Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > FG Event Coverage > Event Announcements and Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #9061
RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

This is my favorite! WOO WOO Pic
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	train show 045.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	442226 59.9 KB · Views: 26

www.stansphotos.com
RollingHarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #9062
istandalon
dumbass inc.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jay Hayes
View Post
Here's the scoop on the shirts. Last year I wanted to fund raise for the club selling t shirts. The shirts were sold to clubmembers at cost, and nobody else outside the club wanted them. I ended up giving away about a dozen oversized shirts just to be done with them. As a fundraiser, it bombed. But, it seemed like I saw someone wearing one at the track nearly every week. So, I want to make a new one this year, with no hope of being a fundraiser.
The printer requires a minimum of 24 shirts. Once I get a design together, I will post a picture on the thread. If I can reach 24 shirt requests, I will have them made. This thread is the only place I will be avertising, and all shirts would be made as requested, number and size. They will be sold at cost, should be around $10 each. I think I can get them in different shirt colors, but the ink color has to stay the same (white). I plan to have the bulk of them in a shade of vert (green).
i'm sure they'll be great, whatever the final product may look like.
sign me up for 2 large please!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #9063
terret725
Super Contributor

this transmitter pic is far higher quality
terret725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #9064
Jay Hayes
that looks infected

The tx labeled "450" is PERFECT!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #9065
terret725
Super Contributor

View Post
The tx labeled "450" is PERFECT!
of course it is. Its a Futaba
terret725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #9066
Airworks
FLY

Quote: Originally Posted by helisrule
View Post
as i recall i seen u fly airplanes numerious times!!
yea but that train display is permenant!!!! big e isnt WT ur always scrutinizing
im telln ya if u stick to one type of flyin ull be done in a couple years been there done that.. espesially when ur sponsored by numerious companies been there done that and it ruins the hobby for me....i say fly to enjoy not to impress!! fly what you want and enjoy what others can do if 6000 dollar airplane is ur thing have at it if a 200 dollar foam plane is great because ANYONE can do it if thats all u do.. i know because i use to order my fuel by 2 drums for one season.. NOW THAT WAS BORING AND A WASTE bc i got nothing but ball swingers complaining like lil girls.. and i found the heli world to be nothing but a bunch of back stabers!! and its still that way.. I like this small town flying and watchn great pilots to terrible pilots...IT IS WHAT IT IS....

ahhhhhhh...errrrrr????????***? i dont fly giant planes , why in the world would i want a shirt for a tour for giant scale planes like last years???????

and errrr ahhhhhhh??????????"WT ur always scrutinizing"....waht the hells that mean! posted a link to a cool train set?i dont follow.?

and my "comments" are meant to be jokes , if people cant take a joke like they dish out , screw em.! i can care less if people can't laugh.

i also dont believe anyone can "do it" cause if they could , they would be.giant scale and me didnt mix right, tried it , didn't like it.

yeh , there is backstabbing in the "heli" world(usa was built on backstabbing ) , but as we all know as fact ,IT DON"T STOP THERE!!!...,i need not go back 2 years to the beginning of everyone here(local club) getting into big planes and the talks and stuff thats gone around.much more i know of in the plane world then helis thus far. and most was in here.(no reason to say what or anything cause "most" everyone here already knows.) just think back to this thread title being changed.....................dot dot dot ...thats just a start.

if you count me givin crap to scott about things(givin each other crap about "you suck etc etc"). thats a 2 way street for sure!and all in good fun. cant think of 1 time i said anything to anyone about there flying skills other then foolish disregard to safety,,,,, and lack of enforcement.(which i know you agree with me on)

anyway , that got off topic of teeshirts. so , yes ...teeshirts that are universal in the hobby is a great idea.as i had already said.hence , "im interested"

COMPASS heli
Let the GAMES BEGIN!

Last edited by Airworks; 01-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Airworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #9067
Jay Hayes
that looks infected

This is my 4 year old, Mary. My youngest of 3 girls. When her sisters would go off to school last year, it was just me and her. I would buckle her in a jogging stroller, give her a juice box and goldfish crackers and take her over to the runway and I would do a couple of flights. Her older sisters dont give a hoot about rc, and I assumed Mary would be the same. I got out my RealFlight sim, and laptop tp practice. I just left it running and did something else. She played it about a half hour yesterday, and I found her playing again today. I havent said a word to her, and I'm not going to help untill she asks. If you look, the plane is flying. (admittedly not for long) If she decides to join me at this, I will make sure she gets the best clothes and a car for her sweet 16.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0175.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	442582 66.5 KB · Views: 35

Old 01-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #9068
Bunky F. Knuckle
I'm done!!! Your loss!

