Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

 

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Off Topic Discussion > Chit Chat
Forgot your password? Create a new account


View Poll Results: are armed
my ccw makes me feel safe 88 39.64%
i hunt almost as much i fly 36 16.22%
i kill paper targets all day long 67 30.18%
cant stand guns 31 13.96%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #316
Mithrandir
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: High Desert California, USA
Age: 52
Posts: 7,493
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhoundman
View Post
HMMM just reloaded 400 rounds of 45 and a couple hundred rounds of 357.....think I may go shooting tomorrow.
I am thinking about getting into reloading again... I had a progressive RCBS I think.. 20 years ago...

What is a good progressive Reloader for 45 and 44???
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #317
Mithrandir
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: High Desert California, USA
Age: 52
Posts: 7,493
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by smokin
View Post
hey mith... you're not gonna make the cross country trip with bender to the fx3d are ya??? it would be fun.....
Naw... my wife is pregnant, I am out of vacation time and I am gonna try to buy a house this year..... I think I will mostly fly weekends local!
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #318
nesikachad
Crashing sucks!
 
nesikachad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sturgis, South Dakota
Age: 42
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

There's armed. . .

. . .and then there's armed.

__________________
Home of "The Last Sundowner"
Investment grade firearms.
www.LongRiflesInc.com
nesikachad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:43 AM   #319
MadMonkey
That's "MISTER" idiot to you!
 
MadMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: United States, TX, Roanoke
Age: 30
Posts: 1,049
Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via MSN to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by flyin4fun
View Post
Maybe, just maybe , the second amendment was put in place for american citizens to overthrow a corrupt US government.
So, what would it take, 100000, 500000, 1000000, even if you took half of the us population, and they had weapons, and ammo, that they used for hunting, target, skeet, whatever......you cannot go up against stealth fighters and bombers, laser guided missles, warships, nuclear subs, etc,etc,etc,
would never happen in this day and age.
So, with that being said, what is the second amendment good for in 2009.
It's called guerilla warfare.

How do you think Afghanistan held off the Russians?

How do you think Iraqi insurgents are doing so well against the USA (I really hate it, but it's true)?

The reason guerilla fighters do so well against highly advanced weaponry is because they are so simple. They don't have tanks or other easy-to-locate war machines. What good are air-superiority fighters if they don't have anything to fight? What good are massively expensive cruise missiles and smart bombs if you're fighting a couple of men at a time? There are huge advantages when fighting with a small army that is quick to mobilize and move, with no set headquarters or major encampments.

Simple small arms and explosives can take out more than you think. And believe me... there are hundreds of thousands of civilians who are willing to fight for their freedom. Not as many as I would like, and definitely not all of the ones who say they will, but there are many.

Plus, there are thousands of civilians who can outfight soldiers.

And along those lines, there are thousands of soldiers who would refuse side with the government in a case like this.

Just because the Joint Chiefs order a strike on militia doesn't mean those they order will immediately take their side without question
__________________
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #320
flynbye
Doo It! Doo It!
 
flynbye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: willoughby ohio
Age: 32
Posts: 279
Send a message via Yahoo to flynbye
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by nesikachad
View Post
There's armed. . .

. . .and then there's armed.


i like how you just slide the plane in there nice touch
__________________
Energy and persistence conquer all things. Benjamin Franklin
These Colors Don't Run

flynbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:38 AM   #321
airborneSGT
Pimpalicious
 
airborneSGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany, BY, Bamberg
Age: 32
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via AIM to airborneSGT
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Holy crap thats a lot of 240B's!! I would love to have that collection.
__________________
Performance Aircraft Unlimited


Getting R Done since 81!


Last edited by airborneSGT; 02-07-2009 at 04:44 AM.
airborneSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #322
airborneSGT
Pimpalicious
 
airborneSGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany, BY, Bamberg
Age: 32
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via AIM to airborneSGT
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

One last post before I go to work. One very cool system:

http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/mercha...e=SIG_556_Rail

Anyone have one of these?
__________________
Performance Aircraft Unlimited


Getting R Done since 81!

airborneSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #323
nesikachad
Crashing sucks!
 
nesikachad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sturgis, South Dakota
Age: 42
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Personal stash. . .







__________________
Home of "The Last Sundowner"
Investment grade firearms.
www.LongRiflesInc.com
nesikachad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #324
TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
 
TheTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Connecticut, USA
Age: 33
Posts: 10,364
Awards Showcase
FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Super-Huck!: Presented for incredible contributions from our members, to our community. - Issue reason: For bringing back the incredible action from the 2006 Don Lowe Masters in form of photos, writeups, and mass quantities of videos for all of our enjoyment. 
Total Awards: 2
Send a message via AIM to TheTank
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Sweet rifle Chad! 700 action?



