logo
This thread is privately moderated by andersoneric04, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by andersoneric04
Trader Rating: 11
3D Heli pilot turned planker
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Nov 2012
579 Posts
$320.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold
GP61

I'm converting my 87" SHP to electric because of strict noise restrictions in my area. I purchased this engine new and properly broke it in with Sthil hi performance dino oil @ 30:1 using non ethenol gas. absolutely no hovering for two gallons. After two gallons I switched to Redline full synthetic oil @40:1. The engine is fully broken in and has approximately 5 gallons ran through it. The engine has never been overheated and deadsticked, crashed or experienced a prop strike. Very easy to start and super reliable. I have modified the side of the engine mount to allow a choke rod to slide through which works well. I have also included 1/4 20 mounting bolts and nuts which are not included with new engines. I'm sad to part with this powerhouse but I would need to add a canister and three blade prop to meet new restrictions. Included with the engine is: ignition, GP side dump muffler, original box, prop washer and all needed bolts.

Here's a video of me flying it this past 4th of July. Low = trust!!! ��

87" 3DHS Extra 300 (1 min 4 sec)
andersoneric04 is offline Find More Posts by andersoneric04
Last edited by andersoneric04; 08-10-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by yankster
Trader Rating: 96
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 96
PM Sent
yankster is offline Find More Posts by yankster
Old 08-11-2016, 12:08 AM
Find More Posts by Javier20b
Trader Rating: 5
United States, TX, Salado
Joined Dec 2013
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
What's the noise DB number?
Sorry for the question. I just came back from being stationed in Germany and the noise restriction was 80DB at 20 meters from 3 sides for an average. When I first got there I had to install canisters on all my gassers. I found that after experimenting with all the brands the best performance for 3d flying for quick throttle response and good low torque power was using a Krumscheid aka KS canisters with a Mejzlik 24X8L. My plane passed noise restrictions at a DB 79.3. LOL but with this combination I notice no difference between the regular stock muffler. I post this here just for the experience I got for being in Germany. I refused to go electric. Germans kept trying to convince me to switch but being from Merica I resisted. LOL

http://www.krumscheid-metallwaren.de...op.php?lang=EN
Javier20b is offline Find More Posts by Javier20b
Last edited by Javier20b; 08-11-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:02 AM
Find More Posts by andersoneric04
3D Heli pilot turned planker
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Nov 2012
579 Posts
I was 87db's at 50' with the Pitts muffler which is slightly quieter than stock. The expected Db level is 85db @ 20' which is glow trainer levels 😜. What's happening to Merica?
andersoneric04 is offline Find More Posts by andersoneric04

Quick Reply