Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Industry Connection > FlyingGiants Sponsored Technical Support > 3D Hobby Shop Owners Club / Support Forum
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #1516
BOSSIER_ROB
TEAM 3DHS

Quote: Originally Posted by Pistolera
View Post
It looks like the Greylor pump, but for about $25 dollars you can get the box and switches from RadioShack and put your new Greylor on it.

Earle
Yep. That's a Greylor pump. You can order the pump and either buy a project box from RS like Earl mentioned or even find an electrical box at Lowes or Home Depot as well as a switch and have the same thing for half the price. The Greylor pump will really crank some gas out with a 3s lipo and it doesn't have to be very big. I have a five year old 2500mAh 3s lipo on mine and it will literally run my pump for over half a flying season on one charge, so you could use a much smaller, very inexpensive battery to run it.

FALCON PROPS
BOSSIER_ROB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #1517
AeroSheldon
3D Legion

OK, I am an electrical dunce. Can I get a list of parts? Those switches look pretty specific…. RS will have those too? And then just run some wire to the switches from the 3S lipo or my 8FG pack I have left over? All to the Greylor that I attach to the box, right? I like saving half!

Futaba 18MZ, JR 11X
AeroSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #1518
Pistolera
Old Guys Rule!!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

Here ya go.....got this from a fellow RC'er on RCG. Built mine just like this but with the Greylor pump.

Earle
Attached Files
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1519
AeroSheldon
3D Legion

thanks!!

Futaba 18MZ, JR 11X
AeroSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #1520
abobo808
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by cmala3
View Post
I didn't realize futaba servos were programmable.

Is the process the same as for hitec servos
its similar you get alot more features with the futaba software plus the pulse width matches if you program the center plug it into youre rx its the same no more guessing a few numbers definitely alot more user friendly
abobo808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #1521
abobo808
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by teookie
View Post
Where did you get your 9075's? I can't fine 'em in stock anywhere.
i work part time at a hobby shop they had them in stock
abobo808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #1522
Lappster
Uber Contributor

careful with the ABS boxes, if any gas does get on them (like after the Sig pump starts leaking.... ), they will get very soft and crappy. I did find a very nice grey plastic junction box at menards that works great and seems to be holding up, very similar to the one on the Abell jugs, has a nice oring seal too.
t
Lappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #1523
cmala3
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Lappster
View Post
careful with the ABS boxes, if any gas does get on them (like after the Sig pump starts leaking.... ), they will get very soft and crappy. I did find a very nice grey plastic junction box at menards that works great and seems to be holding up, very similar to the one on the Abell jugs, has a nice oring seal too.
t
The radio shack ones are working fine. I had a plugged T connector in my plane one day preventing it from taking gas. The pump kept pumping and soaked the inside of the radio shack box. That was over a year ago. No issues yet.
cmala3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #1524
Friedclutch
Go big

Dang... The gaylord pumps are cheap. Might have to grab one too. I hope it comes with some "gaylord fueling systems" decals. Oh snap. I've been reading the brand name all wrong.
Friedclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #1525
Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls

Quote: Originally Posted by AeroSheldon
View Post
OK, I am an electrical dunce. Can I get a list of parts? Those switches look pretty specific…. RS will have those too? And then just run some wire to the switches from the 3S lipo or my 8FG pack I have left over? All to the Greylor that I attach to the box, right? I like saving half!
+1..
I might even give that a try. All I have is two 2.5 gal with hand cranks.
Phil Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #1526
pryor808
Fast & Low

Location: Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz

Hey friedclutch!

If you really want some "gaylord fueling systems" decals. We can make some up for you free of charge but, most put them on your big bird.....
pryor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #1527
parpar1
Fast can be bad

Default spinner

I know the subject is pumping. But i want to talk about spinners. No not the little Asian one again.

Just in case you guys have not been following the carbon fiber spinner threads i thought i would throw this out to you.

You can use a tru turn 5" spinner back plate on a 3dhs spinner. The receiving lip is a little tall and the inner diameter is a little tight. I am going to try it as is. Others have been turning the lip down to the same height as the lip on the spinner and increasing the I.D.

Looks bad ass.

got mine from DA
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	spinner.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	451042 34.8 KB · Views: 37

Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #1528
steve400
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by parpar1
View Post
I know the subject is pumping. But i want to talk about spinners. No not the little Asian one again.

Just in case you guys have not been following the carbon fiber spinner threads i thought i would throw this out to you.

You can use a tru turn 5" spinner back plate on a 3dhs spinner. The receiving lip is a little tall and the inner diameter is a little tight. I am going to try it as is. Others have been turning the lip down to the same height as the lip on the spinner and increasing the I.D.

Looks bad ass.

got mine from DA
Nice! How thick is the backplate at the part where the spinner sits???
steve400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #1529
ghoffman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

So where did you get it, TrueTurn or 3DHS? What do I ask for?
ghoffman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #1530
3daviator
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I like that spinner idea, it does look good and I'm assuming it will prevent the cone from slipping like it does with the stock carbon back plate.

ghoffman, he said he got it from DA.

Save a Kid today !!

http://www.generationrescue.org/resources/vaccination/
3daviator is online now   Reply With Quote