logo
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts
Re: Hangar 9 Pitts 12R "The Beast"

Almost all manuals of 50cc and above planes by Hangar 9 are done for DA engines and also shown with Evolution. That's just how Horizon do business. Also the evolution will not be shown on canister rather pipe. Plane will have great performance with that combo as well.

I hear you, but if there was anything wrong with Quique flying his plane with DA100 and I mean anything at all from Horizon business perspective, this would've probably not happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoch713 View Post
Didn't want to get off subject or cause any ill feelings over the matter, as other planes that have came from H9/horrizon
had dabued with different brand engines, so I am not trying to place ill sorted feelings on the matter.
I have always felt that when you join a team, you go balls to the wall... or at least give it a try...
No one can argue the power of brand choice by celebrities. Some of the best advertisement availible.
Sure, evolutions twin is a-bit heavy for most 100ccplanes, but I wouldn't even question a 80cc evolution gas engine on a can on this aircraft. I wouldn't see that as pushing engines out the door, just mearly giving brand support. I really don't think that anyone would complain with a setup like that...If anything, it would fly better...IMHO..
I don't have any idea how this plane flys or the performance would be with any of the engines, but I could only guess that a 85-80cc engine piped, would work out wonderfully.
A 80cc piped, would be right there with a 100cc twin, on standard mufflers or so I thought...
I am sure that I am not the only one that thought this,,,??
Reza is offline Find More Posts by Reza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts

Who knows what they have worked out....But showing mounting of a brand x in a manual, seems quite different than one of your key spokesman for your company running equipment that you do not sell or carry, and sold by your competition....

But if that plane was on display at the hobby expo and I was in advertising for Horrizon Hobby???
It would have had one of HH imported engines in it, or nothing at all..
But I am not, so my point is moot, to say the least....

It isn't any different I suppose, when QQ did his Brio, and foam yak 54 when he was indipendent and flying with 3W engines....
Jkoch713 is offline Find More Posts by Jkoch713
Last edited by Jkoch713; 10-24-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Amsoil Dealer
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2006
3,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
I met Que Que yesterday with the beast right behind him and I'm really wanting that to be my first giant plane. He said it would take about 10 minutes or so to assemble it a the field but after I got home I was wondering how the I-Stuts mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdstr280Z View Post
4 socket head cap screws in to blind nuts each strut I think, same as the Python.

Jason
It should be a great airplane!

After I got good at assembling my Python, it took me about 5 minutes to assemble. Initially, took me around 10-15minutes.

The struts mount just like Spdstr280Z said. 4 socket head cap screws (with washers) into blind nuts.

Seth
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2007
1,272 Posts

Quote:
Who knows what they have worked out....But showing mounting of a brand x in a manual, seems quite different than one of your key spokesman for your company running equipment that you do not sell or carry, and sold by your competition....

But if that plane was on display at the hobby expo and I was in advertising for Horrizon Hobby???
It would have had one of HH imported engines in it, or nothing at all..
But I am not, so my point is moot, to say the least....

It isn't any different I suppose, when QQ did his Brio, and foam yak 54 when he was indipendent and flying with 3W engines....
I understand your point, but I think it says more for Horizon that they are confident in their airframes and willing to let them be shown off with, and include info in the manuals for, the more popular engines.

From a marketing point of view, many GS people hear engine, they hear DA. They could be turned off if they feel that Horizon is trying to force them in to, or is optimizing the airframes for, Evolution engines. Your point that QuiQue could perhaps sway that opinion in marketing is valid, but I appreciate more that they are not doing that,

Jason
Spdstr280Z is offline Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Old 10-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

Thank you Jason! You made the point I was trying to make better than I did!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

How many Team JR pilots are not sponsored by DA? And out of those that aren't, how many of them purchase DA's for their giant scale aircraft?
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by Reza
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jan 2006
4,400 Posts

Chris,

Great questions to make the point even better! I was sponsored by HH and JR before entering any obligation and sponsorship with DA! Prior to my DA sponsorship, I used DA also! And entering DA sponsorship did not count as bridge of contract with HH.

HH has one of the strongest and finest marketing management. They are extremely open minded!

Thank you,
Reza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
How many Team JR pilots are not sponsored by DA? And out of those that aren't, how many of them purchase DA's for their giant scale aircraft?
Old 10-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Amsoil Dealer
Joined Jan 2006
3,448 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Chris,

Great questions to make the point even better! I was sponsored by HH and JR before entering any obligation and sponsorship with DA! Prior to my DA sponsorship, I used DA also! And entering DA sponsorship did not count as bridge of contract with HH.

HH has one of the strongest and finest marketing management. They are extremely open minded!

Thank you,
Reza
Same goes for me, except I was sponsored by DA before entering sponsorship with Horizon. Seems like they were very acceptable in both directions! I will say the guys at Horizon are an absolute pleasure to work with!

Seth
Old 10-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts

I completely understand that HH is NICE GUYS.... from you all have said.... They are very giving and understanding people... I have no inner workings with them...I don't know anyone personally or impersonal from DA, HH, or any other
Manufacture...
One could look at things 2-ways...
1. That HH is really great open minded company and NICE, and should be thankful they have the design team that they have on there board (Mike M, Hicks, QQ ect ect..) and let them run there own show..
2. Take the other stance that QQ really isn't very doing his OWN company justice (now that he has been hired by HH)... and not very Thankful at the opportunity that HH has given him...
IT seems the more negative view isn't shared by most, and see it as a positive role played by Horizon to have them run things the way they have...

