logo
Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by xtraflyr
United States, NJ, Chester Township
Joined Jan 2006
1,559 Posts
Re: HOW GOOD IS THE E-FLITE F-16???????

Well I'm going to do the change. If the fan isn't the correct size I'll throw in the motor and see how it goes.. You can just tell in the sound,that the Phaze 3 is kicking some good rpms..

Thanks for the info,BodyWerks.
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by landon
Joined Jul 2008
106 Posts

Good pilot maidened one yesterday at our field. Flew well, but not very fast. Handed transmitter to owner(not so good pilot) and stalled it right into the ground. I just ordered the Albatross Jet from Tower last night. Supposed to be the fastest DF jet for the money. We will see.
landon is offline Find More Posts by landon
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,341 Posts

My buddy's phase 3 f-16 was doing about 80 yesterday. It's stock, but he did have a 15mph tailwind.
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by xtraflyr
United States, NJ, Chester Township
Joined Jan 2006
1,559 Posts

Well i changed over my fan and motor from my crashed Phase 3 F16 to my E-flight F16. Was a pretty easy switch over. I'll see if I can try it out during the week and let you know. The air it's pushing seems awesome..

Not to change the subject,but with the Phase 3 do you need to leave the extra thrust tube on it or can you cut it shorter so it doesn't stick out of the back of the fuse.? It looks like poop sticking out of the Jet.. Or Ill just do a search on it..Whatever...

Thanks...
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by tankertoad
Flyin' Around
Joined Jan 2008
7 Posts

Just bought it and pulled the EDF/motor. Sent it to Horizon and they sent the upgraded EFlite unit. You shouldn't have to spend the extra $80 and Horizon seems to agree. It's still a pig on 3s, but I have a 4s to try this weekend. From what I've heard, it should wake the plane up.
tankertoad is offline Find More Posts by tankertoad
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

I flew my Phase 3 this weekend lots of times. It was pretty fast on the 3S Extreme V2 batts. I added ailerons with small Cirrus servos in each wing (imbedded). The plane rolls very axial now and rolls alot faster. I tried to get it into a flat spin but the ailerons don't appear to be large enough or I need more throw. I was flying some formation, chasing, and opposing passes with Flyfalcon's F-5 pusher and I had more speed than him.

My next step is to look for some cheaper 25C/50C burst 3S batts than the TP. I also might add a rudder for some knife edge passes.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 07-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Flyer88
Calgary Alberta Canada
Joined Aug 2008
261 Posts

My buddy had a Phase 3 and was very upset when my Funjet smooooooked has a_s on 3s ....then 4s was crazy 130-140 mph.

Flyer88
Flyer88 is offline Find More Posts by Flyer88

Quick Reply