Others... As for this thread. Lets reel it in and talk about the topic heading of the thread. As discussed many times before, politics don't have a place here. Any future political ramblings are going to be nuked. If you want to discuss the topic of the thread (weapons), please go right ahead. Thanks for understanding!
__________________
John Banks
Team JR Americas
J'Tec Radiowave
3D HobbyShop
Aircraft International/Quantum Hobby
TheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #325
Craven
on a vacation
 
Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Amelia, Ohio
Age: 52
Posts: 10,838
Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! FlyingGiants TBob Award!: Much coveted award for providing continued excellence in forum posting. - Issue reason: For living up to the example Tbob has set. Your one in a million, and we love you in a non gay way. FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. 
Total Awards: 4
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by Judge
View Post
Why? Did it do something wrong?
Oh....now you're a funny man.....
Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #326
Greyhoundman
GRRRR
 
Greyhoundman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ofallon, MO
Age: 35
Posts: 1,215
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by Mithrandir
View Post
I am thinking about getting into reloading again... I had a progressive RCBS I think.. 20 years ago...

What is a good progressive Reloader for 45 and 44???

I use a Dillion RL 550 B It is a very easy to use press and once you get going you can pump out the rounds pretty quick. I swapped out the tool head from .45 to .357 last night and loaded the first set of 100 in about 20 minutes.
__________________
www.rescuedracers.com


Greyhoundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #327
selleri
Icelandic Volcano Yeti
 
selleri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Keflavik, Iceland
Posts: 491
Send a message via AIM to selleri Send a message via MSN to selleri Send a message via Skype™ to selleri
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

I had a Remington 870 and Brno .22 a few years back, sold them part way through uni. for some modelling cash

Who knows, maybe one of those days...
__________________
- Sverrir Gunnlaugsson
selleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #328
3D1
Damn Wind
 
3D1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MA
Age: 38
Posts: 344
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Quote: Originally Posted by TheTank
View Post
Sweet rifle Chad! 700 action?



Others... As for this thread. Lets reel it in and talk about the topic heading of the thread. As discussed many times before, politics don't have a place here. Any future political ramblings are going to be nuked. If you want to discuss the topic of the thread (weapons), please go right ahead. Thanks for understanding!

Party Pooper. J/K
3D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #329
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
 
wylieruneyjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McClellanville South Carolina
Age: 50
Posts: 2,514
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Okay I got so mad reading Flyin4funs post on page 19 and 20 I skipped a bunch of pages to post this. YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG. WE DON<T NEED GUN OWNERS LIKE YOU! I DO SEE YOUR POINT ,BUT ITS FLAWED BADLY. IF YOU SAY ITS OKAY TO BAN A CERTAIN TYPE OF WEAPON, YOU SIR ARE NOT A GUN SUPPORTER! The gov wants your pistol, always has, always will. Cause its easy to conceal. They know there will be civil unrest if the try and take daddy,s 357 magnum. So they and YOU YES YOU say lets take the most menacing weapon and get a bunch of dumb-ass to agree that know one person should own a mechine-gun or sniper rifle. And you fall for this crap. Next thing you know certain states say hey you cannot own a gun that holds more than ten bullets, or with a pistol stock etc... hey you can not own carry or poccess a PISTOL -- YOU GOT IT-- NO GUN FOR YOU --- YOU MUST SUPPORT ALL GUNS -- ALL OF THEM--- NEXT TO GO IS YOUR SEMI AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS> HERE ME NOW BELIEVE ME LATER> DON<T BE GULLIABLE ! Its "are" right, protected by law to own any weapon we choose! AND don,t forget gurella warfare is very effective for underdogs. MAN YA NEED TO RETHINK YOUR POSITION. MAKES ME FEEL GOOD KNOWING THAT A FEW AR_50,s are around. All the owners are sane, justifable, good people. THINK MAN THINK. Okay I read the rest of the thread to here and beyond. my post stands, looks like some of my ideas were running on the same tracks as other great minds.

Last edited by wylieruneyjr; 02-07-2009 at 05:44 PM.
wylieruneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #330
Al Lewis
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Al Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Age: 63
Posts: 6,864
Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: You're a haaaaaaard man! 
Total Awards: 3
Default Re: how many giants are armed??

Okay, here's a cool toy! Be the first on your block to get one.
Attached Files
__________________

http://www.southeastrcengines.com
http://www.vessaero.com

Remember every second of every day there are thousands of men and women giving of their lives to keep you safe. Never forget them for they never forget you!!
Al Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Wives/Girlfriends of Giants! SuperDave Chit Chat 762 03-12-2009 07:48 PM
Flying Giants Addiction Neogenesis General Discussion 42 03-06-2009 12:37 PM
All Flying Giants, PLEASE READ!!! Biff General Discussion 16 03-05-2008 01:54 PM
Flying Giants is a BAD WORD!!! Al Czervik General Discussion 7 05-29-2007 04:34 PM
HEY ALL FLYING GIANTS!!! Biff Event Announcements and Discussion 15 04-05-2006 07:13 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

All Flyinggiants.com content copyright 2006-2014 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The Flyinggiants.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.
Please report any misuse of our trademarks or copyright violations using the contact form.
RCGroups Network :: RCGroups :: The E Zone :: Lift Zone :: RC Power :: Crackroll :: RC Cars

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.