One thing I must ask... DO you think that this is do to your prejudice caused
By your own manufacture sponsorship or mealy equal opportunity??

I really do thank you all for your input; I am not trying to offend ANYONE, or their sponsors
I was giving opinions from both sides of view on the subject...
Perhaps there is an unsaid rule in the inner workings of all Manf. In the RC aircraft world that is coveted by all who embrace this as a HOBBY, and not a Competition.
It seems that I have felt that I have seen the latter take place from afar, and need to see the inner workings by experiencing it myself, and attend some of the bigger flyins ect...
I don't take all the views I express, only looking at 2 points of view...

I just hope, that NICE GUYS, don't finish LAST.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Hermit
Joined Jan 2008
1,607 Posts

Quote:
That is the point I was trying to make...I agree completely with this...as I am not trying to single out any of them... But is Horrizon Realy looking in there BEST interest by doing this???

I would be willing to bet, that IF QQ used a EVolution engine in this Python, by his OWN CHOICE, it would stir
this up, and quite possibly cause many of the HH employees/sponsored-pilots to rethink things and perhaps
make Horizon Hobby a stronger company...

Star power goes a LONNNNG WAY. Case in point....
Risky Business Sunglasses....

How many inspiring QQ pilots went out and purchased a EVOLUTION 26cc engine, after seeing him wip
around his yak 73" with this engine in it??? I can bet sales increased dramatically!...

Remember.....
All of you that were sponsored by manfs wouldn't make much difference in CASH sales anyway....
It is the ALL inspiring PEE ON pilots, that PAY OUT THE MOOLAA......
Last edited by Jkoch713; 10-25-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Amsoil Dealer
Joined Jan 2006
3,448 Posts

Quote:
I completely understand that HH is NICE GUYS.... from you all have said.... They are very giving and understanding people... I have no inner workings with them...I don't know anyone personally or impersonal from DA, HH, or any other
Manufacture...
One could look at things 2-ways...
1. That HH is really great open minded company and NICE, and should be thankful they have the design team that they have on there board (Mike M, Hicks, QQ ect ect..) and let them run there own show..
2. Take the other stance that QQ really isn't very doing his OWN company justice (now that he has been hired by HH)... and not very Thankful at the opportunity that HH has given him...
IT seems the more negative view isn't shared by most, and see it as a positive role played by Horizon to have them run things the way they have...

One thing I must ask... DO you think that this is do to your prejudice caused
By your own manufacture sponsorship or mealy equal opportunity??

I really do thank you all for your input; I am not trying to offend ANYONE, or their sponsors
I was giving opinions from both sides of view on the subject...
Perhaps there is an unsaid rule in the inner workings of all Manf. In the RC aircraft world that is coveted by all who embrace this as a HOBBY, and not a Competition.
It seems that I have felt that I have seen the latter take place from afar, and need to see the inner workings by experiencing it myself, and attend some of the bigger flyins ect...
I don't take all the views I express, only looking at 2 points of view...

I just hope, that NICE GUYS, don't finish LAST.
Quique did not go to Horizon because of manufacturer sponsorship, or equal opportunity. Running a business is extremely tiring, I'm sure. Quique just wants to design airplanes, without the hassles of a business. Also, his business partner was wanting to retire. Horizon offered him the position, which is exactly what he wanted to do (design airplanes without the hassles of a business), and his business partner could do what he wanted as well (retire). I think it was a win win for all involved.

Seth
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by AllBread
Joined Dec 2007
270 Posts

I think that you're making way too big of a deal over this. It's obvious by Evolutions line that they are not trying to compete with the DA-100 - since they don't make a 100cc twin. They do have an engine that is comparable to the DA-85, and that's what they recommend for someone wanted to put a single in their plane. They recommend the DA-100 as a twin probably because, again, they don't make an engine that size that competes in the same market. I have no doubt that we'll be seeing plenty of video coming up with it being flown on the Evolution 80 - it's still half a year until the plane hits the market!

Personally, I find it refreshing when manufacturers recommend components that are good fits for their airframes instead of trying to steer the un-informed buyer into one of their products that won't be as good of a match (i.e. if they were recommending the heavier Evolution 116 instead of the DA-100 for those wanted to put a twin in this airframe).
AllBread is offline Find More Posts by AllBread
Old 10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by RICH M
Team Epoxy
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Sep 2006
626 Posts

Reza,
How so true of 100's on shelf. Also is first plane out with QQ over there at HH now also I believe?
Also people like me with the QQ 101" with the DA-85 in it. That thing is Swiss Cheese.
If Ryan don't tear that one up to quick... Funny.
And as you said I have a DA-100 sitting on the shelve looking for a ride...
Congrats QQ & all other involved at Horizan. Keep Moving forward...
Rich M.
Plane should fly as good as the QQ 101" or As most of the Designs of Mike MCconville's do...
RICH M is offline Find More Posts by RICH M
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Last edited by 50%plane; 10-25-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: person directed at understands
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by RICH M
Team Epoxy
United States, IL, Granite City
Joined Sep 2006
626 Posts

Is it the Waco, Piython with Major Mods...Funny.
RICH M is offline Find More Posts by RICH M

Quick Reply