logo

Acro FS - From the makers of RealFlight!

Acro FS is a stick-and-rudder aerobatic hyper-realistic full-scale flight simulator. Jim Bourke's passion is full-scale competition aerobatics so he has created a sim that allows anyone to try it in his plane!

Splash

Fly Hard

Acro FS is a stick-and-rudder aerobatic flight simulator. Designed from the ground up to accurately simulate aerobatic flight, it allows you to experience what it’s like to strap into a high-performance stunt plane and take to the sky. There’s no navigation, no radios - just a lot of horsepower in a state of the art aircraft.

By Aviators, For Gamers

Acro FS is created by Jim Bourke, airshow pilot and member of the US Unlimited Aerobatic Team. You take the controls of “Fuzz Machine”, his modified Extra 330SC. Throttle up, build some speed, and take off to see what you can do with it.

The Box is Yours

Take off from Borrego Valley Airport, get some altitude, and dive into the box. Ground markings for the competition box are right where they are in California, so you can work on placing your sequence right where it needs to be.

Acro FS: Aerobatic Flight Simulator by Knife Edge Software (0 min 58 sec)

VR Support

For a truly immersive experience, use your Oculus, SteamVR, or Windows Mixed Reality headset. Look around the cockpit, check your gauges, or take a glance out the wing to make sure that 45-degree upline is true.

Hyperrealism

Acro FS is built using Unigine2, a cutting-edge large-world game engine. This gives the simulator tremendous realism, whether you’re looking down at the desert from 5000 feet or inspecting the instrument panel up close.

Racing

Test your skill against the clock, flying through inflatable pylons or holographic gates. Just be careful - the ground comes up fast!

Robust Flight Model

Under the hood, Acro FS is powered by the FlightAxis physics system. This predictive model simulates each component of the aircraft and integrates these effects into a total response. This allows Acro FS to model the exotic conditions created by aerobatic flight - there are no “blank spots” in the flight physics.

Photos

Link

Head over to the Acro FS site to learn more!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; 07-11-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,508 Posts
Yep.. I've flown AcroFS a little, and it feels really good so far. I know Jim said it's still very much a work in progress, but it will give you a good start into understanding how aerobatics works from inside the cockpit.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
1,069 Posts
Is this something you use with your radio Tx? How is this different from flying from in the cockpit mode

on the standard Real/Flight set-up?
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
Last edited by Flybye Steve; 07-12-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by bwilliams
Love to FLY!
Charleston, SC
Joined Jan 2006
155 Posts
I mean its free! So that's awesome.
bwilliams is offline Find More Posts by bwilliams
Old 07-14-2018, 03:59 AM
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,508 Posts
The physics are very much more realistic to a full-scale airplane including power loading and mass.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by Chelonian
Disaster magnet
Joined Jul 2018
1 Posts
Sad to say it did not really work for me.

I was using an fs-i6 transmitter that I have successfully used on sims in the past, but when I tired this simulator, it seemed to think the yaw channel was throttle, and I didn't have any control over the rudder.(it was always locked all the way to the side) I tried using the in-game calibration feature, but it did not fix anything.
Chelonian is offline Find More Posts by Chelonian
Old 07-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,508 Posts
The controller I have with RF 8 works fine.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:23 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2015
20 Posts
I am using the control link from Real Flight 7.5 and it kind of works. I had to remap the controls. However, once I do and save it as a custom config. my aileron channel switches to 12 and I get no movement. I have deleted the custom config files and rebuilt them with no change. Looks like a cool sim, but useless if I cannot get the controller to work.
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl

Quick Reply