Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Groundschool: 3D Flying and Aerobatics
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard man! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Total Awards: 3
Send a message via MSN to pitviper51
Default Rolling Harrier Flat Spin.. woooow!! guide

i found this in a magazine i just got and wow this looks complicated!!! any w=one have a video of it?? heres the artical
mike
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVE0012.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	44144 387.1 KB · Views: 1444

• Click image for larger version

Name:	SAVE0013.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	44145 352.1 KB · Views: 926

pitviper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: Welcome to the haaaaard man club! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D
Default Re: Rolling Harrier Flat Spin.. woooow!! guide

I love that manuever. I have been trying it since he did it at the '05 Shootout.
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard man! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 

i get jamed up after 3 rotations of rolling harrier hehe, guess ill be going to 1500 ft to try it hehehe, maybe 4 mistakes high...
mike
Old 03-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
HuckinChikn
just wanna FLY!

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard VIDEO man! 
Total Awards: 1

Thats one of my favorite maneuvers to do If I knew how to post vids from G3.5 i would do it...
Anyone know how to turn G3.5 vids into something that i can view in say, windows media player??
www.STLFLYER.com
HuckinChikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
Mudsurfer1234
Glow fuel sucks!

Send a message via AIM to Mudsurfer1234

So it's called a Rolling Harrier Spin? I been doing it and calling it the Flush, cuz it looks like somthing gettin flushed down the toilet, haha.

Jared, you have to record with Fraps or somthing like that, G3 recordings cannot be converted to viewable video files.
Mudsurfer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.

Awards Showcase

i remeber a thread on the flush.. didnt have a clue then hahah, this is a good canidate for the fg Ground School
mike
Old 05-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 

Add that to my list of ... I can't do that... maneuvers .
BoneDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
!Spike!
Doo It! Doo It!

What month is that in?
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
!Spike! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
bodywerks
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

It's a high-rate rolling circle (one roll to the inside per circle), but on a downward spiral. If you did the roller to the outside, you would get what I have heard to be called "The Washer". I've done them both, but it can be hit or miss sometimes - they are all about timing and throttle management. another fun one is to do it while climbing! You need to have wicked power-to-weight, though. To give you an idea, I do it with a 26.5 pound plane that is on tuned pipes with a DA 100, and it takes all the power it can give.
bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Mithrandir
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

My ZN-Line would do it descending and then add a bit of power to commit the nose up and it would climb....

I Miss my ZN-Line
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
iflynething
Gettin' Lower!

Seems to me to just be left or right rudder and down elevator.........more than that? From just going by the pictures, that's what I can make out

~Michael~
iflynething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: Welcome to the haaaaard man club! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D

I don't know how John was able to write that article. Hard manuevers are sometimes unexplainable.

The best way I can explain this one is a rolling circle all the way down like BW said. Yes I can do it, but don't ask me about inputs, I don't know them, I just do them lol.
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
LSU-3D
What kind of wood was that....

Cool, something to work on this weekend~

LSU-3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
Wild Thang
Deadstickin'

Send a message via AIM to Wild Thang Send a message via Skype™ to Wild Thang

This manuver is very easy, Just looks hard. Do downline and a full ali spin, then just do a rolling harrier motion fast. If you want more of a spiral, add throttle and slow the roll down as needed. People over estimate this manuver. I'd have to admit, it looks very awesome though
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #15
BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 

Kewl maneuver indeed.
BoneDoc is offline   Reply With Quote