Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
ULTIMATE1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Default BRISON ENGINES REVOLUTION 52CC ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MOTOR?

I'm looking to put one of these in my Dave Platt 1/5 scale spitfire as I can get it all in the cowl but I have no experience with these motors nor know anybody who has can somebody let me know if they have Thanks Brian
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	engine01-s.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	71842 44.2 KB · Views: 82

ULTIMATE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!

Default Re: BRISON ENGINES REVOLUTION 52CC ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MOTOR?

A friend of mine (EasyEd on FG) has two of them. Both are in mustangs. It's a good running motor with no serious problems yet. I'm propbably going to put two of these on my Ziroli P38.

www.stansphotos.com
RollingHarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
ULTIMATE1
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Default Re: BRISON ENGINES REVOLUTION 52CC ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS MOTOR?

Does he have scale exhaust on them http://www.keleo-creations.com/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumb-2-2-rev52.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	71844 33.9 KB · Views: 76

Name:	thumb-1-1-rev52.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	71845 35.9 KB · Views: 90

Name:	thumb-3-3-rev52.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	71846 40.7 KB · Views: 73

ULTIMATE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Javier Marquez
Flyin' Around

I have one of these engines, and am very happy with it. Curiously, I bought it for exactly the same airplane!! I haven't built the spit yet, but I installed the engine in a Wild Hare Edge 540 and it works just fine. Itīs a bit underpowered though but I live in Mexico City and start flying at 7100ft. altitude, so the engine won't hover the Edge at this altitude. Some people have told me to put a Vess 23B"prop on it and that should give it more thrust, but never got around to doing this. The engine is very docile and has as much power as a DA 50. Exact same rpm (about 6500 on a BME 22/8 at this altitude)on exactly the same prop. It should have power to spare for the spit. Incidentally, if you have any trouble at all talk to the owner in Canada. He has been very helpful with my questions and has always been eager to help.

Hope this helps.
Javier Marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!

Quote: Originally Posted by ULTIMATE1
View Post
Does he have scale exhaust on them http://www.keleo-creations.com/
Yepper it's that exact setup.

www.stansphotos.com
RollingHarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
INFINITE-FOAMIES
down on the deck rollers

Send a message via AIM to INFINITE-FOAMIES Send a message via Yahoo to INFINITE-FOAMIES Send a message via Skype™ to INFINITE-FOAMIES

if there is anything that you would like to know my dad runs kangke(disttibutors of brison and revolution) if you need any info.
p.s. theres is a new line of brison and gas engines coming out. check at the wram show and toledo expo

JR 11X DSMX DS8711 AR12110 DA150 Falcon 32x10

Last edited by INFINITE-FOAMIES; 02-02-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: incorect
INFINITE-FOAMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
rodman293
Flyin' Around

Hi I am looking to puchase one of this engines to put in a top flite P-51 and I wouldn't mind buying one used does any body know if anyone is selling one? if you do please contact me at my email rodman293@comcast.net and I will be glad to take it of their hands thanks C Rod.
rodman293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
VicRC
Gettin' Lower!

I know this was an old post, just wondering how is this motor working out? I would possibly try and get one for my Bates P51 mustang.
VicRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Javier Marquez
Flyin' Around

Default Brison 52

View Post
I'm looking to put one of these in my Dave Platt 1/5 scale spitfire as I can get it all in the cowl but I have no experience with these motors nor know anybody who has can somebody let me know if they have Thanks Brian
I have one and it is a very engine. Itīs not finiky, itīs easy to start and has just as much power as a DA 50cc.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Javier Marquez
Flyin' Around

Default Brison 52

View Post
I have one and it is a very good engine. Itīs not finiky, itīs easy to start and adjust and has just as much power as a DA 50cc.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
rodman293
Flyin' Around

View Post
I had one in a Top Flite 1/5, P-51, the motor runs good but it overheats in hot weather, it seems that the cooling fins are too small and when it is encased in a cowling it overheats due to lack of cooling capasity, they have tried to fix it with a metal fins propellar that goes ecased in a fiberglass hood that goes inside of the cow, but it din't work for me the engine ran at 275 Degrees in full throtle, and that's too hot, it seems that the engine was made for cool weather like in canada where it was made and desingned to run, but not in fla or other parts where it is hot 90 degree weather, i had to sell mine and was not able to fly it and take the risk of it oveheating, and have it seize up, a better choise would be a evolution 40 GTX, from horison hobbies it has plenty of power and it does not overheat. hope this helps C Rod.

Last edited by rodman293; 09-22-2012 at 01:26 PM.
rodman293 is offline   Reply With Quote