Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #1726
scout440
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by TimBle
View Post
My 33 has developed the die in a blender problem again. time to lengthen that metering lever spring again
TimBle, when you lengthen the metering lever spring, does that raise the pop-off pressure? If so what is the pop-off pressure now & what pressure do you want to end up with? Thanks
scout440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #1727
TimBle
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I don't know what it is now. Will need to borrow that cooling system test kit from my mechanic again to find out.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #1728
scout440
Uber Contributor

I took my auto radiator tester & made into a pop-off tester. It works nice.....when I can find it !!!! We had a flood in the adjoining basement room & needed to use my RC work area into a storage place .....not fun.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #1729
littlera
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by scout440
View Post
Skippy, thank you for the reply. I do not need the entire carb. The throttle shaft broke right where the small screw that holds the throttle plate to the shaft. It did this when flying & I had to fly the 260 Pro at speed until it ran out of gas a 1/2 hour later.
Here is another reason to equip gassers with ignition cut offs.
littlera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #1730
scout440
Uber Contributor

Could a servo that opens a hiqh quality power switch to ignition be used? Seems like any extra switch on the TX like for flaps could be set up to control the servo...for on & off?
Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #1731
stingray528i
Uber Contributor

yes it can be done and has been done but any of the opti kill switches on the market will be cheaper and simpler and more reliable easier to set up and lighter, if you want a backup kill system install a choke servo
stingray528i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #1732
scout440
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by stingray528i
View Post
yes it can be done and has been done but any of the opti kill switches on the market will be cheaper and simpler and more reliable easier to set up and lighter, if you want a backup kill system install a choke servo
I like the choke servo option. Have it on the flap channel...give it any amount of choke would be nice sometimes. Thanks
Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #1733
littlera
Flyin' Around

A good feature of the optical kill switches is the ability to shut the engine off when there is a loss of signal from the Tx, and failure of the Rx battery will also kill the engine. The choke servo setup can kill engine if tx llink is lost if it is set up that way with failsafe settings. It cannot do that with Rx battery failure.
littlera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #1734
scout440
Uber Contributor

Will the optical kill the ignition if the ignition battery is separate from receiver battery? Seems like I heard of some problems with them. Cannot honestly remember????