Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #136
Reza
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Default Re: Duralite: Spark Switch

Those who have bought them from Duralite, they have most likely received an email and been notified of this issue and will have replacements as soon as they get here, hopefully this week.

If you bought it from AI, I don't think things should be any different for you, contact them and request your replacement!

New ones will have a red dot on the case, regardless of who you buy it from!

My friend installed his way before I did mine and never had an issue but problem was they could not figure out which ones had the issue and which ones did not so they are replacing all of them!

Sorry for the trouble folks!
www.youtube.com/CaptainsAviation
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #137
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Reza
View Post
Those who have bought them from Duralite, they have most likely received an email and been notified of this issue and will have replacements as soon as they get here, hopefully this week.

If you bought it from AI, I don't think things should be any different for you, contact them and request your replacement!

New ones will have a red dot on the case, regardless of who you buy it from!

My friend installed his way before I did mine and never had an issue but problem was they could not figure out which ones had the issue and which ones did not so they are replacing all of them!

Sorry for the trouble folks!
Not your deal at all. So no need for appologies!

I'm sure 90% of them probably work great, but this "missing" issue is definitely caused by MY spark switch.

Once its replaced, I may test it out again, but sure as heck, my engine is now smooth with just a 4.8v pack right into the ignition.
Cryhavoc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #138
Bam Bam

It will be interesting to see if they work better when the new ones start coming in.
I have one on a new 125" ef extra. yet to fly it!
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #139
Reza

Thanks very much buddy! I am sure yours has the issue!
Once it is replaced, please give it shot, I am confident they have solved the issue as it is very costly for them to replaces things from Germany, I am sure they want the nightmare gone.

I am happy once they found out there was a problem they did not procrastinate!

Were you using a Li_Po or Li-ion with the spark switch and this happened? If so, I have no doubt yours was not good!

Partly this was unfortunate as I had it a couple months before the release and played with it a lot, did not fly but did put it on the plane running it then many times checking things on the bench! Mine did not show any issue, had mine shown any problems we would not be here!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38
View Post
Not your deal at all. So no need for appologies!

I'm sure 90% of them probably work great, but this "missing" issue is definitely caused by MY spark switch.

Once its replaced, I may test it out again, but sure as heck, my engine is now smooth with just a 4.8v pack right into the ignition.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #140
ericb
Team WTFO

This issue sounds oddly familiar. Can you say "Zues"?
ericb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #141
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

View Post
Once it is replaced, please give it shot, I am confident they have solved the issue as it is very costly for them to replaces things from Germany, I am sure they want the nightmare gone.

Were you using a Li_Po or Li-ion with the spark switch and this happened? If so, I have no doubt yours was not good!

Partly this was unfortunate as I had it a couple months before the release and played with it a lot, did not fly but did put it on the plane running it then many times checking things on the bench! Mine did not show any issue, had mine shown any problems we would not be here!
This plane, the AW extra 300 100cc is setup all HV so I am using redundant 2s 7.4v packs.
Power to the SS was fed directly from the Smart Fly Comp 12.

To eliminate the Smart Fly, I plugged in a 5cell nimh pack into the SS, with no change in behaviour.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #142
Smacka

View Post

I will say this much...once the problem came to light, they moved on it I wish the same aggressive attention was given to DSM2
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #143
g_mkoch
Doo It! Doo It!

I've been talking to Jack at Duralite and he seems to be on top of everything. He told me they should get the replacements this week so hopefully I'll should have new ones the following week. I have to agree that PoweBox has been agressive and quickly solved the problem .
g_mkoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #144
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Quote: Originally Posted by g_mkoch
View Post
I've been talking to Jack at Duralite and he seems to be on top of everything. He told me they should get the replacements this week so hopefully I'll should have new ones the following week. I have to agree that PoweBox has been agressive and quickly solved the problem .
I have to agree that they have been all over this to be sure.

I'd like to know what they found as the failure or circuit design issues.
Just the electronics geek in me to know these things.
hazards of the occupation.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #145
decoy26
Displaced Missouri Boy!!!

Mine had the issue as well, I was chasing ground issues. Glad they fixed it, mine will be in the mail this Tuesday.
decoy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #146
Reza

Honestly, I have been flying the DSM2 since their release. 10X with module, DX7, X9303 and now 12X. I have never had a single issue on any of my planes for the places I have flown at! I have never had a personal plane at Nall but have flown Quique's personal planes there with success as well. I am not even going to bother with the DSMX add-on and be out of single radio that I have! That is my personal experience and can't and won't speak for everybody! I am glad the DSMX will bring more positive results to giant events!
Quote: Originally Posted by Smacka
View Post
I will say this much...once the problem came to light, they moved on it I wish the same aggressive attention was given to DSM2
Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #147
Smacka

View Post
Honestly, I have been flying the DSM2 since their release. 10X with module, DX7, X9303 and now 12X. I have never had a single issue on any of my planes for the places I have flown at! I have never had a personal plane at Nall but have flown Quique's personal planes there with success as well. I am not even going to bother with the DSMX add-on and be out of single radio that I have! That is my personal experience and can't and won't speak for everybody! I am glad the DSMX will bring more positive results to giant events!
...and to be fair, neither have I...BUT...I attend IRCHA each year (for the past 3-years) and the thought I have been at risk My helicopter flies so much better than I can, it scares me to think what "could" have happen with my 4ft swath blades spinning at some 2200 rpm. I cannot risk it by not having DSMX. To be clear, I do NOT give a hoot about my bird crashing...it can be replaced. I care about all those peeps around me. Speaking only for myself, I was a tad confused about the timing of DSMX...but, that said, I applaud HH for suspending sales in order to "fix" all the radios they had in stock first. Very good move on their part
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #148
tcruiser16
Watch this!

The website says "Product not Found!". Anyone know what's up? I need to order one.
tcruiser16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #149
Reza

Which website did you go to?

Quote: Originally Posted by tcruiser16
View Post
The website says "Product not Found!". Anyone know what's up? I need to order one.
www.youtube.com/CaptainsAviation
Old 02-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #150
tcruiser16
Watch this!

Duralite's
tcruiser16 is offline   Reply With Quote