logo

AS3000 AS3X Flight Stabilization Module

Here is an inexpensive way to add stabilization to your giant scale craft from a company we all trust - Horizon.

Splash

Keep it stable!

The SpektruM AS3000 is a way for giant scale pilots to easily add A3SX stability to their aircraft. Plug the AS3000 into a Next Generation PowerSafe Receiver Sensor Port (AR9130T, AR12300T, AR20300T) and mount the AS3000 into the airframe. The price is $64.99 and due out in late January, 2017.

This system is the first accessory to use Spektrum Forward Programing by introducing a new menu on the Gen2 radios that controls every AS3X setting and mode available with the Spektrum AS3000 - Airware 2.0 radio update needed.

The Spektrum AS3000 Flight Stabilization Module is simple to install in any model that removes the trouble of an in-line gyro system. This helps to eliminate the additional point of failure that an inline gyro can introduce. The AS3000 is a small 1inch by 1inch square 6 Axis gyro and has 3 built in rubber dampened mounting points, making it easy to install and to isolate from other objects in the aircraft.

Specs

• Type:AS3000 AS3X Flight Stabilization ModuleWeight:0.1 oz (2.83g)
  • Length:1.016" (25.87mm)
  • Width:1.016" (25.87mm)
  • Height:0.363" (9.29mm)

Learn More

Head to the Spektrum site to learn more about this product.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by Spridal
Joined May 2010
484 Posts
Might have to try one of these on my 100cc.
Spridal is offline Find More Posts by Spridal
Old 01-05-2017, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by jvaliensi
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2016
27 Posts
When is the Airware 2.0 coming out?
jvaliensi is online now Find More Posts by jvaliensi
Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by fibertech
Owner Of Fibertech N More
United States, IA, Muscatine
Joined Nov 2009
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
When is the Airware 2.0 coming out?
Head to the Spektrum site to learn more about this product.
fibertech is offline Find More Posts by fibertech
Old 01-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,842 Posts
I did not see any release dates for the AirWare 2.0, but this product now has an April delivery date.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 01-06-2017, 12:52 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
3D or Bust
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
897 Posts
I'll definitely be using the AR20300T and this new Gyro in my Skymaster F-86 build!
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 01-06-2017, 03:25 PM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,842 Posts
Can someone educate me on gyro's please? I understand what 6 axis means, (X,Y,Z, and rotation about the X,Y,Z axes) but in terms of flying, what do the rotation axes do? Is the early AS3X on the Visionaire a 3 axis or 6?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by WesSC
Triple Tree Aviator
United States, SC, Williamston
Joined Mar 2012
246 Posts
Would like to see a side by side with the Demon!
WesSC is offline Find More Posts by WesSC
Old 01-07-2017, 09:49 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,842 Posts
Me too, and correct me if I am wrong, but this is a 6 axis, the Demon is 3, and this has only one cable (like a USB) versus a bunch of jumpers.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by twest
United States, MA, Ware
Joined Mar 2010
10 Posts
Futaba s-bus compatible?

Edit: Sarcasm
twest is offline Find More Posts by twest
Last edited by twest; 01-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twest View Post
Futaba s-bus compatible?
Nope, designed for the new Spektrum receivers. Why would Spek design something like this that would work with futaba?
rcflyguy is online now Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Old 01-07-2017, 11:07 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,842 Posts
Besides, it is programmed through the transmitter with AirWare 2.0.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Your OTHER Left
Denver, CO
Joined Apr 2008
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
Can someone educate me on gyro's please? I understand what 6 axis means, (X,Y,Z, and rotation about the X,Y,Z axes) but in terms of flying, what do the rotation axes do? Is the early AS3X on the Visionaire a 3 axis or 6?
Another example of poor terminology finding it's way into our lexicon due to the helter skelter way technology advances.

Early helis had flybars to help stabilize the head and a tail gyro to fix the yaw axis. Later on we got 3 axis gyros that allowed us to trade the mechanical complexity of the flybar for electronic complexity that fixes pitch, roll and yaw. Instead of flight control computer or stability augmentation system we got FlyBarLess FBL. Dumb IMO to define something by what it ISN'T but you can't fight momentum in language.

Later on we got FBL systems that added 3 accelerometers to the 3 gyros. These allowed us to determine not just rotation on the axis but also absolute attitude relative to the horizon. With this information we can provide not just rotational stabilization but self leveling as well. For some unknown reason, instead of calling these self leveling or attitude aware units we started calling them 6 axis which is the last thing they are?

Blame it on the heli guys, myself included A different breed of aviator to be sure
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old 01-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
Me too, and correct me if I am wrong, but this is a 6 axis, the Demon is 3, and this has only one cable (like a USB) versus a bunch of jumpers.
Unless you are implementing functions like a rescue mode, etc, I'm not sure how significant the difference between a 3 axis and a 6 axis gyro is. As you mentioned earlier the 6 Axis gyro still only stabilizes yaw pitch and roll, it simply has 2 types of sensors on each axis. The extra sensors are basically accelerometers and can detect how much the aircraft moves (how fast for how long) in any given direction so they can do a somewhat better job of stabilizing the aircraft or as I mentioned earlier this information also makes rescue modes, altitude maintenance, etc possible since they can detect how much the aircraft moved in any directlion. Basically the Cortex works really well but I personally don't like the way it flies using the stock settings, which are fine in something like a Jet but fight you through every maneuver in an aerobatic aircraft. The Cortex can be tuned but I didn't find the process very intuitive and I never got it turned to my satisfaction so I replaced it with a Aura 8 which worked perfectly right out of the box in an aerobatic aircraft, warbird or jet. The Cortex had the advantage of being simpler to setup in an airplane that was already setup in your transmitter. I suspect the new Spektrum unit since it has setup built into the new version of Airware should be very simple to configure and hopefully by default they have the stick priorities setup so it doesn't fight you during maneuvers that require full stick deflection like the Cortex does with it's default settings.

Wayne
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Last edited by wfield0455; 01-07-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,842 Posts
I was thinking it might have "Auto-AJ" mode!