View Post
Here's the scoop on the shirts. Last year I wanted to fund raise for the club selling t shirts. The shirts were sold to clubmembers at cost, and nobody else outside the club wanted them. I ended up giving away about a dozen oversized shirts just to be done with them. As a fundraiser, it bombed. But, it seemed like I saw someone wearing one at the track nearly every week. So, I want to make a new one this year, with no hope of being a fundraiser.
The printer requires a minimum of 24 shirts. Once I get a design together, I will post a picture on the thread. If I can reach 24 shirt requests, I will have them made. This thread is the only place I will be avertising, and all shirts would be made as requested, number and size. They will be sold at cost, should be around $10 each. I think I can get them in different shirt colors, but the ink color has to stay the same (white). I plan to have the bulk of them in a shade of vert (green).
I'll buy one!!! Large, pls!

Proudly sponsored by www.buddyrc.com
www.taildraggerrc.com
Bunky F. Knuckle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #9069
Father Don
Finally got it to the deck!

View Post
This is my 4 year old, Mary. My youngest of 3 girls. When her sisters would go off to school last year, it was just me and her. I would buckle her in a jogging stroller, give her a juice box and goldfish crackers and take her over to the runway and I would do a couple of flights. Her older sisters dont give a hoot about rc, and I assumed Mary would be the same. I got out my RealFlight sim, and laptop tp practice. I just left it running and did something else. She played it about a half hour yesterday, and I found her playing again today. I havent said a word to her, and I'm not going to help untill she asks. If you look, the plane is flying. (admittedly not for long) If she decides to join me at this, I will make sure she gets the best clothes and a car for her sweet 16.
What a classic pic!! It's also an interesting experiment to see if she figures out the controls without being told.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #9070
helisrule
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Airworks
View Post
ahhhhhhh...errrrrr????????***? i dont fly giant planes , why in the world would i want a shirt for a tour for giant scale planes like last years???????

and errrr ahhhhhhh??????????"WT ur always scrutinizing"....waht the hells that mean! posted a link to a cool train set?i dont follow.?

and my "comments" are meant to be jokes , if people cant take a joke like they dish out , screw em.! i can care less if people can't laugh.

i also dont believe anyone can "do it" cause if they could , they would be.giant scale and me didnt mix right, tried it , didn't like it.

yeh , there is backstabbing in the "heli" world(usa was built on backstabbing ) , but as we all know as fact ,IT DON"T STOP THERE!!!...,i need not go back 2 years to the beginning of everyone here(local club) getting into big planes and the talks and stuff thats gone around.much more i know of in the plane world then helis thus far. and most was in here.(no reason to say what or anything cause "most" everyone here already knows.) just think back to this thread title being changed.....................dot dot dot ...thats just a start.

if you count me givin crap to scott about things(givin each other crap about "you suck etc etc"). thats a 2 way street for sure!and all in good fun. cant think of 1 time i said anything to anyone about there flying skills other then foolish disregard to safety,,,,, and lack of enforcement.(which i know you agree with me on)

anyway , that got off topic of teeshirts. so , yes ...teeshirts that are universal in the hobby is a great idea.as i had already said.hence , "im interested"

Whether it has a plane car or a freakn boat on it if it supports something who cares... JUST bc there isnt a heli on it it wouldnt stop me from getn it thats the point!!! who cares whether it has a heli...
Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #9071
Bunky F. Knuckle
I'm done!!! Your loss!

A shirt is a shirt, who cares!

Proudly sponsored by www.buddyrc.com
www.taildraggerrc.com
Bunky F. Knuckle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #9072
jimbomilligan
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Hey chris y. I just got off the phone with Eric Williams. He is a great guy and very helpfull.

http://liarsrc.com
jimbomilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #9073
scott m lyons
GOT GAS ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Father Don
View Post
What a classic pic!! It's also an interesting experiment to see if she figures out the controls without being told.
Are you kidding........................in a week Jay will be hovering over HER shoulders saying " just let me see the stick movement hun "

scott m lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #9074
scott m lyons
GOT GAS ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle
View Post
A shirt is a shirt, who cares!
If I get you a half shirt will you promise to were it at the event ???

scott m lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #9075
teambarger
Super Contributor

View Post
That's real cute until she turns 6 and is flying better than most of us ! Ha Think about what Justin Jee was doing with heli's at 6 years old.
I can see her x mas list now ! all giant scale planes and parts but in Jays handwriting !
teambarger is offline   Reply With Quote