Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Onboard Electronics
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
CSpaced
Smoke on!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1
Default Fromeco Badger Switch problem

For those of you who run the badger switch with the pin flag:

I've noticed that the pin flag on my switch is super sensitive, if I so much as look at it the wrong way it flickers the power on and off. I only have to touch the pin lightly and the power fluctuates on and off, and this is happening on both of my switches.

Has anyone else had this problem?
CSpaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
Dan_nO
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Awards Showcase
FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. 
Default Re: Fromeco Badger Switch problem

I remember Wizzard having something like this going on when we were in Etown a few weeks ago
Dan_nO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
RADRICH
Hmmm...tastes like chicken!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dan_nO
View Post
I remember Wizzard having something like this going on when we were in Etown a few weeks ago
Yeah, he wasn't totally impressed with those switches. They do look cool tho. I personally prefer sliders.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
CSpaced
Smoke on!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 

Anybody have any contact info for Fromeco, or know of a "go to" guy I can talk to? I've been trying their phone number without any success, and they don't seem to have any email address listed.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
dick hanson
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

If you like pin switches - ZDZ (the engine guys ) have a good one
dick hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
Azhar
The Aluminum Bling Guy!

Cspaced,

Leave a message. They will respond back within the day.
Azhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
CSpaced
Smoke on!

Awards Showcase

Yep, I did that - thanks.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

Also they have a "contact us" page. But its actually a form email thing.

I have submitted the form and received a call from Mike or Kurt the very next day.

I had an issue with a Ion Cube, and they handled it with extreme quickness!
Service was on par with DA.
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - Futaba’s 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 AM   #9
wizard
It will fly!!!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: U is da MAN! The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. Super-Huck!: Presented for incredible contributions from our members, to our community. - Issue reason: Wizard receives this award for creating Giant Jargon - The FG dictionary! He's spent quite a bit of time on this, and it will recieve it's own home page shortly - Thanks for running with this, and awesome job on compiling the great list! 
Total Awards: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to wizard

Quote: Originally Posted by Dan_nO
View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by RADRICH
View Post
Yeah, he wasn't totally impressed with those switches. They do look cool tho. I personally prefer sliders.
Hey guys, The problem with my switches has been caused by abuse. They have some age on them and at times my plane was in a damp environment. They have also been stressed by using a strap around the plane and through the loop on the end of the pin. Both of those conditions are why I have had problems, my fault, not the fault of the switches. I know many people that are using the same switch without any problems.

My switches are still in use and perform just like they are supposed to. The great thing about these switches is that if there is a problem the switch will go to the ON state. If my switches were just normal switches, a problem with the switch would cause the radio to stop working.

Never try to teach a pig to sing! It wastes your time and it annoys the pig!!!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.