logo
Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
United States, GA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
I think the reason the business model is changing weekly is because the manufacture is changing there business model weekly.

When i said to JC that I would do there warranty work there was suppose to be some control over who sold them and controlling the price structure.

I did not agree to receive engines, have to mount and test run them and pay the shipping both directions as some are getting upset with me because I will not agree to that.

JC has shot himself it the foot with what he is doing, Right now he is selling them to new dealers faster than he produce them, He has even made the statement that he did not have time to do something that was asked because he was to busy manufacturing engines.

So what does the future hold for JC, A market flooded with his engines and the new dealers will start to sell the even cheaper to unload them, Close there doors and not order anymore because there is no profit to be made. Then JC will be trying to figure out what happened to his sells.

Probably a good deal for the buyers at some point.

Milton
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEXTREMEPOWER View Post
I think the reason the business model is changing weekly is because the manufacture is changing there business model weekly.

When i said to JC that I would do there warranty work there was suppose to be some control over who sold them and controlling the price structure.

I did not agree to receive engines, have to mount and test run them and pay the shipping both directions as some are getting upset with me because I will not agree to that.

JC has shot himself it the foot with what he is doing, Right now he is selling them to new dealers faster than he produce them, He has even made the statement that he did not have time to do something that was asked because he was to busy manufacturing engines.

So what does the future hold for JC, A market flooded with his engines and the new dealers will start to sell the even cheaper to unload them, Close there doors and not order anymore because there is no profit to be made. Then JC will be trying to figure out what happened to his sells.

Probably a good deal for the buyers at some point.

Milton
I understand and would not expect anyone to pay shipping both ways, mounting engines for test running and what not for free of charge.

It may or may not be a good deal, depending on parts availability. I'd rather spend a lil more and know I had support here in the US.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old 07-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
You are right about spending a few bucks more knowing you are going to get support and warranty work but does not hold true for a lot, Most are looking for the cheapest price on a product and then cry the blues when there is a problem.

How many post do you see about someone buying a cheap engine and then asking how to fix it. I am sure most that do it just trash them and say nothing.

I get a least two to three Email a week telling me what they are selling for on Ebay and if I will beat that price. LOL

Just not worth the trouble for no profit margin.

Milton
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
Anybody looking for a good deal on a JC 60cc here is a good one with three year warranty.

Cheaper than the DLA and a longer warranty.

http://www.vamodelbuilders.com/jc-ev...ft-engi60.html

Milton
Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Bowling Green, Ky
Joined Mar 2006
728 Posts
The crazy thing is they want you to be lower then e-bay. Not the same price. People ask why I can't match Tower discounts and eat the shipping, but they want help for free afterwards. Go figure.
As far as JC goes. When sales drop off all he will do is change the name and start over.
Milton your right is will be good for the consumer until there is no one to fix or get help from. Then they will have to ship it back to China and wait and wait. Same with parts. Dennis
DadsToysBG is offline Find More Posts by DadsToysBG
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
The thing about Tower (Great Planes)

I think they would be happy with no dealer network at all and sold everything direct.

When someone can join there club and buy products cheaper that a dealer can get them something is wrong.

Have also seen them run sells on products that are cheaper than dealer prices with free shipping, Go figure. ???

Milton
Old 07-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
What is it they say about history.....?

It's only a matter of time now, again Kevin will have enough US $ to slink away under his rock for a long rest. Parts will dry up, he won't answer his email. Then when his $ runs out, low and behold some poor gullible tool will fall prey to Kevin's promises of exclusivity, huge margins and of course, his legendary support. That's when the next, new JC Engines models will be released. Nope, nothing like their predicessors, the older models are discontinued. Around and around we go again.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 07-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post

It's only a matter of time now, again Kevin will have enough US $ to slink away under his rock for a long rest. Parts will dry up, he won't answer his email. Then when his $ runs out, low and behold some poor gullible tool will fall prey to Kevin's promises of exclusivity, huge margins and of course, his legendary support. That's when the next, new JC Engines models will be released. Nope, nothing like their predicessors, the older models are discontinued. Around and around we go again.
That is true for the most part however he has made great strides in the new line up and Milton has been able to get parts for years and so far I've had no issues. I personally fly the whole engine line up and love the engines. However business is business if he can't JC where I want it to be then what's the point? He has made it clear that he is to busy to fix some small annoying issues that my customers requested as he is in mass production. I don't think we will have a problem getting parts, you know as well as I do all these engines almost interchange. I want JC to be to best out of china however he has lost our direction there fore I have to rethink my investment. I know personally he monitors this thread,I await his email.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Spool View Post
That is true for the most part however he has made great strides in the new line up and Milton has been able to get parts for years and so far I've had no issues. I personally fly the whole engine line up and love the engines. However business is business if he can't JC where I want it to be then what's the point? He has made it clear that he is to busy to fix some small annoying issues that my customers requested as he is in mass production. I don't think we will have a problem getting parts, you know as well as I do all these engines almost interchange. I want JC to be to best out of china however he has lost our direction there fore I have to rethink my investment. I know personally he monitors this thread,I await his email.
I will be most interested to hear what he has to say. He had a good thing going, and could still, if it gets turned around now. at least IMO.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by bcchi
Riverton Wy 82501
Joined Mar 2007
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post

