Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 05-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
Geno
Proudly one of "those guys"

Default Re: setting up two servos per wing half with a jr 9303

Quote: Originally Posted by wildhare
View Post
You can't do it with 4 aileron servos on 4 channels, the p-mixes do not allow trim. If you try to trim the ailerons only 2 of the 4 servos will move.

The best way is to make the servos all match mechanically and use a Y cable. If that doesn't work for you you will either have to use Matchboxes (or equivalent) or use a different radio.

TF
Thats what i was wondering about the 9303. I just wasnt sure if i was doing something wrong with my radio. Its all good, i know now what im going to do. Thanks again to everyone
Geno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
wfield0455
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

You can mix to unused channels but unfortunately there is no way to disable the inputs to the slave channels. This means that if you flip the switch associated with the slave channel it will also effect the the position of the slave servo... I don't think there is a way around this which is why Horizon recommends using a Y harness or matchbox.

Wayne

Quote: Originally Posted by wildhare
View Post
You can't do it with 4 aileron servos on 4 channels, the p-mixes do not allow trim. If you try to trim the ailerons only 2 of the 4 servos will move.

The best way is to make the servos all match mechanically and use a Y cable. If that doesn't work for you you will either have to use Matchboxes (or equivalent) or use a different radio.

TF
wfield0455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
khedge
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Geno
View Post
Can anyone help, was wondering if or how to setup two servos per wing half with no powerbox. Just running through the reciever and not having to use any Y harness. The servos im using are the hitec 7955 with a powerbox on a JR 9303 2.4 Was just wondering if anyone has done this, or how too mix this feature to work. Might be just having a moment but i cant figure anything out

Geno
I have done this in my Dalton 260, but I have 2 922 rx's. One wing is plugged into channel 1 and 6(aux 2) on rx 1 and the same on rx 2. In device select I choose the mate for the ailerons to be flap(aux 2) then I programmer the servos to work in the correct direction. The trim also works the same too.

TEAM HOBBY EXPRESS
khedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #19
Ronbo
Ultimate Biplane Fan

Make sure to use HD type wire in the Y harness, naturally. I have this setup on my Ultimate, single servos on ailerons. Single reciever on dual packs. Fwiw..
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #20
AWorrest
Super Contributor

This only a suggestion but it can be done with limitations. I haven’t done this in practice as I own no aircraft that requires more than a single servo per surface. But this program does work on the Monitor menu and I’ve set it up on my bench to see if the servos rotate in the proper directions and if the servo end points and center can be individually adjusted.

The limitations are: 1. no flaperons or use of the differential menu 2. a separate trim has to be used for each aileron, and 3. the ganged servos are matched at only the end points and center positions.

Also, this is probably true for any ganged setups, but the servos shouldn’t give a jerk at startup.

In the DeviceSEL menu inhibit the GEAR, FLAP, and AUX3 channel outputs.

In the Wing TYPE menu, mate the AILE to GEAR and FLAP to AUX3. Activate the trim under the FLAP column.

In a program mix, mix AILE => FROL. Set both rates in POS0 to 100% and all select switches to POS0.

On one of the aircraft’s ailerons gang the AILE and GEAR servos to it. On the other aileron, put the ganged FLAP and AUX3 servos. The aileron with the AILE/GEAR servos will be trimmed with the aileron trim lever. The other aileron is trimmed with the AUX TRIM slide switch.

The 2.4 GHz forum has a similar thread as this one and the subject of aileron differential came up. The Differential menu is one other thing that should be avoided when setting up the servos as I described. It will have the same destructive effect as flaperons. The travel adjust menu can be used if differential is needed. It’s not as handy as the differential menu as the four aileron channels will have to be set individually.

This program is just a variation on Horizon's article about programming the 9303 for the Ultra Stick. On its own, the 9303 leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to handling multiple servos on a single aileron surface. While it can be used without some device like the match box, it isn’t necessarily practical to do so.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 05-25-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Added differential aileron limitation
AWorrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #21
gpalbuquerque
Flyin' Around

I was looking for a way to make four servos work in the ailerons, using a 9503. This mix works perfectly. The trim in independent places is just a detail to get used to. I'll use it on my Katana 100cc and tell you how it worked.
gpalbuquerque is offline   Reply With Quote