logo
Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Find More Posts by GMoney
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts
USRA site

two questions 1. why can I not register for the site?
2. Why is info on kits and planes so limited?

Alot of the sites that USRA refers to are no longer or never existed. I realize that GS racing is not tht big but with the recent growth I would have thought that more than three reliable sources for planes would exist. (other than kit build from scratch)

Thanks
GMoney is offline Find More Posts by GMoney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts
Re: USRA site

G,

It's true that some of the sources on that site are out of date and/or limited. We (the USRA racers that frequent FG) are trying to help that situation by both encouraging the webmaster of www.usrainfo.org (and manufacturers) to keep updated info that site and by giving more information and answering any specific questions here on FG. At the present time, the only real active sources for giant scale racing airframes are Team Extra (Tom Easterday) and RRD (Ed Rankin). Both of these guys have at least current contact informantion on the site and attend and compete at all the races.

If there is any way we can help you find something you're looking for or help answer any questions, by all means don't hesitate to ask.

As far as not being able to register on the USRA site is concerned, I would suspect that this would be due to the webmaster and staff being away at the Parker, AZ race at this time. That site doesn't automatically register new users. I think they have some human interaction involved and those humans are racing in AZ through Sunday.
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Old 10-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts

Robert, thanks for the replie. I thought the race might have something to do with the issue. I have attend three races on the West coast and It is time to start building two entries for 08. However I want to start with the bipe class. Tom E and Ed Rankin do not have any info on current bipe kits. Not a huge problem because I have already got my feelers out localy for two Mongs. I would have like too started with fresh birds. But maybe the time I save building I can spend testing and preparing for 08. I now one of the past champions of the bipe class and I think I may be able to con two or three planes from him before the year is out. I hope to see you guys on that coast next year..

Thanks
GMONEY
Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

GMoney,

If you have a line on the Mong, then go for it since that's one of the fastest Bipes in racing. I haven't flown one but have watched them in action and heard the stories. And it sounds like you have some good help available in your area. All I can say is prepare well and PRACTICE and you'll be a success in '08.

We'd love to see you on the circuit!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Tom_E
United States, AZ, Mayer
Joined Jan 2006
34 Posts

We were having a major spammer problem so we disabled direct registration. When you click on the register button, you should get a message to email tome@crtdata.com with your information and I will get you set up pronto!
Tom_E is offline Find More Posts by Tom_E
Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Hey, Tom!

Thanks for coming in here and addressing this first hand!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Lake Tawakoni
Joined Feb 2006
1,663 Posts

Tom E, I did that while you where away at the race! I just tried again and nothing. I dont want to bother you with multiple request but If that is what is necessay I will do so.

Thanks
GMONEY

Quick Reply