Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 12-13-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
mahf77
Flyin' Around

Default About Moki Radial / RCS RAdial engines,,,

Can anybody please help me out. I just discovered this awesome Moki Radial engines also known as RCS Radials,, problem is I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico and everything R/C I have to buy from the continental USA,,,, so question is: Where of from whom can I buy this Moki Radial / RCS Radial engines from in the USA?? Will greatly appreciate any and all information anybody can offer me about this. Thank You very much.

Mike H.
mahf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
Patrick H
Hovering

Default Re: About Moki Radial / RCS RAdial engines,,,

http://www.rcshowcase.com/index.html

link " online store" in header menu will bring you to here.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c..../category.7/.f

I have wanted to pull the trigger on one of these many times. I wish I did 3 months ago, due to exchange rates they are now 50% more.
Patrick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
wiz310
Bigger N Badder is Better

I'm in that same boat. kicking my own ass now.
wiz310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
mahf77
Flyin' Around

Hey,,, Eagleburger, thanks a lot,,,, yes I went to the website and saw the prices,,, wow, never expected them to be quite that high!!! It hurts!!! Got some airplanes kits (a big Gee Bee Y Senior Sportster and a Pitts biplane) waiting for such a jewel of an engine as this Moki/RCS radials are but I'm gonna have to wait,,, still have two kids going through college right now,, and their expenses have to come first. This devaluation of the dollar sure is hurting every one of us, badly. I was wondering, is RC Showcase the only supplier in the USA of big radial engines,,, do you know of other suppliers?? I would certainly like to check that out,, other available big RC radial engines, that is. If you have any information about this please pass it along,,, I'm really highly interested in getting a good radial engine,,, but at more reasonable prices. Thank a lot fellows.

Mike H.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
mahf77
Flyin' Around

By the way Eagleburger, are you flying that beautiful Gee Bee R3 model?? You have a photo of it on your reply,,,, I love those big Gee Bee scale models. If you do have this model, how does it fly,, is it too hot to handle?? The R3 is a model that just became available from Hobby Lobby, if my memory serves me right,,, is that the one you have?? - Mike H.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Hinckley Bill
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Have one installed in my Balsa USA Stearman - a 215 and also just picked up a Genesis 1/3 Waco that has a 215 in it as well.

Had a chance to pick up 3 totally reconditioned and guaranteed 215's from RCShowcase for $2,500 apiece........hemmed and hawed to long and they sold quick......should've jumped on 'em when I had the chance.

Bill
Hinckley Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
Tired Old Man
on a vacation

Due to the low volume in sales numbers there aren't many radial engine manufacturers around. Those sales numbers, along with the complexity, adds to the pricing.

The RCS 215 is an awesome engine and well worth having. I suspect the other sizes are as well.
Tired Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #8
Patrick H
Hovering

Quote: Originally Posted by mahf77
View Post
By the way Eagleburger, are you flying that beautiful Gee Bee R3 model?? You have a photo of it on your reply,,,, I love those big Gee Bee scale models. If you do have this model, how does it fly,, is it too hot to handle?? The R3 is a model that just became available from Hobby Lobby, if my memory serves me right,,, is that the one you have?? - Mike H.
Na dont have one. I will build myself a giant scale size one day.

I have been tempted to get a Saito 450 radial. They are relitively cheap locally at the moment.

Going to utube and have a listen to some. I love the sound.
Patrick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
19Patrick83
Doo It! Doo It!

Hi! in Italy we started to made an experience about radial engine in 2000 (ten years ago)
Now after few prototipes engine we start to build a number of beautiful (and powerful) radial 7cylinders. We think our radial are comparable and powerfull the same of moki or other engines.
The reason is inside engine, because our radial have the same displacement of other 5cylinders engine but with also 2 cylinder. In small displacement (like model engine) the powerful and balanced combination is 7 cylinder. 9 cylinder engines is more flexible but also more heavier and more rotation inertia inside... 5 cylinder haven't same torque of 7...
For example, 5cylinder outside a canopy isn't realistic.
These are part of reasons because we made 7 cylinder.
Now we could buy on http://www.moki-italia.com/ the old 90cc constellation glow or gas.
Now we start with big gas engine 150cc with electronic spark control, the same control of single two stroke engines. It start with a finger
http://www.slengines.com/

this my friend Louis with the new 150cc on test that's constellation 90cc on 1/3 scale bucker
Thank you, best regards.
19Patrick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
scale11
Radial & Exotic engines

I should start machining new RADIAL engines within 1-2 months. Maybe will be an option to you. Check my web site at www authenticscale com Go to Exotic Scale (the others are not yet available). I am starting with the engines designed by Martin O. Use the E-mail for questions. Meanwhile, I think that for Moki you should call RCS by phone. Good luck on spare parts. Best wishes,
Antonio Silva
scale11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
arnobergmann
It is what it is

Running a 250 in a Waco YMF-5 to be maidened as soon as the trailer is finished to transport the plane. Ran the motor on the bench and was very impressed with it, very easy to start runs beautifully and easy to set the carb. If you dont get goose bumps when you hear this beauty run there is something seriously wrong with you
Attached Images
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
arnobergmann
It is what it is

Also have a look at http://www.vogelsang-aeroscale.com/radials.html The Valach 420cc and 800cc are works of art, wouldn't mind a 800 but at $8500 I can build another 40% Waco or maybee a 40% Gee Bee Z, Mmmm.........
Old 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Hinckley Bill
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by scale11
View Post
I should start machining new RADIAL engines within 1-2 months. Maybe will be an option to you. Check my web site at www authenticscale com Go to Exotic Scale (the others are not yet available). I am starting with the engines designed by Martin O. Use the E-mail for questions. Meanwhile, I think that for Moki you should call RCS by phone. Good luck on spare parts. Best wishes,
Antonio Silva
OMG those authentic engines are awesome......I can imagine actually building a P-51 big enough to handle that Merlin.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
legaleagle
Flyin' Around

I should start machining new RADIAL engines within 1-2 months. Maybe will be an option to you. Check my web site at www authenticscale com Go to Exotic Scale (the others are not yet available). I am starting with the rebuilt engines designed by Martin O. Use the E-mail for questions. Meanwhile, I think that for Moki you should call RCS by phone. Good luck on spare parts. Best wishes,
Antonio Silva

That'll be a good move.

Last edited by legaleagle; 08-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.
legaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
DESERTRIDER49
Doo It! Doo It!

There's a couple of them for sale here in the FG swapshop.