logo

FlyingGiants Tour - Taildragger RC!

FlyingGiants.com decided Miss Ashley should venture out in the December cold and visit the good folks at Taildragger RC!

Splash

People Before Pennies

FG Visits TDRC

FG was excited to send Miss Ashley out on another RC adventure! This time she headed to the blue grass of Kentucky to visit two great people - Chad and Natasha of Taildragger RC!! Taildragger RC sells giant scale 3D planes, warbirds, gas engines, servos, fuel tanks and much more. We wanted to visit with TDRC and get to know them a little better...

From Miss Ashley:

Just as soon as I got to the city lights of Bowling Green, Kentucky, my GPS directed me back onto the country roads of Bon Ayr. When I started passing the caution signs for Amish buggies, I knew I must be getting close. I was on my way to the Taildragger RC "warehouse".

As I pulled into the driveway, Chad and Natasha Wilson were at the front door to greet me with kisses from Ace (their adorable pit mix). As soon as I walked through the front door I felt the enormous amount of warmth and love in this house. Full of fur-babies and beautiful handmade decorations, I felt right at home. After a tour of the house, including the "Hallway of Guitars" and "The Bunker Room" (check out the video below) we headed to where all the magic happens. Behind Chad and Natasha's humble home is Taildragger RC's base of operations. A modest, very well-organized garage, separate from the house, stores most of the products sold by TDRC. There we discussed the beginnings, goals, motivation, and motto of Taildragger.

Taildragger RC Tour - FlyinGiants.com - YouTube
Chad Wilson grew up in rural Kentucky. His obsessions with mechanics, like most, started early. As a kid, he worked on a dairy farm milking cows to save money for rockets. When rockets weren't enough, he moved to glow and gas engines. Then came the heavy artillery. How does the saying go, "First comes cars then comes marriage?" After falling in love with cars, he fell in love with his southern sweetheart, Natasha Wilson. If you've never met her, go shake her hand. Ya'll won't be able to resist that accent! ;) They married in matching Piper Cubs at their local RC field. I mean, c'mon.

Well, unlike most RC wives Natasha encouraged Chad's passion in mechanics and especially planes. After making the huge decision to quit the job he was currently in, he and Natasha decided to go into business for themselves.

Chad and Natasha both agree, they never went into this business to get rich. In fact, that's what they don't want! Don't get me wrong, everyone likes money, but when money becomes more important than the customer, that's where they draw the line. Chad readily admits to helping out his customers more than he probably should, but at the end of the day he says it feels good to do good. It's a guiding principle in all of their work, as are their religious roots.

The business that insists on being humble and work for the customer. Are we in the Twilight Zone? No. These people are real, and they really want to help. So if you're looking for a good place to spend those holiday gift cards, head over to Taildragger RC for some gift ideas. Also check out their line of warbirds Or you could just call Natasha, she's a hoot on the phone!

Thank you so much to Chad and Natasha for being such gracious hosts. Super good, fun people! Check out some of the pics I caught below!

About Taildragger RC From Chad:

"My name is Chad Wilson. I am an ACTIVE aviation enthusiast, RC and, full-scale pilot who is passionate about this hobby. This is my day job and I love it! I am real, enjoy the hobby, know the hobby, and I am not a "fly by night operation". I sell products that I feel are more than sub-standard and that I would use myself! I am an active flier and "3d weekend warrior" so to say so I know what works and what doesn't. I don't just "re-sell" these products, I USE THEM and extensive testing is done to make sure you receive a great product. I am a very small business in a very large pond but I like to treat a customer the way I would like to be treated. That's what kind of service you get with us "small guys". Outstanding customer service is the cost of doing business. I am excited about this more and more as we grow this business and add more great products for our flying community.

TDRC is a Christ Owned Business! God has blessed us with the opportunity to provide quality products to the RC World and the ability to fellowship with some wonderful pilots!"

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 12-29-2016 at 04:27 PM..
Old 12-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls
United States, AL, Mountain Brook
Joined Jun 2008
9,637 Posts
Cool!
Nice to know where my parts come from.
Thanks for posting. ;-)
Phil Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Phil Griffin
Old 12-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by Spats
ZDZ USA Tail Dragger RC
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,874 Posts
Two of the nicest people I have met doing business in this hobby. When is Tash going to sing for us in the video while Chad jams
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats
Old 12-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
3,887 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeet
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Old 12-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Flying Giant Scale is News.
Joined Jan 2006
7,799 Posts
Thanks for sniping one of me, Ashley........ Dammit.....
Bunky F. Knuckle is online now Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 12-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
8,950 Posts
Very nice. Always said the world would be better with a few more good honest people like team TDRC.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 12-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Edge_Pilot
Biplanes, Twice the fun!
Lagrange, Ohio United States
Joined Jun 2007
768 Posts
I am a newer customer of TDRC but I have placed several orders over the last couple months. I have had nothing but spectacular service, fast shipping, and great products. I plan to make this my first stop for all my needs with service like this. Keep up the great work.
Edge_Pilot is online now Find More Posts by Edge_Pilot
Old 12-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats View Post
Two of the nicest people I have met doing business in this hobby. When is Tash going to sing for us in the video while Chad jams
+1
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 12-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by ericrs
Havin A Blast with R/C
United States, KS, Copeland
Joined Dec 2013
20 Posts
It is so nice that there are great businesses like TDRC! Thank-you for your great service. It is my first place to go when I need RC gear!
ericrs is offline Find More Posts by ericrs
Old 12-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by ratobatics123
United States, KY, Manitou
Joined Sep 2016
45 Posts
I met them once. Very good people. He sold me his own Rc jet. At a great price. Flys perfect
ratobatics123 is offline Find More Posts by ratobatics123
Old 12-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by RazorEdge
Always flying
Joined Feb 2008
651 Posts
My lovely wife spotted this one for me today. Thought you all might enjoy it too
Happy New Year!
RazorEdge is offline Find More Posts by RazorEdge
Old 12-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by jvaliensi
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2016
29 Posts
I've recently became a Happy Taildragger RC customer. It's nice to see the people who make up the company.
jvaliensi is offline Find More Posts by jvaliensi
Old 12-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
1,287 Posts
1st thought as I add something to my order list is can I get it from TDRC. Nothing but great service from Chad.
dhal22 is online now Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 12-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by Pakratts Mistress
Karen Shaffer
Clyde, Oh
Joined May 2009
4,724 Posts
Chad and Natasha are the best and have great customer service!
Pakratts Mistress is offline Find More Posts by Pakratts Mistress