Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

 

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > FG Event Coverage > Event Announcements and Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #12511
Pakratt76
~Ken Shaffer
 
Pakratt76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clyde, OH
Age: 38
Posts: 5,855
Default

You guys missing me? Been pretty busy out in the garage shop ...

What a job this 1999 Blazer has been....

The newer blazers are nothin like my older blazer's & s-10 trucks... everything is
cramped in there badly! Had to finaggle around to get to the bolts on the
back side of the engine, and I even cut one access hole in the drivers floor
to get to a transmission bolt..
And then it took forever and a day to break the engine from the tranmission....
it was seriously corroded onto the engine/transmission alignment pins....
Passenger side pin stayed in the engine like a good creature, and the drivers
side alignment pin stayed into the transmission.... that was a pain!

Next time, if I do another 1994 to 2004 Blazer, I'm just going to take the whole
body off of the frame and it will make things much nicer.... LOL

Results are in on what the new Ratt Hauler needs to keep the V6 Vortec
..... #6 Rod Bearing had spun...
(((Crankshaft kit w/ bearings, One Connecting Rod, and complete gasket set)))

Here's some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	461.3 KB
ID:	441470 461.3 KB · Views: 20

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	441471 70.3 KB · Views: 21

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	325.7 KB
ID:	441472 325.7 KB · Views: 25

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	441473 225.1 KB · Views: 17

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	441474 216.1 KB · Views: 21

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	441475 110.1 KB · Views: 18

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	441476 122.3 KB · Views: 23

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	441477 87.9 KB · Views: 24

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	441478 89.1 KB · Views: 17

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	441479 84.0 KB · Views: 17

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	441480 79.7 KB · Views: 23

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	441481 107.3 KB · Views: 18

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	441482 104.0 KB · Views: 21

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	441483 81.3 KB · Views: 16

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	441484 53.6 KB · Views: 21

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	441485 109.1 KB · Views: 20

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	441486 101.0 KB · Views: 15

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	441487 105.4 KB · Views: 18

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	441488 76.1 KB · Views: 20

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	441489 109.9 KB · Views: 22

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	441490 65.1 KB · Views: 15

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	441491 81.4 KB · Views: 18

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	441492 77.1 KB · Views: 19

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	441493 77.6 KB · Views: 21

  • Click image for larger version

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	441494 113.6 KB · Views: 14


Last edited by Pakratt76; 01-24-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Pakratt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #12512
CEThomas
My life needs editing.
 
CEThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amanda, Ohio
Age: 51
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post
You guys missing me? Been pretty busy out in the garage shop ...

What a job this 1999 Blazer has been....

The newer blazers are nothin like my older blazer's & s-10 trucks... everything is
cramped in there badly! Had to finaggle around to get to the bolts on the
back side of the engine, and I even cut one access hole in the drivers floor
to get to a transmission bolt..
And then it took forever and a day to break the engine from the tranmission....
it was seriously corroded onto the engine/transmission alignment pins....
Passenger side pin stayed in the engine like a good creature, and the drivers
side alignment pin stayed into the transmission.... that was a pain!

Next time, if I do another 1994 to 2004 Blazer, I'm just going to take the whole
body off of the frame and it will make things much nicer.... LOL

Results are in on what the new Ratt Hauler needs to keep the V6 Vortec
..... #6 Rod Bearing had spun...
(((Crankshaft kit w/ bearings, One Connecting Rod, and complete gasket set)))

Here's some pics:
They do not have any extra space Should have posted some questions, could have made getting to the bolts a little easy for you. If you drop the trans cross member and let it drop a little then make up a a 48" extension using 2 24" extensions with a universal at the socket end and one at the mid-point it works like a dream. Replaced a trans in a 99 a couple years ago.

What T-case is in it? Does the 4x4 switch on the dash say 4High / 4 low or 4auto, 4high, 4 low???
__________________
Charles
Aviation Models Yak - DA150
Carden Cap 232 - DA100
Futaba 12-FG
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #12513
CEThomas
My life needs editing.
 
CEThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amanda, Ohio
Age: 51
Posts: 2,475
Default

New Purrr power engine we got.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00807[1].jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	441506 40.7 KB · Views: 13

__________________
Charles
Aviation Models Yak - DA150
Carden Cap 232 - DA100
Futaba 12-FG
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #12514
Kitman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Kitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,821
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post
You guys missing me? Been pretty busy out in the garage shop ...

What a job this 1999 Blazer has been....

The newer blazers are nothin like my older blazer's & s-10 trucks... everything is
cramped in there badly! Had to finaggle around to get to the bolts on the
back side of the engine, and I even cut one access hole in the drivers floor
to get to a transmission bolt..
And then it took forever and a day to break the engine from the tranmission....
it was seriously corroded onto the engine/transmission alignment pins....
Passenger side pin stayed in the engine like a good creature, and the drivers
side alignment pin stayed into the transmission.... that was a pain!

