Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > General Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #1786
flyin woodbutcher
Diving for DA's

Default Re: Fly'n with the Circus. RDRC's traveling Circus

kinda ify on capacity. I think we will make it.

" you earned them zeros "
DA 170
"better to wait than make a mistake"

Mona Vie wana be
"man up and support your CD "
flyin woodbutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 AM   #1787
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase
The SV (Stupid Video) Award: Awarded to members who come up with incredibly lame videos. - Issue reason: 4 minutes of our lives we will never be able to recover. Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thanks dooder! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard man! 
Total Awards: 5

Have a safe trip WoodButcher!
50%plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:04 AM   #1788
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

My crowd will be there early saturday morning,, I believe today(friday) is going to be alittle wet,,,,

Alittle more fun than the model Decathlon!
jongurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #1789
tec
3D or Bust

Quote: Originally Posted by flyin woodbutcher
View Post
WoodButcher and Bat Fastard are on the way in the wee hours of the morning to RDRCs huck fest.

Riding in

ROLLING BASTARD
Looks like I need to get my licence to paint in VA, I thought my Dually was overkill for a 20' trailer, What kinda MPG does that Bastard get?
tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #1790
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase
The SV (Stupid Video) Award: Awarded to members who come up with incredibly lame videos. - Issue reason: 4 minutes of our lives we will never be able to recover. Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thanks dooder! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard man! 

Here's some pics from this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00841.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	71781 142.3 KB · Views: 25

Name:	DSC00842.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	71782 133.7 KB · Views: 20

Name:	DSC00843.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	71783 141.9 KB · Views: 32

Name:	DSC00844.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	71784 146.2 KB · Views: 12

Name:	DSC00845.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	71785 146.0 KB · Views: 26

Name:	DSC00846.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	71786 146.1 KB · Views: 22

Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #1791
ifly3d
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Hey, Tec Where are you getting that plane from ?? I think that plane used to belong to one of our old club members.

Josh
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #1792
DoubleA
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!

well the edge 540 is getting powered up for the maiden tomorrow. thanks to TEC, If everything goes well I think he said he would go we will be coming up to the rdrc field on sunday after or before we pick tec's cap up! Hope to see you guys then. Oh and if tec hasn't told you josh he is picking it up from a guy in winton salem.

DoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #1793
tec
3D or Bust

Quote: Originally Posted by ifly3d
View Post
Hey, Tec Where are you getting that plane from ?? I think that plane used to belong to one of our old club members.

Josh

Dudes name is John Welcome, he is from FL but lives in Winston Salem now. The plane was built By AJ Lee for 4-5 years ago. it was flown by Yuri at Nall this year. I forgot who AJ built the plane for?
tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #1794
DoubleA
DUMMY TERMS PLEASE!

Hey guys, I have to report that the edge made the maiden yesterday, I did my first ever controlled harrier roll, My harrier was well under control, and the engine oh my god i don't even know what to say! I am impressed with the fox, I believe it was 5 flips cold with choke, popped and then threw the choke back, and a total of 4 flips and she fired right up! Lucky you the man! thanks for the plane. I think i have fallen in love with it!

DoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #1795
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase

Quote: Originally Posted by AArthur
View Post
Hey guys, I have to report that the edge made the maiden yesterday, I did my first ever controlled harrier roll, My harrier was well under control, and the engine oh my god i don't even know what to say! I am impressed with the fox, I believe it was 5 flips cold with choke, popped and then threw the choke back, and a total of 4 flips and she fired right up! Lucky you the man! thanks for the plane. I think i have fallen in love with it!
The Fox is a great motor. Congrats on the new plane!
Old 10-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #1796
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase

Well, today was a lot of fun. Thanks RDRC for the great event!

Here's some pics from today:

It was a beautiful day and some folks took to warbird huckin:

Other folks wanted to Hoover:

After a while, The one and only Flyin Wood Butcher decided that it was time to rise and shine:

Meanwhile, others were eating:

Doo Rag was taking advantage of his chair:

And the guy with the Strap-on finally had a short flight(after flipping his plane over on the ground):

When you have a warbird, it's always nice to get an extra hand:

Last edited by 50%plane; 10-20-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #1797
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase

(continued)

The Gurley Man himself found out that he has more than one shirt in his closet:
(he said something about hovering and getting his tailwheel caught in his shirt)

What more could one ask for? A great hobby and a loving spouce that enjoys hucking as much as you do:

Bat Fastard taking his Giles to a new level:

Horse power?

Wood Butcher's Edge after some hardcore 3D action.(Larry Lewis has a death diver rival)

Old 10-20-2007, 08:13 PM   #1798
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase

(continued)

Gurley Man landing:

Hand Launch:

Old 10-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #1799
50%plane
on a vacation

Awards Showcase

(continued)

The reason there aren't more chicks flyin is because there is only one Larry Lewis:

Chick Magnet:

Larry and Ja"Quique" Lewis:

Plenty more pics in my gallery. Video soon.

Chris
Old 10-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #1800
jaybenson
Tootsie Roll

Cool Pics 50, There is only one Larry L. And Larry I'm greeving right along w/ you buddy. There wasn't a soul on that field that hated it worse than me.
jaybenson is offline   Reply With Quote