logo
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by GonePostal
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2007
2,807 Posts
Re: Brillelli Engines

I OWN HIS NEW TO GAS COMBO.EF YAK 54,74''WITH 46 BRILLELLI PLUS EXTRAS.NO PROBLEMS ,AND WELL WORTH THE WAIT.SCOTT & CO. THE BESTHE ALSO WAS A SPONSOR FOR FX3D JAX. WHICH RAISED $2,500.00 FOR CHILDREN OF FALLEN SOILDERS.
GonePostal is offline Find More Posts by GonePostal
Last edited by GonePostal; 03-05-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonePostal View Post
I OWN HIS NEW TO GAS COMBO.EF YAK 54,74''WITH 46 BRILLELLI PLUS EXTRAS.NO PROBLEMS ,AND WELL WORTH THE WAIT.SCOTT & CO. THE BEST
I've had the same combo for about 6 months.. The engine keeps getting better and better, and the plane.. well, its not bad. I think the one I got was a little twisted, and I've got a lot of mixing in to keep it flying and turning level.

Anyway, the engine hasn't missed a single lick. I put a 20x10 prop on it last week and it will certainly rocket the plane anywhere ou want to go. You don't need a fance battery system with these.. just plug a Nicad directly into the ignition module. Runs like a top!
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts

I should've bought that combo instead of my QQ 69" Yak. I would've spent a little more money, but I would've had a great airframe and engine plus it would be cheaper to run. Oh well, I have one of the EF Extra 300's now and I'm putting a Brillelli 366 in it.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 03-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Find More Posts by cjcyclesrc
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Sep 2006
3,990 Posts

I have nothing but good things to say about Brillelli Engines. Three 366's at my local field and all of them run great. Plenty of power to spare on my 17.25lb. 88" EF Yak.

Ben, You will be very pleased with the power on your Extra. If you want to see one in action you are welcome to come to Temple and check out mine.
cjcyclesrc is offline Find More Posts by cjcyclesrc
Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by bdawg
Crosby, Tx
Joined Aug 2006
119 Posts

If you read my post I stated that the ones we have dealt with were JUNK. I'm not here to knock Scott or the rest of his product. Maybe we just happened to get a couple of lemons. It can happen with ANY product. The guy asked if anyone had any experience with the engines, and I responded with ours. It just happened to be negative. I do know how to make any engine run. I have 40 + years in the hobby and have been running gas engines since we were robbing chainsaws and weedeaters.
We had no problem with Scott at all. He did all he could to help us. He even offered to take back the engine and give my buddy a different upgraded one. He chose not to do it because of the whole ordeal. Scott graciously refunded his money.
The problem was a bad carb, a second carb improperly installed ( By Scott), and two broken mounting lugs. All this in maybe 15 flights. When it was running, it was ok and started easy. Wasn't great power but adequate for week end sport flying. The other problem engine had similar carb problems. After lots of work, we finally got it to run consistently. It still just has average performance and has no transition at all.
I have responded in the past to the "Brillelli" threads. About a year ago.
If you guys are having good luck with this product, more power to you.

Allan
bdawg is offline Find More Posts by bdawg
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts

Yeah, I was just curious what kind of problems you were having. Was this a while ago or recent?
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

I would be willing to bet this was one of the 40s which was later dropped because of problems. Those were SPE 40s that he just modified and balanced. He did have some issues with some of those and later replaced them with better engines.

That engine has since been replaced with the 36 which is a way better motor and as powerful as the 40 could ever hope to be.

From what I remember thats over a year ago.
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by bdawg
Crosby, Tx
Joined Aug 2006
119 Posts

Thank you sinergy for a little validation. It was a little over a year ago when we went through this. If I remember right, Scott was going through all that and that is why he offered my friend a different engine. After having just gone been a rough time with all the problems, my buddy just decided to go a different direction.
Obviously Brillelli has things in better shape these days with regards to what we had. I'm all for an American company doing well in todays market.
bdawg is offline Find More Posts by bdawg
Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

Scott is doing a wonderful thing for this hobby!
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

No Problem.. there definately were some issues awhile back with that 40.

I would highly recommend giving Scott another chance down the road.. the new 26 and the 60 are just awesome engines. I havent played with the 50 but thats nice as well. Basically a BME 50 with some Brillelli tweaks
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 03-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Suspended Account
California
Joined Jul 2006
4,329 Posts

Making a statement that a couple of engines were junk without including that the manufacturer offered to replace or fix them completely alters a potential customers perception in the quality of a product. It was grossly and intentionally biased, along with unfair and misrepresenting to fail to note that the manufacturer made several attempts to satisfy the customer and that the customer refused them. No manufacturer can do more than try to satisfy a customer but when the customer refuses offers to remedy a problem it becomes clear that they do not want to be satisfied. There are people out there happiest when they get to complain and you can't do anything for them.

It's right up there with saying DA, or any other, engines are junk because you don't want to send it back for repair after the offer had been made.

When Scott was first starting out we had quite a few conversations about what it was going to take to compete with, and be better than, the "industry leader". There also were conversations about customer service, product quality, user manuals, and several other subjects. To have asked any one of those questions, let alone all of them, indicated that Brillelli held the customer in high regard and recognized that the customer is the only reason to be doing business. Failure to serve the customer would be the failure of the business. In short, he cared then, and he cares now.

Since that time the man has come a long way and produces engines equal or better than other engines on the market in all price levels. Matter of fact, most of his engine run better than those form an industry leader with a similar size.

Just because his engines are conversions does not make them less of an engine than one "developed" as a specialty product. People that have done their own conversions know this to be true, especially those that have done superior work in shaving unneccessary weight from cases. Let's get a hover fest going with planes using Brillelli, Taurus, Brison, DA, and 3W. All of them 55cc's or less. When all is said and done you'll find that the "industry leaders" came in at best 3rd or 4th.

Way to go Scott.
Tired Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Tired Old Man
Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by xtraflyr
United States, NJ, Chester Township
Joined Jan 2006
1,559 Posts

Let me ask you guys. Im getting ready to run the 26ssr on my KMP Typhoon. What props would you recommend both 2 and 3 blade? I was thinking maybe a 16x8 or16x10 3 blade and a 18x6 or 8 2 blade?

I have a 3bld spinner on order from Tru Turn..

Thanks dudes!
Frank
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by 3DHobbyShop
I work for Extreme Flight RC.
TEXAS
Joined Apr 2006
1,284 Posts

I own the 50cc and 60cc. Love 'em. Scott has been great, and I think his customer satisfaction must be 95%+ based upon asking around. I wish the 50 was standoff-mounts instead of beam, but that's my one and only gripe. The 60CC is standoffs, hauls the 88" Yak around just fine.
3DHobbyShop is offline Find More Posts by 3DHobbyShop
Old 03-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Craven
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Feb 2006
10,852 Posts

This guy rocks!
Craven is offline Find More Posts by Craven
Old 03-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by MadMonkey
That's "MISTER" idiot to you!
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2007
1,064 Posts

I have a 2 year old 46GT on my 27% Ultimate. Hand start it every time and it runs perfectly (still needs a little more tuning though). It has "enough" power, but I'm working with props and mufflers trying to get the best combo for 3D. Scott already told me to send it in for a new model carb and other updates, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm impressed with it. Seems like a great little engine.
MadMonkey is offline Find More Posts by MadMonkey

Quick Reply