Next time, if I do another 1994 to 2004 Blazer, I'm just going to take the whole
body off of the frame and it will make things much nicer.... LOL

Results are in on what the new Ratt Hauler needs to keep the V6 Vortec
..... #6 Rod Bearing had spun...
(((Crankshaft kit w/ bearings, One Connecting Rod, and complete gasket set)))

Here's some pics:
No!
__________________
TEAM FUTABA
DesertAircraft Dubro SmartFly OMP
Falcon Carden Fromeco
www.ColumbusBigBirds.com
Kitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #12515
JohnBer
Old Grouch
 
JohnBer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA, WA, Lynden
Age: 57
Posts: 1,905
Default

check the top half of the intake real close too, they like to melt over time.
__________________
Wattch this!.........DOH!!!
JohnBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #12516
Pakratts Mistress
Pakratt's Sidekick
 
Pakratts Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Clyde, Oh
Age: 44
Posts: 3,535
Default Nelly and Pakratt's Hideout!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post
You guys missing me? Been pretty busy out in the garage shop ...
Wow, didn't even realize you were missing!! Me bad!!
__________________
Red Aero RC
Buddy RC
Wrong Way RC
Karen

Last edited by Pakratts Mistress; 01-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Pakratts Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #12517
raven04
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
raven04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States, OH, Willard
Age: 55
Posts: 5,324
Default

Now that your back....get the wookie back in his cage...PLEASE
raven04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #12518
Pakratt76
~Ken Shaffer
 
Pakratt76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clyde, OH
Age: 38
Posts: 5,855
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by CEThomas
View Post
They do not have any extra space Should have posted some questions, could have made getting to the bolts a little easy for you. If you drop the trans cross member and let it drop a little then make up a a 48" extension using 2 24" extensions with a universal at the socket end and one at the mid-point it works like a dream. Replaced a trans in a 99 a couple years ago.

What T-case is in it? Does the 4x4 switch on the dash say 4High / 4 low or 4auto, 4high, 4 low???
I could use many extensions and a swivel or two to get to 3 of the trans bolts,
a ratchet/socket for another 3 on the aluminum oil pan/transmission bolts......
the 2 bolts at 11 and 2 o'clock position, I got with a wrench, and the final bolt
I went through the drivers floor... even after removing the x-member for the trans,
It would only go down about 3/4" before it hit the tortion bar x-member and I still
couldn't get up in there...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1622307.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	441595

Had to be real carefull, and calculate & measure several times....
had a wire loom on the right of the hole, which you can just start to see,
and fuel lines were on the left of the hole.... just out of site....
That tranny bolt actually holds the fuel line bracket.....

After engine reinstall, this gets a fabricated screw in cover that goes
over the hole.... I did this on my '86 blazer as well, makes like so much
easier....

T-case ... push button and says 2Hi, 4high, 4low and then 4auto off to the side

Click image for larger version

Name:	2106132_orig.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	441596

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post
You guys missing me?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitman
View Post
No!
Awesome!

Quote: Originally Posted by JohnBer
View Post
check the top half of the intake real close too, they like to melt over time.
Yeah... This one is great shape... hopefully it stays that way through time...

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratts Mistress
View Post
Wow, didn't even realize you were missing!! Me bad!!
K()()L --- more garage time....

Quote: Originally Posted by raven04
View Post
Now that your back....get the wookie back in his cage...PLEASE
I don't know, man.... I hear that thing snarls like a beast & packs a mean bite!
Pakratt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #12519
raven04
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
raven04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States, OH, Willard
Age: 55
Posts: 5,324
Default

Morning everyone.....That's why you leave it to the professionals
The great wookie hunterShe'll save us all
raven04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #12520
Pakratt76
~Ken Shaffer
 
Pakratt76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clyde, OH
Age: 38
Posts: 5,855
Default

Yeah, the Wookie Hunter will get'em!!!!!!




Dennis:
There is just something quite disturbing with your avatar....

Name:  avatar16058_43.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  10.1 KB
Pakratt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #12521
CEThomas
My life needs editing.
 
CEThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amanda, Ohio
Age: 51
Posts: 2,475
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post

T-case ... push button and says 2Hi, 4high, 4low and then 4auto off to the side

Attachment 441596
Do not drain the T-case. It takes a special fluid for the auto clutches inside which GM is very proud of If you put in standard fluid the clutch pack will go.


Been a couple years and I can not picture what all is in the way After we got it up on the lift I know started at the t-case and worked forward
__________________
Charles
Aviation Models Yak - DA150
Carden Cap 232 - DA100
Futaba 12-FG

Last edited by CEThomas; 01-25-2012 at 08:22 AM.
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #12522
raven04
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
raven04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States, OH, Willard
Age: 55
Posts: 5,324
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Pakratt76
View Post
Yeah, the Wookie Hunter will get'em!!!!!!




Dennis:
There is just something quite disturbing with your avatar....

Attachment 441597
I saw it an just couldn't resist
raven04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #12523
CEThomas
My life needs editing.
 
CEThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Amanda, Ohio
Age: 51
Posts: 2,475
Default

Back in the day, we used to put wax on the covering to bring the full shine back. Has anyone used wax on Ultracote to bring back the shine??
__________________
Charles
Aviation Models Yak - DA150
Carden Cap 232 - DA100
Futaba 12-FG
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #12524
JohnBer
Old Grouch
 
JohnBer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA, WA, Lynden
Age: 57
Posts: 1,905
Default

I waxed my DP ulti after it sat for 3 years, it has ultracote and was pretty scratched up looking.. worked good. Detail spray works pretty good too.
__________________
Wattch this!.........DOH!!!
JohnBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #12525
Kitman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Kitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,821
Default

I can see Dennis has earned a beat down!! Don't you know not to wake the dead! Hop-a-long (Karen) get over there and slap him until i get there!
__________________
TEAM FUTABA
DesertAircraft Dubro SmartFly OMP
Falcon Carden Fromeco
www.ColumbusBigBirds.com

Last edited by Kitman; 01-25-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Kitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

All Flyinggiants.com content copyright 2006-2014 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The Flyinggiants.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.
Please report any misuse of our trademarks or copyright violations using the contact form.
RCGroups Network :: RCGroups :: Crackroll :: RC Cars

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.