Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 12-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #676
folgado
Doo It! Doo It!

Send a message via Skype™ to folgado
Default Re: New hitec 7950TH

I switched the Powerbox to 5.9 volt and the glitching apparently is gone!

What a great deal, using expensive HV servos at 5.9 V

and the speed at 5.9V... I move the aileron stick full throw each side up and down and the aileron does not even reach middle way!!! this is HITEC super speed, WHAT A FIASCO they are slower at 6V than my old 5955TG's!

Thanks a lot Hitec!

This time I think I will change to JR once and for all.

I'll keep up the news.

folgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #677
cyoung450
Which Rudder??

Quote: Originally Posted by folgado
View Post
I switched the Powerbox to 5.9 volt and the glitching apparently is gone!

What a great deal, using expensive HV servos at 5.9 V

and the speed at 5.9V... I move the aileron stick full throw each side up and down and the aileron does not even reach middle way!!! this is HITEC super speed, WHAT A FIASCO they are slower at 6V than my old 5955TG's!

Thanks a lot Hitec!

This time I think I will change to JR once and for all.

I'll keep up the news.

You either have bad servos or you have messed up the programming, there are too many other people that use these servos with no issues, posting false information on the internet is LAME.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #678
50%plane
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by cyoung450
View Post
You either have bad servos or you have messed up the programming, there are too many other people that use these servos with no issues, posting false information on the internet is LAME.
+1

My direct LiPo powered 7950 is great. awesome power and speed. no issues what's so ever...
50%plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #679
jamesrxx951
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

View Post

i dont believe this comment to be warrented. there are ALOT of post here on fg about these servo's glitching. people are even buying the signal boosters to help out. you could offer a suggestion that might help this guy other than what you posted. he is not the only person with these issues. i have no idea what the solution is. some say it works fine with the signal boosters, some say that it works ok with using only hitec equipment and others just keep in on 6v or 6.6v.
Team JR NCFR IMAC
http://tntlandinggear.com/ http://www.rcaircraftcomponents.com/
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #680
50%plane
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by jamesrxx951
View Post
i dont believe this comment to be warrented. there are ALOT of post here on fg about these servo's glitching. people are even buying the signal boosters to help out. you could offer a suggestion that might help this guy other than what you posted. he is not the only person with these issues. i have no idea what the solution is. some say it works fine with the signal boosters, some say that it works ok with using only hitec equipment and others just keep in on 6v or 6.6v.
Solution:

ditch the Powerbox and run unregulated LiPo's....
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #681
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC

I just purchased and install 6 7950 TH's in a 40% Sbach and Dam if one ,, just one is doing the glitch thing when lightly loaded. O yeah it pisses me off, wanting to maiden flight the plane. I guess I'll just unplug the one servo and fly. Seems not to glitch when I put pressure on the servo, so it might not glitch in flite???? I wish I had a programmer so I could lower the resolution, that might help. So do I send the one back to TBM or to Hitec directly ?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #682
jamesrxx951

Quote: Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr
View Post
I just purchased and install 6 7950 TH's in a 40% Sbach and Dam if one ,, just one is doing the glitch thing when lightly loaded. O yeah it pisses me off, wanting to maiden flight the plane. I guess I'll just unplug the one servo and fly. Seems not to glitch when I put pressure on the servo, so it might not glitch in flite???? I wish I had a programmer so I could lower the resolution, that might help. So do I send the one back to TBM or to Hitec directly ?

depending on the glitching, running straight 7.4 i thought hitec released a note saying it is normal to see some glitching.but i guess it depends on what they say is expected and what you are experiencing. http://hitecrcd.com/support/service-...ins/index.html
Team JR NCFR IMAC
Old 12-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #683
plane

Quote: Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr
View Post
I just purchased and install 6 7950 TH's in a 40% Sbach and Dam if one ,, just one is doing the glitch thing when lightly loaded.
I had the exact same thing happen. Rather than send it in I just took it off of my elevator and put in the rudder position. That way the other rudder servo stabilized the glitch. The plane's been perfect ever since.
plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #684
cyoung450
Which Rudder??

View Post

You are right. I just get tired of people bashing products, it is very bad for the product when so many people read these threads, I still believe these Hitec servo issues to be isolated, or something is going on with the setup of the servo or the way its been programmed. Just my two cents, I am not trying to start anything here just stating my point of view, wrong or right.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #685
cyoung450
Which Rudder??

View Post
depending on the glitching, running straight 7.4 i thought hitec released a note saying it is normal to see some glitching.but i guess it depends on what they say is expected and what you are experiencing. http://hitecrcd.com/support/service-...ins/index.html

+1
Old 12-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #686
jamesrxx951

View Post
You are right. I just get tired of people bashing products, it is very bad for the product when so many people read these threads, I still believe these Hitec servo issues to be isolated, or something is going on with the setup of the servo or the way its been programmed. Just my two cents, I am not trying to start anything here just stating my point of view, wrong or right.

i understand. the bashing does get old.everything could get worded alittle better. myself included. from what i remember reading the best setup for these servo's are on a hitec only system. seems like the jr power safe setups seems to be the most trouble prone for the glitching. but like you said alot could be either set up, or programming.
Team JR NCFR IMAC
Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #687
50%plane
on a vacation

View Post
from what i remember reading the best setup for these servo's are on a hitec only system. seems like the jr power safe setups seems to be the most trouble prone for the glitching. but like you said alot could be either set up, or programming.
Answer:

video daily double(hehe)

First time plugging in 4 of those servos.. They've been programmed to the highest resolution. No shaking, no glitching, no noise... The rudder servo has two flights on it with the Hitec RX you can see in my Edge. I had a 922 sitting, so I figured I would plug it up for everyone.... Maybe folks issues are with a powerbox? I dunno.... mine seem to be great.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #688
cyoung450
Which Rudder??

Quote: Originally Posted by 50%plane
View Post
Answer:

video daily double(hehe)

YouTube - Hitec 7950/JR922 Unregulated LiPo

First time plugging in 4 of those servos.. They've been programmed to the highest resolution. No shaking, no glitching, no noise... The rudder servo has two flights on it with the Hitec RX you can see in my Edge. I had a 922 sitting, so I figured I would plug it up for everyone.... Maybe folks issues are with a powerbox? I dunno.... mine seem to be great.

Those seem slow to me...LMAO!! Just kidding thanks for posting!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #689
pepatrick
Yak - Extra - Yak...yakity yak

My setup...
Carden 37.5% Yak
2 x 7950 per aileron
2 x 7950 on rudder
1 x 7950 on each elevator
1 x 7940 on throttle
JR 1222 receiver
custom made hitec twisted wire
2 x 2300 A123 batts
At least 50 flights with this configuration and not the slightest bit of jittering or anything that could be considered close to it. This is the most solid setup I have used to date.
pepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #690
jongurley
Vess Propellers!

50% if you will put them on a 36" extensions or longer and on a surface and move the stick slightly and hold it I will about garuantee you will get a glitch,, most of you guys know me on here and know I usually speak good stuff,, I love hitec servos and have used a ton of 5955s and 7955 over the years,, but I have tried 4 of the 7950's on my 9100r(922) powersafe jr receiver ,, I have put them on my elevators and on 36" or longer extensions and I added signal booster and they still glitched,, ,, I have wanted to go to with them on my big IMAC 40% or 3d planes but I am not going to risk it whether "they work fine in the air" or not, anyway I sent two of them in and they checked out fine at Hitec and got them home and they did the same thing,, so as everyone knows its a JR powersafe rx/ 7950 problem,, I just can't believe there has not been a set fix from hitec or whoever in this amount of time..

Quote: Originally Posted by 50%plane
View Post
Answer:

video daily double(hehe)

YouTube - Hitec 7950/JR922 Unregulated LiPo

Alittle more fun than the model Decathlon!
jongurley is offline   Reply With Quote