground Pounder is offline Find More Posts by Ground Pounder
Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by RCscudder
Team Chimosabe
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Thank you very much Rob, Garret, and the Tokay Radio Control Modelers club for putting on such a great event! I had a blast and I am looking forward to next years event!!!!

Matt Morell
RCscudder is offline Find More Posts by RCscudder
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by Aerobatix
United States, CA, Shingle Springs
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
What he said!

I would also like to thank all the pilots and club members for supporting this new event in the NorCal area. We are already making plans for next year so please PM Garrett or I with any suggestions on things we can do to make it better next time.

I really love this hobby and all the great people I've met and become friends with as a result of RC and especially IMAC. It was nice to have so many people camping at the field and arriving a few days early to practice fly and just hang out with in the evenings.

Hope to see you at the "West Coast Aerobatic Challenge" next year!!

Thanks,

Rob Sarlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
So now that I have had a day to recover here are some pictures. The "West Coast Aerobatic Challenge" was not only our clubs first event but was also the first event I have ever been involved with. I had no idea how much work it took to make something like this happen. But after standing back a few time during the day and just looking down the flight line all I saw was smiles on everyones face.

We went all out on custom made Trophies done in house as well as West Coast Aerobatic Challenge shirts. The weather was making me nervous as I was camping at the field starting Wed. There was a storm front passing by and the winds were in the 30 mph for three days straight. We woke up to a light breeze on Sat morning and the competition was on. The winds were a little more than I wanted but we made it happen and the flying was awesome! The parking lot started filling up with trailers and we had a total of 26 registered pilots.

I cant thank everyone enough for coming to the event. The club had the rope ready to hang me if this did not turn out. In the end I think everything turned out just right. The Tokay Radio Control Modelers were well represented and just about every club member had a job. I turned around a few times to look down the flight line and it looked like a army of ants going to work. They treated everyone awesome with zero attitude and made sure everyone was happy.

We had an amazing raffle with close to 1,000 dollars in prizes. I think just about everyone at the event ended up with something. I would really like to thank the following companies for taking the time and money to support this event.

Frank Tiano "ZAP" glue
Azar "Aztec Aeromodels"
Kurt and Mike "Fromeco"
Viki "Lite Pilots RC"
Graphtec RC
Julie "Falcon Propellers"
Smart Fly

The freestyle event was throw down style and the 5 guys let it all hang out. Great flying to the music and the public was clapping the entire time.

So one last time I want to thank everyone that came to the event. I think this will be an annual event that will keep growing. We drew in folks from Oregon and Arizona! I hope everyone was pleased and if you have any suggestions please send me a PM on what we can do to make it better for next year. Enjoy the photos.

Garrett Morrison
Aerobatix is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatix
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm_mac View Post
BOY!!! I will smack da piss out of you!!!! Bloody Hell!!! (Moms English)

Thats what mom said.

Steve's mad ....
He usually comes in First .........
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks

Quick Reply