Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Vendors > Smart-Fly Support
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
JCFLYR
Love the sticks

Default comp 12 turbo vs eq-10 question

Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a 42% Dalton extra 300 equipped with a power system competition 12 turbo. I am using a jr 9503 radio but need 10 channels to run the thing. ie: 2 servos in each wing, 1 in each elevator half, 2 for rudder and 1 for throttle and 1 for kill. I am new to power systems and expanders but notice the competition 12 turbo states it has 10 channels that support 3 servos and 2 that support 4. I assumed at first this was for servo matching, but as I read the forums I am thinking not. What are these for? If I purchase the plane, I may dump off the 12 and purchase a power expander eq10. I need the servo matching and I really dont need to reduce input voltage to servos as I would like to use dual A123 6.6 volt nanophosphates. I am thinking of using the jr921 for rx. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. John
Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil........Here kitty-kitty.....
JCFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
rrritchey
Super Contributor

Hi,
The Competition 12 does not have servo matching. It is generally designed for pilots with 12-channel radios or those who wish to use the Hitec programmer to match the servos. If you need servo matching then the Eq10 would be a good choice if you do not need to regulate the servo voltage.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
JCFLYR
Love the sticks

Thanks for the info.
Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil........Here kitty-kitty.....
JCFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote