Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Full Scale Huckin'
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Boogie
Super Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Boogie
Default Need specs for some full scale aerobatic planes!

I am studying aeronautical engineering in Warsaw and we have a quite interesting project. We are going to design a plane (it's the first project of this type- I am on the 2nd year and it will take at least 5 years to graduate).
Of course I chose aerobatic airplanes as my goal. For the first step I am looking for some info about those planes:
-weeks special,
-spinks akromaster,
-staudacher s-300,
-Laser 200

I need info like this (I would rather need all of those specs listed):
-date of production of the first one,
-wingspan,
-length,
-wing area,
-height,
-engine power,
-weight for aerobatics,
-maximum airspeed,
-how many deegres of roll per second,
-max/min G's it can pull,
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Cracky
WHATS CRACKALAKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Need specs for some full scale aerobatic planes!

simple Google search

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero...ager_laser.htm

http://www.shanaberger.com/S-300.htm

Cracky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
Boogie
Super Contributor

I have already found those, but I need all of those specs on those planes, that I mentioned above.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
GmanBill
Super Contributor

Send a message via AIM to GmanBill Send a message via MSN to GmanBill Send a message via Yahoo to GmanBill Send a message via Skype™ to GmanBill

Let me see what I can find in my Library, I still have not thrown out my books and materials from my years in college. Graduated from SDSU (San Diego State University) in Southern California 1984 with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering. Let me see if I have the information in some of my stuff or can get it.

GmanBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
GmanBill
Super Contributor

Send a message via AIM to GmanBill Send a message via MSN to GmanBill Send a message via Yahoo to GmanBill Send a message via Skype™ to GmanBill

Boogie;
I went through my whole library and can not find anything on those. I know they have to be out there somewhere, you keep looking and I'll check with some of my other sources, and maybe I can come up with them this week. I still can't believe I didn't have anything on them being that I graduated in 1984, I will keep digging.

GmanBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
yonatan
Doo It! Doo It!

Hi Boogiefirst of all-good luck with your project, I have just graduated after studing aerospace engineering in the Technion in Israel and I can tell you that it is going to be very interesting a studies!
as for your request,Jane's comes up every year with an updated edition of the best book ever for finding ANYTHING you need, the book is called JANE'S ALL THE WORLD'S AIRCRAFT
try to find it in the library.
if you don't find it PM me and ill get you what you need.
yonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
Boogie
Super Contributor

Thanks for your help and support!
We didn't find what we wanted (I write we, because it's a group project), but we finally decided which planes we were going to use. Tomorrow I am going to present what we have done in front of about a hundred people. We will see how it is going to work out.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
Matt Chapman
Fly low & take chances !

Boogie,

Those are some very intersting chioces from back in the 'good ol days' I dont have any info about them for you, but have a few ideas for locating it. I had a very cool conversation with Charlie Hillard about the Spinks Acromaster. That plane was ahead of its time. Charlie flew it for a couple years.

I have built a Lazer, so I can supply someof that info.
Staudacher S-300, now a Panzel.....email Greg Panzel at wingtiptowingtip@aol.com He builds the new planes and knows all their is to know about the history of them.
Weeks Special (or do you really want the Solution?) If the Special is what you're interested in, it's the same basic lay out as the S1-S Pitts. The Solution is a whole new ground up plane that Kermit Weeks designed and built. YOu might want to to contcating the Fantacy of Flight Museum in Kissimmee, Fl. Kermit owns it and all of his planes are there and maybe one of his shop people can geyt you info.

The Spinks Acromaster is up in Oshkosh at the EAA museum. I don't know if they ever got it cleaned up and got it inside, but it is there. Last time I saw the plane it was in pretty bad shape sitting outside. If you contcat them, they should have basic info as well. www.eaa.org www.airventure.org
Hope this helps.

Matt
Matt Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Chris Hudson
Flyin' Around

The full size plans for the Spinks Acromaster still exist!

They are in the attic of the library at the Antique Airplane Association's library at their airfield in Blakesburg Iowa.

They are fairly disorganized at present (perhaps 4 plan tubes and two big boxes.) of acromaster and other assorted projects including factory drawings for the Culver Cadet and it's related versions which he bought rights to.

They were donated after Pappy Spink's death.

It's unfortunate, Pappy is largely forgotten but he kept aerobatics going in America in some really lean years.

I don't work for AAA but am spending a lot of free time as a member going through their plans
I'm going to be going through the Spinks material looking for info on another plane he may or not
have been involved with

Chris
hugo.first@hotmail.com
Chris Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
Shaker
Old School Hucker

The Weeks Special was really just a Pitts S-1S with new wings that Kermit either designed or had built. They were both swept unlike a traditional Pitts with only the top swept.

Another airplane that was REALLY ahead of its time was the Hirth Akrostar. This aerobatic monoplane had a full flying stab and flaps coupled to the stab movement.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hirth...tar/1505764/L/
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote