logo

FlyingGiants Build Log: EMHW Pitts S1

We love big biplanes! FG member Jaketab is building this 120" monster Pitts, and he's starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Splash

FG Member Jaketab Tackles His First Balsa Build!

I'm not going to get into the whole dying art of stick building as it's been hashed out ad nauseum. I will, however, highlight this beautiful Pitts S1 being built by FlyingGiants member Jaketab. He's making steady progress as a first-time builder with the giant-scale Pitts by German manufacturer EMHW.

Here's what Jaketab had to say at the introduction of his build thread:

Hello Builders and Pitts fans,

Last October 2015 I began construction of my 1st wood fab plane kit of any sort. As of today, EMHW Pitts is almost ready for final shaping, sanding, covering, and painting. Top wing on the Pitts measures 120". The Pitts will be the classic red scheme and covered with Solartex. The engine is a Valach 210 4 stroke.

It's been a struggle and a learning curve for me. Several builders have helped from others threads. My timeline for completion is the spring of 2017.

For interest of those who wish to follow, I will be posting a few pics each day or so until I get caught up to present time. Along the way, I may have questions that some of more experience builders may help with. Feel free to ask questions or offer constructive advice.

Regards - J Tab

Link To The Build Thread:

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...d.php?t=204571

Keep up the great work! We always love seeing build logs. If you're interested in having your build highlighted on the homepage of FlyingGiants, send me a PM!

Old 11-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by Arthur89777
Joined May 2016
39 Posts
WOW)))

It's so wonderful build)
Arthur89777 is offline Find More Posts by Arthur89777
Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
775 Posts
Nice to see building highlighted as well as a fine kit producer such as EMHW.
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Old 11-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,408 Posts
NICE!

I like this bipe.... Keep posting!
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 12-03-2016, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by stickbanger
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined May 2014
213 Posts
I'l be watching this build. I have a Pitts S1 and just can't get enough of flying it. Jaketab, I hope you get a great deal of pleasure flying this bipe as I know I would.
stickbanger is offline Find More Posts by stickbanger