Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Airframes and Kits
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
torotim
Veteran Rookie

Default Sebart's 100 cc ARF's

I looking for a new 100 cc ARF and have been looking with great adoration at Pilot's Sbach and read a few old threads on the model, but then I noticed on Chief's website that SebArt jumped up to 50 cc and 100 cc versions of the Sukhoi. A real nice looking ship, well thought out color/covering schemes and so on. But then I see the price..................I'm thinking composite components? No, because I look at the specs and see that it's a pound or better heavier than most in it's catagory. And I can't help but to notice the wing area is a lot smaller than most in it's class.

Did I miss something? Smaller, heavier and $500 moe than the average 100 cc ARF.

Someone.......anyone, what did I miss? There's gotta be something to make them that proud of it. I mean, you know.........this guy designed the Funtana Hanger 9.............and now this. Is it something on a stick? Or is this one actually produced somewhere other than China were production cost more?

Just wildly curious!!!!!

HANG ON.....I'LL GO GRAB MY CAMERA!!!!
torotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Mode1Kid
Gettin' Lower!

Default Re: Sebart's 100 cc ARF's

I have the 100cc and love it! I saw the specs too and your right, it does seem heavy. But mine came out at about the same weight as my old g2 somenzini yak. (around 26-27lb?) It tracks beautifully and flies unbelievablely straight lines. It's by far the easiest giant scale airplane for doing knife edge loops that ive ever flown. I would have to say that I think it flies pattern/imac better than it 3Ds but those giant ailerons give it an awesome roll rate for rolling circles/loops. I agree with you about the cost being too high but I cant really argue because i love the way it flies.
Mode1Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
DEVZAK9
Crashen em and Bashen em

My friend Doug has the 100cc su 29 with a da 120 on the front and it is a freaking rocket

DEVZAK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
jonathanmanopla
Super Contributor

if you see the info on the Aeroworks Yak 100cc its have 104" of wings span but Has only 1960sq of wing area
the sebart sukhoi has 2015sq and the fuselage its larger than the Yak , i think the plane its awesomee and the weight and size its good too, but its true that its cost more than any other plane on that size of wood
jonathanmanopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
Colton
Now taking manuver requests!

Send a message via Yahoo to Colton

Have you seen this thread? Voodoo and altivillain really seem to like thiers alot.

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55081

Dun did already gotted back to GA
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
torotim
Veteran Rookie

Now we're getting somewhere, words from folks that have flown the beast. I'm feeling better that it's liked by the owners. Every dime counts anymore since making the decision not to put anything on a credit card unless I have the money to back it up. It's tougher to justify the extra $$$$$$$$ until you know it's not just another ARF.

I need a winter project, and something to look forward to come spring here in the frozen Minnesota north. You guys are giving me a reason to look harder at this one.

HANG ON.....I'LL GO GRAB MY CAMERA!!!!
torotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #7
Altavillan
Uber Contributor

Hey, I'll chime in some regarding the Seba 2.6
Why does it cost more than most wood planes? It's fully sheeted with balsa. No square corners anywhere. Makes it look like it's a composite. No ribs or daylite showing through. Very nice pocket hinging with close fit and tolerances. The hatch/cowl being one piece gives instant access to every part of the plane.
Is it worth the extra dollars? Just barely comparing dollar for dollar but it does have a bunch of built in bling and only bunches of dollars will get you that.
I'm no expert but this plane sure makes me go out and practice a lot to get better. Only a couple issues I've found so far, The hatch mount blind nuts are soft and stripped soon but replacing them with 8x32 Nylon bolts cured that. Upright harrier has a lot of wing rock, but a ele/ail reflex mix cured that problem nicely too. Very stable inverted.
Something I really like, I've been working on shifting the weight back till it flies neutral upright and inverted. Evan though this should be a tail heavy condition it will drop the nose on an inverted 45* upline. It hasn't lost it's good straight line flying habits. It does need to have a mix for KE flight at this cg whereas at IMAC recomended balance point it flies KE straigh with no mixing.
The wing span seams small but it isn't a small plane. It has a huge wing and the fuse is longer than most 36% planes.
To me it's worth it, Looks and flies like a Comp but easier to work on.
Altavillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
camss69
DDD

Altavillian's plane looks amazing! I've seen it in person and it has to have if not the best then damn near the best finish I've ever seen on a wooden plane. I flew it and was impressed with it, I would seriously consider one if you are in the market for a 100cc plane.
camss69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
jonathanmanopla
Super Contributor

buyed
jonathanmanopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
Altavillan
Uber Contributor

Good choice. Feel free to ask any questions.
Be sure and check out VooDoo's build thread, http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...t=revenge+wood
And mine at TFC (you might need to register to see the pics. http://teamflyingcircus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3219
Altavillan is offline   Reply With Quote