logo
Old 12-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Dot Com-ing it...
Ormond Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2008
4,091 Posts
Re: Moki 1.80 and 13 1/2lb plane. What prop ??

I had my Moki 1.8 in a 12.5 lb Aeroworks Profile. Even after the rebuild at 13 pounds the Moki pulled the plane with good authority. This was on the Bison Sport muffler.
For a while I had the Skorpa 188x8 and loved that prop. Next best for me was the APC 18x8W. The plane could fly slow or fast. This was on homebrew 5% fuel. I wind up with about 2% castor oil and the rest synthetic (Klots brand) and the motor runs great. The fuel tank was close to the motor so no pump for me.
Watch that the muffler bolts are not going to back out because when you lose the muffler seal the engine will quit. In my case it was no big help during a 10 foot high hover.
Best start up procedure I found was.....Thumb over the carb at WOT. Pull the prop through until you see fuel go into the carb 4-6 strokes....At WOT prop it foward 6 more times (no glow ignitor).....reduce throttle to one click over idle, glow ignitior and back flip that prop. It will usually start on the first flip from there. I always did use a CHICKEN STICK though.

Richard
WrongWayRC is offline Find More Posts by WrongWayRC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by lonestoner
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Nov 2008
32 Posts

thanks for advice guys , i picked up a 2.10 for 240 bucks great deal . so thats all good . im also gonna use a wood prop . maybe a vp 30 if needed for fuel feed .also gonna use 150 oz torque servo for pull pull rudder. and another for the elevator ,also going to install a remote glow drive .oy yeah not to mention a dynatron starter , im not into starting my moki by hand .if there is a auto start i would get it .ill post pics of it all when its in the process
lonestoner is offline Find More Posts by lonestoner
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Find More Posts by mahf77
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
mahf77,
Go to rcshowcase.com and look at RCS engines, ( that is the another Moki company in Europe).
Zee
Thanks Zee, for your quick response. Went to the RCS website and was quickly frustrated with those painfully high prices for those radials. Still have a son and daughter going thru college and cannot simply afford $5,000.00 and higher priced models and that is just what any model with one of these radials end up costing. Look further in the Internet for more alternatives, other radials and such and found Technopower, Saito and Robart but all were just about the same high prices. Sadly I will have to wait a further two years to be able to consider these Moki radials again, maybe by that time our dollar will have recuperated enough against the Euro and prices will have lowered some. But I'm not giving up and will always keep my eyes and ears way open for alternative sources of this engines. Thanks again and happy flying. --- Mike H.
mahf77 is offline Find More Posts by mahf77

Quick Reply