Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Blogs > Case Groot's blog
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 08-11-2009, 03:06 AM   #1
Case Groot
Flyin' Around

Default DLE 55 PROP POSITION

Can some one tell me the position the prop should be relative to TDC for the DLE55 ENGINE, need to drill the holes for prop but want to make sure it is in the correct position for hand starting, thanks.
Case Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
FlyingMadDog
Doo It! Doo It!

I usually have them set to the 2 o'clock position as it is coming onto compression. That way a smart flip through compression means your hand is leaving the area of the prop.
FlyingMadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
jamesrxx951
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1

i set it up when the compression is coming on, you will see the magnet at 12 oclock and the prop is horizontal
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
imhooked
Doo It! Doo It!

2 o'clock for me. With the prop horizontal, i drilled the holes in a square, not diamond.....if that makes sense. . . .
. . ....not.... . .
. Are you really confused now? LOL
imhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
AFranchi

Send a message via MSN to AFranchi Send a message via Yahoo to AFranchi

Drill the hole square make two perpendicular line one of the line need to pass each tip of the prop blade. the compression start when the prop are at 2 o"clock, normally if you doinged in that way.
also if your engine shut down in the air the prop remain in horizontal position to avoid any damageg during the landing.
AFranchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
zoomer260

You can drill the holes anywhere you want to and you have 100% chance of getting a blade between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock. Very little chance of getting a blade exacltly at 12 or 3. So it will in between 99% of the time anyway.
zoomer260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
zoomer260

The only time I really have had need to pay any attention to this is with a single bolt prop. I then need to make sure a blade is somewhere in the upper right hand corner when I tighten it down.

None of this applies with a radial.
zoomer260 is offline   Reply With Quote