Same tune,second verse.
BCCHI
bcchi is offline Find More Posts by bcchi
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by S Mullis
Fly Low and Dirty
Monterey,Tennessee
Joined May 2007
406 Posts
Funboy, Thanks for the info.I was a little worried but you put my mind at ease. I bought my engine before Justin and Milton and this marketing feasco started and I can understand where they are coming from.When I bought my engine from kevin he told me the price to me was a one time deal and his prices would be going up.I did not know about Vital-rc or justin or milton at the time of my purchase or I would have bought my engine from them so I could have engine work done if necessary.I would gladly pay for shipping both ways to Milton and for repairs if necessary to get my engine running right.I am by no means rich but still $700.00 for a engine is alot of money to me.If I could afford to put a DA or a 3W engine on my planes I would do it.I fly just for my own enjoyment and really not that good of a 3D pilot to compete So the cheaper engines are just fine with me. I do own a DA-120, Dle-55s and 111 and a 3w-150 Zenoah-45 And NGH-17 and now a JC-120 and I am sure it will be a great engine.I just hope Justin or Milton will do work on my engine if needed and I will pay them to fix it even though I did not buy it from them.It will be cheaper to have it repaired than invest another wad of cash on a new engine that the warranty work is not guaranteed.I hope vital-rc and milton and justin can work out this problem with kevin.If not I guess all you can say is lesson learned. Thanks for your help. Steve Mullis
S Mullis is offline Find More Posts by S Mullis
Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
This is the kind of thing that really shows the respect that JC has for the dealers that have invested in his products.

Rather than give you a list of the dealers here in the US that have invested money to stock his products, He goes around them and sells direct to customers and probably charged more than you could get it from a US dealers.

Guess he is showing his dealers what kind of respect he has for them and appreciation he has for them investing into his products

Milton
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Well ****. I will say this KEVIN- PAY ATTENTION! I hope you're english is good, and that you follow every single link I have posted.

I 100% support Justin and Milton. It makes me very sad to see this unfolding. As a Vital-RC sponsored pilot, and organizer of one of the South West Regions biggest Giant Scale Gas events http://www.facebook.com/groups/319586104742253/ https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...hrowdown+rocki I'm damned disappointed. I'm going to be flying in one MAJOR airshow http://rmairshow.ticketbud.com/earlybird , and two other MAJOR flying events as a featured demo pilot http://www.arvadamodelers.com/index....d=63&Itemid=93 http://www.warbirdsovertherockies.com/ in front of literally tens of thousands of people this summer- TENS OF THOUSANDS! Not to mention the numerous IMAC competitions I compete in every year. http://www.teamflyingcircus.com/foru...es-again-6398/ That is a lot of exposure to your brand. Try to appreciate the people that have given you the benefit of the doubt, and the market toe-hold you now enjoy.

codyjc120cub.mpeg (3 min 36 sec)

Take care of the people that take care of YOU!

Chinese engines without support are dime a dozen. The thing that sets companies like Desert Aircraft, 3W, and DLE apart from DL, DLA, XYZ, RCG, Chen Shin, XXX, and now JC motors is SUPPORT! If there is even a doubt there will be a problem with customer support and warranty work NO ONE will buy your motors. I would NEVER have considered even buying a JC EVO 120 if it weren't for Justin and Miltons word that they would stand next to your products. Without that support base, and trust you've got nothing.

I personally know a dozen people considering buying JC 120's. People that are impressed with the service I have gotten from Justin, and secondly the performance of the motor. Now that I know you KEVIN are not a stand up guy I will tell ALL my friends to either buy from Justin, Milton, or buy DLE from Valley View.

Loyalty and peace of mind are important- either you are going to learn that, or you are going to be exactly what Jodi said- a fly-by-night scam artist.

TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE THAT TAKE CARE OF YOU! Otherwise you're nothing more then a bad memory in the rear view mirror, never to be thought of or trusted again.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Last edited by funboy; 07-08-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Loyalty is worth something.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEXTREMEPOWER View Post
You are right about spending a few bucks more knowing you are going to get support and warranty work but does not hold true for a lot, Most are looking for the cheapest price on a product and then cry the blues when there is a problem.

Milton
Like Gold Wing not offering parts for their planes- all of a sudden the actual mfgr is wondering why he's not getting orders for more airframes- it's because no one is going to buy a plane they cannot get parts for. Period.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 07-07-2012, 11:01 PM
AMA LM CD IP
Joined Jul 2011
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funboy View Post
Like Gold Wing not offering parts for their planes- all of a sudden the actual mfgr is wondering why he's not getting orders for more airframes- it's because no one is going to buy a plane they cannot get parts for. Period.
Yep, I wont even look at a Gold Wing plane. I had already heard the nightmares of no parts available... so , really there is nothing saved with buying a Gold Wing plane.

Quick Reply