Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #4126
Smacka
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by jamesrxx951
View Post
i think the jidder that is being talked about is only on the rudder. i have yet seen a jr or futaba servo jidder on anything other than a rudder with only 1 servo. it sometimes can be helped buy using equal tension tail wheel springs or the velcro trick under the counter balance. my 7955's jiddered on the ailerons and elevators. my same aged single 8711 on rudder only had a little jidder every once and a while. i used alittle velcro on the counter balance just enough to cause slight drag and all was well with the rudder.
Yeah, guess I should quantify what I meant by "everything you have stated here is true..." I am speaking of slop in a PID loop. Any closed loop control will have big problems holding a true position if there is mechanical slop (we will leave electrical hysteresis and phase lag out of this discussion for now). The loop sees an error signal from the feedback loop, and it tries like all heck to sum the error signal. When it gives an opposite signal to try to sum the loop, it loads the slop in the opposite direction and off it goes again. If the firmware is programmed for many iterations and the adjustment potentiometers gain is set high (or too high = too sensitive), the loop goes into self-induced oscillations, known to all here as the jitters
Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #4127
jamesrxx951

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Super08
View Post
One of the elevators on my 40% Extra shook so bad I wouldn't fly it anymore until I replaced it. (7950) You could see it shaking in the air like crazy as well not just on the ground. It doesn't matter what surface they are on, they will shake if it is a bad one. The other elevator was fine.

are you talking about a 7950 was shaking on the elevator? my comment was on the post above about the 8711 jidders. i was just mentioning that the only time i have ever seen a 8711 jidder was on a rudder with a single servo. my 7955's jiddered like crazy on elevators and ailerons also.
Team JR NCFR IMAC
http://tntlandinggear.com/ http://www.rcaircraftcomponents.com/
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #4128
Super08
Who put that tree there?

Got ya.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #4129
EddiePeels
Doo It! Doo It!

Last edited by EddiePeels; 02-12-2012 at 03:29 AM.
EddiePeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #4130
EddiePeels
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeverleyFlyer
View Post
If your hteory is correct how come they jitter out of the plane with no load except a servo arm?
Which are they, no jitter from my 7955's, I have seen Futaba jitter but I think that was from gear wear.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #4131
BeverleyFlyer

Quote: Originally Posted by EddiePeels
View Post
Which are they, no jitter from my 7955's, I have seen Futaba jitter but I think that was from gear wear.
7955's
all guided by 8FG.
BeverleyFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #4132
Mrs R
The Flying Mum

Default FROM DENISE KEEPING UP TO DATE

Hi! all,
Rachael is getting better and hopefully the Doctors ban on Rachael reading etc will be lifted soon
she still can't see to good but fingers crossed she's getting there though the medication makes her very sick.
I sent the first part of the repair instructions to Tavis (proof reader) this part has an overview of the problems with the servos and the tools needed with part numbers to make it easy to get them.
Rachael has to do some more pics on one mod. it requires a fair few pics as it is a bit fiddly to do.

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Mrs R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #4133
rcpilot82
It's Sooo Fluffy!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs R
View Post
Hi! all,
Rachael is getting better and hopefully the Doctors ban on Rachael reading etc will be lifted soon
she still can't see to good but fingers crossed she's getting there though the medication makes her very sick.
I sent the first part of the repair instructions to Tavis (proof reader) this part has an overview of the problems with the servos and the tools needed with part numbers to make it easy to get them.
Rachael has to do some more pics on one mod. it requires a fair few pics as it is a bit fiddly to do.

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Glad to hear Rachael is getting better.

Laser Cutting & Engraving Services
From Prototype to Production
rcpilot82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #4134
Smacka

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs R
View Post
Hi! all,

ALL THE BEST
Denise
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #4135
rcpilot82
It's Sooo Fluffy!!

Quote: Originally Posted by dunny
View Post
I would like to see Mike Mayberry respond to both of these specifically as he pretty much is calling BS on everyone (asking for video proof and there is a face to face interaction with the guy) and is implying that we are all making this up and if we have problems to contact him directly so others won't know how big the problem really is. The lack of professionalism on his part is unbelievable. It's one thing to have a problem and work through it and acknowledge it, it's another to pretend there is none. My Savox 1256's are all mounted up in the elevators of my 37.5% Yak ( 2 per half) and I can't wait to see them work!!

Dunny

Good luck with that....You are probably on his Ignore list now.

Laser Cutting & Engraving Services
From Prototype to Production
rcpilot82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #4136
Chris Todd
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry
View Post
Many of you have taken this to a personal level and at some point I'm not going to play anymore as the agenda for some is just to hurt and nothing else. I and Hitec have not ignored the public or the issue... We have responded and addressed both the jumping with the booster and the jitter with the firmware update, both now available. I've yet to see any productive discussions here in a while... only bashing, BS and personal attacks. I'm not going to play that game! Yes, I'm a rep but also a human being! So again... ANYONE that wants to talk to me like a man instead of posting childish garbage from behind the anonymity of their keyboard is welcomed and encouraged to call me (858) 748-6948 x 302

Mike.
It's funny, several of us, including myself, posted about the issues that many of us have, without taking it to a personal level.... Yet Mike will not answer.

I was seriously hoping that we could resume talking about the real issues, so that all of us that have been waiting for a solution for two years, would have it.
Chris Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #4137
IwataAir
Super Contributor

I think Mike has tried but the children clutter the thread with nonsense, I think the nail was hit on the head with the statement that Mike is damned if he does and damned if he dont. I would not bother entertaining trolls in an open forum.
IwataAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #4138
Steve Graham
Your OTHER Left

Quote: Originally Posted by IwataAir
View Post
I think Mike has tried but the children clutter the thread with nonsense, I think the nail was hit on the head with the statement that Mike is damned if he does and damned if he dont. I would not bother entertaining trolls in an open forum.
Perception is a funny thing. One man's troll is another's crusader for consumer education. Companies often face customers who fit into this "damned if you do, damned if you don't classification. OTOH it's also a complaint frequently heard by companies growing frustrated that their product has not lived up to their customers expectations. His statement and the nature of his selective responses and frequent and prolonged absences from this thread speak volumes to me about Hitec's REAL motivation for choosing to use this forum. It's simple really. Marketing, as opposed to customer support.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #4139
EddiePeels
Doo It! Doo It!

I dont know Steve, I kind of agree with Itawa, yes some people have an objective opinion but some people are just to bitter and twisted for Mike to deal with. I feel for anyone who has bought Hitec servos, and they have failed but at the end of the day you just have to move on, whats the point, it is but a little toy servo.

Last edited by EddiePeels; 02-15-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #4140
RCToon
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by IwataAir
View Post
Agreed... the teenager banter on this thread is just not funny anymore.
RCToon is offline   Reply With Quote