Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Build Threads
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #106
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

Default Re: Goldwing 50CC Su-26 Build Thread (Purchased from Top Dawg Aviation)

Just got back from a day at the flying field, so I'm getting caught up. I see there was some discussion on the carb spring!!....lol and we might have leaking case halves. Like Rob said...tighten all the bolts and check it again....let me know what that does
superstocktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #107
Colton
Now taking manuver requests!

Send a message via Yahoo to Colton

If you don't have access to a tourqe wrench or decide not to take the engine off the plane. Do your best to keep the most even amount of tourqe you can on the bolts. Thats your best bet for not having any issues and will hopefully also stop you leaking too.

Dun did already gotted back to GA
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #108
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

Al,
I sent you an email via my Top Dawg email.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #109
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

If the leak doesn't stop after checking the bolts and you continue to run the engine, severe damage can occur.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #110
BOSSIER_ROB
Just Here For The Comments

If you didn't find any loose bolts on the case, I would urge you to send it in to Dennis and let him have a look at it. The vibration from the flight when the mounting bolts came loose probably broke the seal, but could have warped something. No need to ruin a brand new engine that's under warranty. Probably not a bad idea to let him give it a look over anyway, just to be safe.

Last edited by BOSSIER_ROB; 08-23-2010 at 01:06 AM.
BOSSIER_ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #111
Alerberg
Gettin' Lower!

Will do...
Alerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 AM   #112
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

Engine issue solved!!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 AM   #113
norm53
Flyin' Around

as a mt70cc owner,,i sure would like to see someone like blaine ,sell and service that brand,,,maybe one day ,,well theese forums are definitely informative,and thats why i decided to deal with top dawg ,,i can see now if i have a question or need a spare part ,its gonna get done quickly,i went with the 55m and its only 600 miles away,and in transit as i type,,if theres a build thread in here,,(i didnt read every post here) or another post,,please let me know,,ive allready seen the general ,vaugely written instructions,,just like to read some imput from other owners,ive allready seen people flying the holy hell out of them on youtube with 50 and 55 cc engines ,the 70 is going to be real swwet...
norm53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #114
Colton
Now taking manuver requests!

Send a message via Yahoo to Colton

I'm actually pretty sure I saw a video somewhere on youtube of a guy in china with the 70 on his and it was a absolute rocket ship. Not to mention the sound you get with a twin too.

Dun did already gotted back to GA
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #115
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

Quote: Originally Posted by norm53
View Post
as a mt70cc owner,,i sure would like to see someone like blaine ,sell and service that brand,,,maybe one day ,,well theese forums are definitely informative,and thats why i decided to deal with top dawg ,,i can see now if i have a question or need a spare part ,its gonna get done quickly,i went with the 55m and its only 600 miles away,and in transit as i type,,if theres a build thread in here,,(i didnt read every post here) or another post,,please let me know,,ive allready seen the general ,vaugely written instructions,,just like to read some imput from other owners,ive allready seen people flying the holy hell out of them on youtube with 50 and 55 cc engines ,the 70 is going to be real swwet...
There is possibly another engine in the works, but I can't tell you which one at this time
Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #116
juicesqueezer
SMOKING!

Quote: Originally Posted by superstocktx
View Post
Engine issue solved!!
Okay Dennis, what was wrong?????? Inquiring minds want to know!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #117
Alerberg
Gettin' Lower!

I was wondering... Has anyone had anyone problem with the Miracle switch like the type sold by ValleyView RC? During a post flight inspection I noticed both wires from the charging jack had broke right off were they were sodered. Not a big deal because it was the charging jack, but if this was the battery connection, I would have lost an airplane. Please let me know if anyone has had this problem.

TMM53 has been running great, I am still trying to get it set right for the idle, but the power seems great, has been running like a champ.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #118
superstocktx
1/2a glowtard

It's good to hear that the new TMM is running good I haven't used that Miracle switch you mentioned, so don't know anything about it. Hopefully someone on here uses them and can give you some info on them. I use the Fromeco Badger switches.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #119
Alerberg
Gettin' Lower!

Default Update 2012....

Yes... I still have the SU-26. After deadsticks on almost every flight, I fixed the gear (it tore off) and put her to bed for over a year. Last month I got the itch to fly her again, renewed my memberships and did some test runs of the motor. It was running great, but had problems when I turned it 30 degrees to the side or up/down. Motor would quit, every time. I sprayed some carb gum out stuff into the Wal carb and guess what, it worked! Motor was now running great, during a test run the throttle rod disconnected from the clevis so I tightened it back up (seemed fixed). Yes, this is called foreshadowing!

Test flight afternoon was a little windy, not too bad 15mph out of the South. Took off into the wind, didn't have to make one adjustment, tracked like a dream. Flew around to get the hang of things again, started doing aerobatics, finally stopped that nervous leg shake after 5min. I was starting to think about landing when suddenly the motor went to idle, I knew right away the clevis had vibrated loose again. I was low and slow, not good. I got her wings level and pointed it in a safe direction. The Su-26 doesn't float, looking back it probably would have been better to turn with the wind but didn't have time to think, just react. She bounced once, not too bad, second time it tore the gear off and punched holes in the wings (wheel-pants). Also broke the muff pipe, another 40 bucks down the drain.

Now I need to fix the gear again, only this time it's all f-up inside where the gear attaches. I bought some bass wood today, I think I am going to build a hollow box and attach the gear after a ton of expoxy. Perhaps some screws as well... If anyone reads this, and knows how to make great gear fixes... Please send me a pick with instructions, I am willing to listen and learn...