Grand Poobah& Master Re-Kitter
Niantic, CT
Joined Jun 2010
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSky View Post
Savox servos from who?
There's a few shops carrying them now. I ordered mine from quantumhobby.com

He carries the full line and can answer any questions you have, nice guy.
Bulldog Assassin is offline Find More Posts by Bulldog Assassin
Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Super Contributor
Joined Oct 2011
438 Posts

Savox, what about KO??? Savox are ok servo's, pretty good.
IwataAir is offline Find More Posts by IwataAir
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Niantic, CT
Joined Jun 2010
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwataAir View Post
Savox, what about KO??? Savox are ok servo's, pretty good.
I haven't had the opportunity to try the KO's yet. My LHS started carrying Savox so I grabbed some and tried them out. I heard good things and they were right in front of me so it was a no brainer.

At some point I may try the KO's but so far I really happy with the Savox.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Assassin View Post
I haven't had the opportunity to try the KO's yet. My LHS started carrying Savox so I grabbed some and tried them out. I heard good things and they were right in front of me so it was a no brainer.

At some point I may try the KO's but so far I really happy with the Savox.
Your servo should be in the mail as soon as Rachael gets back and is well she had to remove and replace a X1 Transister also and it needs run testing to make sure that was the only fault Fix 1.5 is done.

KIND REGARDS

Denise
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
The Flying Mum
Australia, New South Wales, Tamworth
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
LOL, glad you like the avitar. I ended up with Savox servos and it looks like that's what i'll be using from now on.

I believe weshearn sent his existing servos to Hitec for the "new" firmware.
Rachael says she is sticking with HITEC 7950s in her Extra as we put 168 hours running test under severe vibration. She is only useing FIX 1 as the buffer settup of the SMARTFLY Power Expander Pro. stopps the feedback into the receiver. Pic is feedback when jittering SPECTRUM receiver
Mrs R is offline Find More Posts by Mrs R
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Niantic, CT
Joined Jun 2010
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs R View Post
Your servo should be in the mail as soon as Rachael gets back and is well she had to remove and replace a X1 Transister also and it needs run testing to make sure that was the only fault Fix 1.5 is done.

KIND REGARDS

Denise
Thanks Denise! I really hope Rachael is feeling better, I wish her a speedy recovery! I do appreciate all of the work you both have put into this. Please let me know if you guys get a PayPal account. I would like to contribute to the cause as would others here.

I am anxious to test out the fix and report back.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Doo It! Doo It!
United States, WA, Ridgefield
Joined Jul 2009
107 Posts

Has Rachael posted the fixes she was going to post, I read her health was being a problem, sorry to hear, I'm 60 myself I know how important health is. I didn't want to miss her final fixes as I have lots of 7955's and a few 7950's, just have a few of them doing the vibe dance at center, I would like to see an address to get pots too if anyone finds them.
Thanks and lol Rachael
Bob
rcbrucelee is offline Find More Posts by rcbrucelee
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
IMAC Sportsman
Joined Jun 2008
9 Posts

Got my 7950's back from Hitec. They did the firmware update. I have installed the 4 servos back in the wing.
Have not made it to the field yet however first results in the shop are very good. No Jitter, All center every time.
Test will be with flying time on them., but first impression is good...
weshearn is offline Find More Posts by weshearn
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
1,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weshearn View Post
Got my 7950's back from Hitec. They did the firmware update. I have installed the 4 servos back in the wing.
Have not made it to the field yet however first results in the shop are very good. No Jitter, All center every time.
Test will be with flying time on them., but first impression is good...
So you're saying you used to have the jitter problem (on the bench) and the upgrade appears to have solved the jitter problem? Or did you simply have your servos upgraded, before the problem developed in order to avoid getting the problem.

Just trying to put this info in the proper perspective because I'm still waiting to send mine in and I've heard mixed feedback with some saying it appears to have helped and others saying they see no improvement.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
So you're saying you used to have the jitter problem (on the bench) and the upgrade appears to have solved the jitter problem? Or did you simply have your servos upgraded, before the problem developed in order to avoid getting the problem.

Just trying to put this info in the proper perspective because I'm still waiting to send mine in and I've heard mixed feedback with some saying it appears to have helped and others saying they see no improvement.

In all fairness to Hitec and all due respect no one has stated that this "current firmware update" has NOT fixed the jitter. I had the very first firmware update done on one of mine months ago when it was still premature and was very dissatisfied as it worked for 10 min. then went right back to jittering just as bad. That was the very first test of the first firmware update. It wasn't even my servo... It was a servo that Hitec sent me to test.

No one has gave much feedback on the lated firmware update yet . Heck I was the first to send mine in when I started all this and still am waiting on my 16 servos .
If Hitec hits this one outa the park and it really does fix the jitter "permanently" I will remain a Hitec customer but never forget the way they handled this. I would still preform Rachael's mods also as I really do believe this is whats needed for a more complete fix.
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper
Last edited by Snooper; 03-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
ont,ca,usa
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts

hey lowtech fix will work out just great
but you have to put them all together and then you have a new boat achor
Kaveman is offline Find More Posts by Kaveman
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 AM
IMAC Sportsman
Joined Jun 2008
9 Posts

No had the jitter problem on the ground and in air. It got bad enough in air that a smooth flight was not happening.
Sent in, Hitec did the firm ware upgrade. Hope after I get some time on them that the problem is solved.
Presently they dont jitter anymore...
weshearn is offline Find More Posts by weshearn
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,509 Posts

Glad to hear this!
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Old Grouch
USA, WA, Lynden
Joined Dec 2010
1,906 Posts

it still confuses.....how are they going to fix a hardware problem with a firm ware fix without losing centering and precise movement? somthin has to give somewhere. I agree that Racheals fix should be done WITH the firmware for a reliable CURE. what has happened so far is just kinda a 911 thing. fix the emergency and fergit about the next hour of operation. still need the boost tab....err cables to make em not glitch also? c'mon.
Unprofessional and dangerous.
JohnBer is offline Find More Posts by JohnBer
Old 03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
United States
Joined Dec 2007
1,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBer View Post
it still confuses.....how are they going to fix a hardware problem with a firm ware fix without losing centering and precise movement? somthin has to give somewhere. I agree that Racheals fix should be done WITH the firmware for a reliable CURE. what has happened so far is just kinda a 911 thing. fix the emergency and fergit about the next hour of operation. still need the boost tab....err cables to make em not glitch also? c'mon.
Unprofessional and dangerous.
Are you speaking from experience? Did you receive your servos back from Hitec and they are having the issues again?
Chris Todd is offline Find More Posts by Chris Todd