Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Topics > Clubs, Fields, and Organizations
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #2116
F-troop
Circus Side Show

Default Re: Fly'n with the Circus. RDRC's traveling Circus

Quote: Originally Posted by BIG RED
View Post
Will a Zenoah 38 fly a Greatplanes pitts 68"span? How is the power? Thanks BIG RED

Big Red, I had a G/P Pitts with a 3.2 on it and that was as small as I would go. IMO the G38 would be very lacking. The plane will top out at about 16LBS.
Kelly
F-troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #2117
BubbaFlys2
ZOOM & BOOM

Yeah Glen I recond I'm out side of the box type of guy. You could say I blaze my own trail. Hey that's what makes us all different. I got to agree on the mustang though, recond i'll tell you and Kent Porter where you guys can get a cap like mine Hats-R us LOL.
BubbaFlys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #2118
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

Well guys didn't get to fly the GEEBEE this sunday,, I got caught up Saturday and just didn't get a chance to finish it, and it was so beautiful yesterday,, but she is all finished now, so I guess I will wear it out next sunday, and it will give me this week to tune the YS right,, ,
I instead flew Freak Nasty and the heli,,,, but anyway, I guess the excitement will go on next sunday, I want to video tape the first flight but I will have to find a camera,,

Alittle more fun than the model Decathlon!
jongurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #2119
50%plane
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by jongurley
View Post
Well guys didn't get to fly the GEEBEE this sunday,, I got caught up Saturday and just didn't get a chance to finish it, and it was so beautiful yesterday,, but she is all finished now, so I guess I will wear it out next sunday, and it will give me this week to tune the YS right,, ,
I instead flew Freak Nasty and the heli,,,, but anyway, I guess the excitement will go on next sunday, I want to video tape the first flight but I will have to find a camera,,
Jon, if you want, I can get it on video. I'm not sure about Sunday. I'm heading up to VA this weekend. Not sure when I'm returning. If you want to fly during the week, it could get over there right after work.

50%
50%plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #2120
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

I appreciatte the offer 50%,, but everyone in the club and my friends want to see the first Crash,,I mean flight on sunday, that is the big day at our club,, but if you can make it fine if you can't we can get it some other time,, I am just ready to fly it, I am not itimidated by it, I haven't found a plane yet I am worried about flying, except maybe a trainer,,I tried to snap roll one of our club trainers on takeoff one day and when it came around,, the landing gear squashed and choked the engine off,, that was close,, , but that thing wasn't quiet as quick as my yak,,ahahahahahahahhah

Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #2121
50%plane
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by jongurley
View Post
I appreciatte the offer 50%,, but everyone in the club and my friends want to see the first Crash,,I mean flight on sunday, that is the big day at our club,, but if you can make it fine if you can't we can get it some other time,, I am just ready to fly it, I am not itimidated by it, I haven't found a plane yet I am worried about flying, except maybe a trainer,,I tried to snap roll one of our club trainers on takeoff one day and when it came around,, the landing gear squashed and choked the engine off,, that was close,, , but that thing wasn't quiet as quick as my yak,,ahahahahahahahhah
lol I don't know why folks think that GeeBee's are hard to fly. I've known a lot of folks that have the GP GeeBee(lol say that 5 times fast....) and it appears to fly great, though I've never flown one. I usually come back Sunday afternoon, but it's always up in the air. There's a chance I could have to come back on Friday. I'll let ya'll know if I'm around.

50%
50%plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #2122
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

Cool deal,, , I just think alot of the problems are
1. Unexperienced pilots.
2. Stall the plane.
3. Trying fly it with either to high of rates or improper CG placement.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #2123
F-troop
Circus Side Show

Hey Jon I've heard from some Gee Bee owners having problems with there wing breaking in flight because the shear webs were installed wrong, But that was a while back so maybe they got that fixed by now.

Nothing like having something else to worry about. LOL

Good luck on the Maiden.
F-troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #2124
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

Kelly I know you just didnt' say that, ,LOL ,hahahahhah,a,,, ,I was feeling good about the maiden until now,,, ahhaah,, nah just kidding,, I will listen for any popping or anything,, I just got it 2 weeks ago, so maybe they have taken care of that problem,,

Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #2125
Larry Lewis
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Uhh,,,,YEAH,,,Thats It!! They Ummmmmm,,,they've fixed all that John! Yea,,,,,,
Hmmmm,,,,,,,,when ya gonna do this structural tes,,,,I mean,,,,,,,Uh,,,Test Flight???? Man,,,,,Ive been look'n a good reason to visit Rosewood.
Ya know,,,this could very well be the excuse I nead!!!!

Actually,,,,I may be doing a test flight on something really cool ARF this weekend myself. Started on it last night,,,and got 50% of it done in one evening. Canr tell ya what it is,,,,but the initials are O LLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #2126
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

Why don't you guys shoot on down here to Rosewood,, and fly with us sunday, and watch the crash test, I mean the flight test of the GEEBEE<,

Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #2127
scaleforlife
scaleforlife

Larry,
I just want to thatnk you for making me buy an X9303 2.4. Just what I needed !!!!
scaleforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #2128
Larry Lewis

Hey Ken
Yea,,, I heard ya bit the bullet and went for the gold. Been trying to tell ALL the guys about this radio, but you know,,,,,,,,,some listen,,,,some wont!
Anyway,,,I'm sure you've already discovered how easy it is to program, and youre gonna lovvvvvvvvvve that 2.4 technology. Picked up my second 9303 last week, and Im looking forward to point'n that new Python and Yak around with it in 2008.

Hey,,,how bout all you goons come down to East RC tonight! Few of us are headed that way. Lets get a crowd together. Maybe even meet somewhere for dinner on the way. Looks like I might be War Bird'n it after tonights trip.
Larry Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #2129
ifly3d

Is this what our tax dollars are paying for ?????
Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #2130
BIG RED
Doo It! Doo It!

Weather Bulletin: From a line just west-northwest of Raleigh NC running south-southeast to Vanceboro NC the weather will be cooler in the mountains than it is in the summer! Also tight bellies will prevail due to massive overloads. HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!
BIG RED is offline   Reply With Quote